Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

Antrim deserved to be relegated - today's merely confirmed that.
The blame for this lies 3ways - players, management, county executive.
The balance of blame is a matter of opinion.

But what is not up for opinion - is that our current modus operandi has not worked before, is not working now, and will not work in the future.

This has to change.
Put simply - is there any other "serious" hurling county that has such a token gesture of a club season?
I could write essay on essay on this but it all boils down to our neglect for the club level for the county level.
We got we deserve - it's a disaster of our own making.

But will it change?
I won't hold my breath.

Seamroga in exile

It's loughgiel's fault.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Sleeping giant

Am not saying for 1 second that it's any one persons fault.  Regardless of my opinion, but surely the answer is to put the best 30 hurlers in antrim on the panel.  Let them always hurl with there club and pick the best starting 15 that are fit come match day
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Sleeping giant on April 11, 2015, 05:52:28 PM
Am not saying for 1 second that it's any one persons fault.  Regardless of my opinion, but surely the answer is to put the best 30 hurlers in antrim on the panel.  Let them always hurl with there club and pick the best starting 15 that are fit come match day
you're living in a dream world big man, a dream world.  :-X

hurlingstick

As bad as our season was, today I thought 'surely not!'. When we were 8 points up I felt that was about right. Boy was I wrong! Gutting to be in 2A. Dark day for our beloved hurling. We need to find a way to get the best players in the county playing for the county!

thedog 83

Whoever is manager next year needs to go in to each club and have a meeting with each senior panel and get the best players involved. Tell them the plans and rules for season ahead, if they don't commit when they hear the plans etc well he tried.

I agree 1 night with county and 1 night with club for training and get the leagues back to being competitive.

Let's try and get a positive out to f the shambles of this league campaign

Sleeping giant

Agreed. Will KR go?

Sleeping giant

"Ive made it known that I was available and wanting to play for my county this past 3 yrs, others have past on stories of me not wantin to commit and to be honest I never put the stories straight because I wished them the best. However, the decisions that have been made ,reflect the result. Ryan and county have a lot to answer for" Liam Watson latest Facebook post.

Minder

Would love to know all these hidden gems we have that would make a massive difference to our fortunes. By and large the best players are playing for Antrim. Some of us have a very inflated sense of our standing in the game.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Sleeping giant

There's nothing inflated about it.   Outside the top 8 teams in ireland.  I believe strictly because of the club hurling and the talent that's in Antrim, we should be in the next group of 8.  But sure, antrim hurling shouldn't be where it is. But deserves to be where it is.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Minder on April 11, 2015, 07:52:55 PM
Would love to know all these hidden gems we have that would make a massive difference to our fortunes. By and large the best players are playing for Antrim. Some of us have a very inflated sense of our standing in the game.

A bit of sense on the subject at last
You would think we are sending out b teams
Most of the best young players from the last five years are on the panel
A bigger embarrassment than today's result is some peoples deluded views on how to fix things
Some of our best club forwards have been on view during the leauge and didn't cut it
Our best players that are dedicated are there
Imm excluding the players who are good enough but want involvement on there terms

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Sleeping giant on April 11, 2015, 07:50:50 PM
"Ive made it known that I was available and wanting to play for my county this past 3 yrs, others have past on stories of me not wantin to commit and to be honest I never put the stories straight because I wished them the best. However, the decisions that have been made ,reflect the result. Ryan and county have a lot to answer for" Liam Watson latest Facebook post.
Typically modest view from The Messiah Liam  ???.

Sleeping giant

It's not about Liam.  There's others.  But how can a county like antrim afford not to put out there best players?  By the way. He's been there and done it on the biggest stage of all. People may not like him as a person,people who don't no him. your looking like one of those people now, but you cant argue with him as a hurler.  I've said in the past. All I want is the best 15 on the field

Seamroga in exile

Picking/not picking players on their personality alone? Yeah, that always works.  ;)

getevennotcross

Quote from: Sleeping giant on April 11, 2015, 07:30:03 PM
Agreed. Will KR go?
Clearly Ryan has to go.  His 3 Yr plan (whatever that plan was) obviously has not worked.  If he was a CEO of a company, he'd be shown the door!  Has he the fortitude to admit he has failed and failed miserably???  A Highly embarrassing situation. Personally if it was me I would put my hands up, bow out gracefully and acknowledge I failed and take my leave.