Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Used to watch all of Utd's games on TV. Seen the time I'd never have missed them. A few years ago I cancelled Sky and BT. The football is boring.
I want to care, but I don't. It's just all corporate, overpriced, pampered footballers.
I watched the SF of the Champions League and did enjoy it. Plenty of mistakes and goals. But there are far to few of these games.

AZOffaly

Quote from: trailer on May 11, 2018, 10:35:14 AM
Used to watch all of Utd's games on TV. Seen the time I'd never have missed them. A few years ago I cancelled Sky and BT. The football is boring.
I want to care, but I don't. It's just all corporate, overpriced, pampered footballers.
I watched the SF of the Champions League and did enjoy it. Plenty of mistakes and goals. But there are far to few of these games.

Nearly every Liverpool game is like that!

trailer

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 11, 2018, 10:36:11 AM

Indeed I've seen very little of Liverpool's games but those that I did watch or part of, I enjoyed.

AZOffaly

Quote from: trailer on May 11, 2018, 11:09:05 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on May 11, 2018, 10:36:11 AM

Indeed I've seen very little of Liverpool's games but those that I did watch or part of, I enjoyed.

I'd like a few dour 1-0s!

trailer

Be careful what you wish for.. A dour 1-0 defeat against RM might not be what you really want!

AZOffaly

1 - 0 wins I should have said :)

magpie seanie

Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 11, 2018, 09:54:27 AM
Crap game Seanie but apart from the cup final the season was over a month ago.

Hope the youngsters get a chance Sunday.

I hope Smalling gets the boot this summer, can't understand after playing for United for 8 years how inept he is in possession;

There's one person who needs the boot and it's not a player. Just hope there's not untold damage done before the inevitable comes in late autumn.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 11, 2018, 11:25:31 AM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 11, 2018, 09:54:27 AM
Crap game Seanie but apart from the cup final the season was over a month ago.

Hope the youngsters get a chance Sunday.

I hope Smalling gets the boot this summer, can't understand after playing for United for 8 years how inept he is in possession;

There's one person who needs the boot and it's not a player. Just hope there's not untold damage done before the inevitable comes in late autumn.

Only time will tell, you might be right. Next season is huge but whatever happens he'll leave a very good squad unlike the mess he inherited.

Smalling is a donkey though and should be sold.

Milltown Row2

I agree on Jose tactics being shite, but he's brought in 2 trophies, in another final soon, brought Utd to second place and delivered CL football two years in a row! ...

Utd started off really well last year but just hit a poor period... should they manage to get over that next season they might be in the mix in the latter part of the season.. If not, Jose will walk himself.

I'm not defending him as such, I just think the stability was needed, it wasnt there since Fergie left
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

StGallsGAA

Marital due to play today and then injured in training.  Hopefully he hasn't played his last game for the club.

NAG1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 11, 2018, 11:59:33 AM
I agree on Jose tactics being shite, but he's brought in 2 trophies, in another final soon, brought Utd to second place and delivered CL football two years in a row! ...

Utd started off really well last year but just hit a poor period... should they manage to get over that next season they might be in the mix in the latter part of the season.. If not, Jose will walk himself.

I'm not defending him as such, I just think the stability was needed, it wasnt there since Fergie left

Pretty much bang on, all arguments can be made against JM for his style of play. I think if he can get the defence sorted he can then trust the attacking players more and relax the lease a bit.

Problem is that City will add to their position of strength so it is going to be difficult to catch them as I dont think Pep will allow complancey to creep in. So United just need to be in position to have a consistent season again and hopefully cutting out some of the silly dropped points.

Maroon Manc

Just don't know what to expect Saturday, United's record against the top teams in the league has been excellent the last 2 months so there's reason to be optimistic but who knows what United will turn up.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 17, 2018, 10:47:30 AM
Just don't know what to expect Saturday, United's record against the top teams in the league has been excellent the last 2 months so there's reason to be optimistic but who knows what United will turn up.

Jesus have a bitta confidence ffs! starting to sound like thon Liverpool fans, a boring 1-0 will do and put the season to bed..

Conte owes Jose one to be fair since winding him up during the season, which i believe actually got into his head.. Chelsea had great form up on till it mattered and where pretty shit, so pressure may be their issue..

Players now know its shit or bust now and while I'd love a 3-2 type game I just can't see it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trailer

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 17, 2018, 11:38:04 AM

Jesus have a bitta confidence ffs! starting to sound like thon Liverpool fans, a boring 1-0 will do and put the season to bed..

Conte owes Jose one to be fair since winding him up during the season, which i believe actually got into his head.. Chelsea had great form up on till it mattered and where pretty shit, so pressure may be their issue..

Players now know its shit or bust now and while I'd love a 3-2 type game I just can't see it

Conte is a dead man walking. What's the chances he goes all out and picks 6 strikers or something mental like playing Hazard in Goals. That's what I'd do. Proper 2 fingers up to the Owner.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trailer on May 17, 2018, 11:41:04 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 17, 2018, 11:38:04 AM

Conte is a dead man walking. What's the chances he goes all out and picks 6 strikers or something mental like playing Hazard in Goals. That's what I'd do. Proper 2 fingers up to the Owner.

He'll still need to get results for himself to be fair, no love for Jose either and I actually thought Conte was a decent coach, but working for Chelsea must be the pits!!! Constantly looking over your shoulder, and pressure from the boss to play certain players!

Hazard for me should leave as he's better than that club