TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

So Power finishes for a few months with a 'whodunit' style mystery.

Ghost was speaking to so many 'ghosts' last night it was ridiculous.

Last nights episode was a return to the shite of earlier episodes in this series.

Roll on January  ::)

lurganblue

Quote from: screenexile on November 05, 2019, 10:27:48 AM
Watched the new Jack Ryan over the weekend. . . It's easy enough watching "USA USA" shite but it's quite enjoyable a slod 7/10.

Finished The End of the F**king World this morning and really enjoyed it again. It's well written and acted with a brilliant soundtrack 8.5/10.

Looking forward to the conclusion of Dublin Murders tonight as well have really enjoyed it very dark!

Didn't realise it finishes tonight! I have enjoyed this even though I don't normally like a murder mystery.

tyrone girl

Quote from: Taylor on November 05, 2019, 10:42:50 AM

Last nights episode was a return to the shite of earlier episodes in this series.

I feel this season they changed ghosts character a lot. Too many things didnt make sense.

lurganblue

Slightly disappointed in the ending to Dublin Murders.  I have to assume with that ending that there will be another series?

nrico2006

Quote from: lurganblue on November 06, 2019, 02:31:52 PM
Slightly disappointed in the ending to Dublin Murders.  I have to assume with that ending that there will be another series?

I would have to agree.  Thought there would have been some light shed on what happened when Adam was younger.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Billys Boots

This is a six-part book series written by Tana French - the first tv series was an adaptation of the first two books.  The next book features, mainly, Mackey (played by Nidge), while the rest of the books feature detectives that didn't feature at all in books 1 & 2.  Mackey's daughter features heavily in book 5, when she's a teenager.  The book series is highly recommended - I have enjoyed the adaptation also, but would have to say that it (nor the books) wouldn't be recommended for those who like things to finish neatly. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

screenexile

Nothing concrete yet about another series. I really enjoyed all of it right up until the end when I finally realised they left some loose ends.

Before all of it I thought it was great good story well acted. The actress who plays Cassie and the other who played Roaslind were absolutely excellent throughout.

Enjoyed Varys' role as well!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: screenexile on November 06, 2019, 04:03:10 PM

Nothing concrete yet about another series. I really enjoyed all of it right up until the end when I finally realised they left some loose ends.

Before all of it I thought it was great good story well acted. The actress who plays Cassie and the other who played Roaslind were absolutely excellent throughout.

Well acted and the Love and hate guys were brilliant, life is full of unanswered questions and this finished like that. Might get into the books, didn't realise there was more to it, Nidge is brilliant a likeable rogue
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Main Street

Quote from: Billys Boots on November 06, 2019, 04:02:30 PM

This is a six-part book series written by Tana French - the first tv series was an adaptation of the first two books.  The next book features, mainly, Mackey (played by Nidge), while the rest of the books feature detectives that didn't feature at all in books 1 & 2.  Mackey's daughter features heavily in book 5, when she's a teenager.  The book series is highly recommended - I have enjoyed the adaptation also, but would have to say that it (nor the books) wouldn't be recommended for those who like things to finish neatly.
I'd have the complete opposite opinion Billy, I thought the book (audio) was shíte but possibly that was because of the reader.
I only got half way through, pure agony. It's a story involving random individuals none of whom are recognisable to me as being remotely Dublinish. It's as if the author has written a book set in Dublin, but has never set foot in Dublin.
The tv drama is a mess from start to finish.

Ambrose

Quote from: tyrone girl on November 06, 2019, 02:10:18 PM
Quote from: Taylor on November 05, 2019, 10:42:50 AM

I feel this season they changed ghosts character a lot. Too many things didnt make sense.

It's not exactly "Who Shot J.R." I don't think anyone cares at this stage.

Nice to see the ghost of Angie return.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

ONeill

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 06, 2019, 09:03:20 PM
Quote from: screenexile on November 06, 2019, 04:03:10 PM

Well acted and the Love and hate guys were brilliant, life is full of unanswered questions and this finished like that. Might get into the books, didn't realise there was more to it, Nidge is brilliant a likeable rogue

Didn't think the lead role was any way near brilliant. Stilted and as if he was on stage. Nidge is the man.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

bennydorano

As much as the whole Poppy / Armistice build up would give you the skitter - The documentary on BBC2 last night 'They shall not grow old' was fantastic, quite harrowing at times.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: bennydorano on November 11, 2019, 07:02:58 PM
As much as the whole Poppy / Armistice build up would give you the skitter - The documentary on BBC2 last night 'They shall not grow old' was fantastic, quite harrowing at times.
Aye it's brilliant. The poor f**kers didn't know what they were letting themselves in for.

dec

Quote from: bennydorano on November 11, 2019, 07:02:58 PM

It is currently available on HBO here is the US. Took a quick look, I'll add that to my watchlist

Billys Boots

Quote from: Main Street on November 06, 2019, 09:54:58 PM
Quote from: Billys Boots on November 06, 2019, 04:02:30 PM

I'd have the complete opposite opinion Billy, I thought the book (audio) was shíte but possibly that was because of the reader.
I only got half way through, pure agony. It's a story involving random individuals none of whom are recognisable to me as being remotely Dublinish. It's as if the author has written a book set in Dublin, but has never set foot in Dublin.
The tv drama is a mess from start to finish.

Can't be having audio-books at all - I don't think they work, for me anyway.  I think the books are very slow burners alright, but I wouldn't agree about the characters - she does set out however, to make them as unlikable as the 'baddies', for some reason.  Apart from Mackey. none of them are Dubs; they're all culchie cops, which is as it is in Dublin (or was until recently, anyway).  I think Dublin is always portrayed as the person's 'own' Dublin, and quite unrecognisable from our own personal Dublins, but I catch your drift.  TV drama is TV drama - apart from some notable exceptions, it never really captures the written word. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...