Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stiffler

Utd started poorly , seem to be a hangover from the international break.

De Gea to thank for going in at ht with a clean sheet.

Jose to make changes, rashford will be on soon enough.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

stiffler

Quote from: StGallsGAA on October 14, 2017, 01:20:22 PM
WTF was Lukaku at with that shot?  Stroke it into the corner and 1-0!

His 'tackle' was worse than his shot !
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Cunny Funt

So a scoreless draw instead of score draw. A poor spectacle and the 2nd half was worse than the 1st with no shot on target. Liverpool only side that looked to win that game but couldn't break down a well organized defence where DeGea only had to make one top class save.

StGallsGAA

Very disappointed in Jose. He obviously set the stall out for a 1-0 win when he should've went at them.

Boycey

I'm sure Jose will get all the blame but I think his players let him down today. Miki, Herrara and Darmian were shocking in particular. Lukaku got no support at all but if you wanted to be hypercritical he had one chance and should have scored, ultimately that the difference at top level.

I was happy enough at half time but in the 2nd half they couldn't even pass to one another. Liverpool were good up to a point but were toothless up top. Salah must be frustrating to watch, he looks like he's about to do something exceptional but then doesn't.

One positive is that there's no shame in being able to defend, Jones was mighty impressive again.

GJL

Disappointed in the tactics/performance/result today but can't be disappointed in 6 wins and 2 draws in the first 8 games.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: StGallsGAA on October 14, 2017, 03:13:15 PM
Very disappointed in Jose. He obviously set the stall out for a 1-0 win when he should've went at them.
I don't think he even tried for the 1-0. He was more than happy to park the bus and take a draw.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

magpie seanie

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 14, 2017, 06:20:53 PM
I don't think he even tried for the 1-0. He was more than happy to park the bus and take a draw.

How anyone expected anything else astonishes me. This is what Jose Mourihno is. A negative coach.

Minder

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 14, 2017, 08:18:55 PM

How anyone expected anything else astonishes me. This is what Jose Mourihno is. A negative coach.

Why is he like that though? Why spend millions upon millions to play like that? I would have thought that Utd team is equipped to win anywhere. They played as if they where in the bottom 3 and frightened of a hammering. It wouldn't take a monumental effort to beat Liverpool at the minute but they didn't even try.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

magpie seanie

Quote from: Minder on October 14, 2017, 08:57:29 PM

Why is he like that though? Why spend millions upon millions to play like that? I would have thought that Utd team is equipped to win anywhere. They played as if they where in the bottom 3 and frightened of a hammering. It wouldn't take a monumental effort to beat Liverpool at the minute but they didn't even try.

I agree but that's how he has always been and why he's not a good fit for United.

stew

Fair enough Seanie, you are correct, that said United are beating teams well, wearing them down with power and pace, United have come into this game in a rich vein of form and going up against one of the worst defences this league has ever seen out of a top ten club, and what does the gutless wonder do, plays for a draw and then has the balls to say Liverpool were defensive, the man is an arrogant git and I would have been happy enough if Liverpool had have won with the last kick of the ball, maybe, just maybe their manager would realise he could have gotten a lot more out of the game if ge actually took the time to go after that shite defence.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

screenexile

No balls playing with 6 defenders against one of their biggest rivals . . . Glory glory eh??

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Boycey on October 14, 2017, 03:26:48 PM
I'm sure Jose will get all the blame but I think his players let him down today. Miki, Herrara and Darmian were shocking in particular. Lukaku got no support at all but if you wanted to be hypercritical he had one chance and should have scored, ultimately that the difference at top level.

I was happy enough at half time but in the 2nd half they couldn't even pass to one another. Liverpool were good up to a point but were toothless up top. Salah must be frustrating to watch, he looks like he's about to do something exceptional but then doesn't.

One positive is that there's no shame in being able to defend, Jones was mighty impressive again.

Barely mentioned about poor some United players were, Herrera gave the ball nearly every time as did Darmian. If United had opened up we'd have been beaten, got no doubts about that. Mane turned into Messi last week but barely no mention of all the injuries United had.

No mentioned either of Klopps negativity, he was petrified to take of one of his 3 midfielders and replace him with an attacking player.

Lack of a left back is still a huge issue, Young is the best option but its far from ideal.

NAG1

Quote from: Maroon Manc on October 16, 2017, 09:52:59 AM

Barely mentioned about poor some United players were, Herrera gave the ball nearly every time as did Darmian. If United had opened up we'd have been beaten, got no doubts about that. Mane turned into Messi last week but barely no mention of all the injuries United had.

No mentioned either of Klopps negativity, he was petrified to take of one of his 3 midfielders and replace him with an attacking player.

Lack of a left back is still a huge issue, Young is the best option but its far from ideal.

No issue with the way he played, had Lukaku taken his chance it would have been down as the perfect away performance. Key is to keep momentum in this period so an away point is not a bad result in this match regardless of form.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: NAG1 on October 17, 2017, 09:38:55 AM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on October 16, 2017, 09:52:59 AM

No issue with the way he played, had Lukaku taken his chance it would have been down as the perfect away performance. Key is to keep momentum in this period so an away point is not a bad result in this match regardless of form.
And if De Gea hadnt pulled off a top class save?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either