The Official Aston Villa supporters thread

Started by Doogie Browser, October 23, 2008, 10:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

?

Main Street

The door has hardly been shut on Gerrard's exit but Villa are three up inside the first 15 minutes.

trailer

Quote from: Main Street on October 23, 2022, 02:22:05 PM
The door has hardly been shut on Gerrard's exit but Villa are three up inside the first 15 minutes.

Shows you what the Villa players thought of him. Similar to when he was a player. Liverpool only became a force when he retired.   

lurganblue

Some changes to the lineup and formation, suddenly the players look like they can play football. Changes that most fans have been calling for for ages. Gerrard clearly very stubborn in his ways. I don't 100% buy the Beale leaving was his downfall. Villa were mostly sh*t last season too, with Beale there. Perhaps things did go from bad to worse.

No idea who takes over.

lurganblue

Captain Obvious

Emery certainly upgrade replacement on the last fella.

shark

For a club that hasn't finished in the top half of the premier league in 12 years , it's an exceptional appointment.

laoislad

I thought Villa were back now that Gerrard is gone?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ziggy90

They thought they had signed Unai Emery instead they got his brother Dick!! "Got it wrong again Dad".
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

seafoid

Gerrard should have done an apprenticeship as Conte did.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/

Antonio_ConteHis managerial career started in 2006, leading Bari to a Serie B title, and Siena to promotion from the same division two years later. He took over at Juventus in 2011 and won three consecutive Serie A titles before taking charge of the Italian national team in 2014 until UEFA Euro 2016 where he led them to the quarter-finals. He then became Chelsea manager and led them to the Premier League title in his first season in charge,[7]
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

shark

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

tbrick18

Surely time to resurrect this thread.
Villa in 3rd, absolutely flying at home and having beaten Man City and Arsenal in the space of a week if they can pick up a few away wins really are in contention for a champions league finish and maybe even in contention for the league.
Emery has done some job with villa and I'd imagine will be backed in the transfer market so progress can continue.
I remember Leicester winning out of nowhere, can villa do the same?

statto

Saw the second half against city absolutely battered them haven't saw a team do that to city in a long time.  Emery has done a superb job real chance of top 4 especially if can sort out form on the road.