Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OgraAnDun

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 10, 2018, 12:04:08 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 10, 2018, 11:58:26 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 10, 2018, 10:28:34 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on May 10, 2018, 10:04:39 AM
I found this interesting (possibly because it aligns with my long held views). The 7 point plan is the absolute antithesis of Busby and what United should stand for.

http://www.the42.ie/jose-mourinho-opinion-3999807-May2018/

And that is why Utd should have got Jose to replace Fergie after he retired, He'd have been gone by now but Utd would have at the very least won a few trophies and steadied the ship for a new young attacking minded manager..

Its hard to argue with his stats to be fair, and the lesser teams have used his own tactics against him by coughing up mistakes..For this season to be a sort of success Utd need to win the FA cup, Liverpool to lose the CL.. And I don't mean that in a bad way to Liverpool fans, I actually want Liverpool to win the CL, they have been the best team in the competition and Klopp (bar his one interview) is a really entertaining manager..

But that would be the only way Utd fans (in general) would see this season as a successful one.. As bad as it sounds!

It was a huge mistake not giving him the job straight after Fergie, Mourhino likes to spend money but at least the majority of it goes on the right players unlike what Moyes & LVG spent it on. I hope we can get the point tonight so he can give the likes of Gomes & Chong a game on Sunday or even Greenwood.

In other news I see Rooney is likely to be leaving Everton because he's not good enough, he's been stealing a living since 2012 and that was 6 years ago; Giving him a new contract was probably Moyes' biggest mistake.

It took Mourinho a long time to cop on to that also.

I thought he handled the Rooney situation well, he let Rooney play himself out of the team so the fans and press weren't on his back for getting rid of the captain as soon as he came to the club.

nrico2006

Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 10, 2018, 01:23:43 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on May 10, 2018, 01:02:36 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 10, 2018, 12:28:14 PM
He should have got rid of him straight away but that was never going to be easy given his contract etc.

I won't be surprised to see Martial go this summer, he's obviously very talented but we've not seen enough of it the last few years and I know that him and Mourinho don't get on at all.

Another DeBruyne or Salah.

haha, not everything is his fault. Salah was sold when Conte was in charge and given he was the Italian manager he'd have seen more of Salah then anyone else. As for DeBruyne he was a left winger at the time and Hazard was easily the better player. I'd imagine he was under pressure to balance the books at the time so something had to give.

Never understand the Salah one either, given that Conte was in charge when he was sold.  Additionally, there wasn't a huge queue of suitors chasing either player when they left Chelsea.

As for Martial, I am stuck between two different viewpoints.  One is that he sometimes seems like he could push himself more, increase the workrate and utilize his pace more.  The other is that he has been brilliant this season and has unfairly been shafted since January.  He was obviously one of those being referenced after Friday night but I fail to see fairness in how Lukaku or Sanchez could have 5 or 6 quiet and ineffective games in a row and if Martial (or Rashford) has one then they are scapegoated and hooked.

As for Rooney, it was obvious that he was going to allow Rooney to play himself out of the team.  He wasn't going to come in and sell the captain straight away.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

magpie seanie

So he came into United and continued to pick a substandard player for 2/3rd of a season because he didn't want to upset the fans and you guys are happy with that?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 10, 2018, 01:59:42 PM
So he came into United and continued to pick a substandard player for 2/3rd of a season because he didn't want to upset the fans and you guys are happy with that?

How many games did he actually play under Jose? and how many of those were full games?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

magpie seanie

He should have got rid of him straight away but that was never going to be easy given his contract etc.

I won't be surprised to see Martial go this summer, he's obviously very talented but we've not seen enough of it the last few years and I know that him and Mourinho don't get on at all.

haha, not everything is his fault. Salah was sold when Conte was in charge and given he was the Italian manager he'd have seen more of Salah then anyone else. As for DeBruyne he was a left winger at the time and Hazard was easily the better player. I'd imagine he was under pressure to balance the books at the time so something had to give.

After the game, he and fellow winger André Schürrle were criticised publicly by manager José Mourinho

Sound familiar? If you're giving Mourihno a free pass on Salah it's laughable.

NAG1

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 10, 2018, 02:03:45 PM

After the game, he and fellow winger André Schürrle were criticised publicly by manager José Mourinho

To be fair he got Schurrle right  ;D

Maroon Manc

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 10, 2018, 02:03:45 PM

How many other top clubs were in for Salah last summer? He's clearly improved a lot in Italy but even then only Liverpool were in for him last summer.

Ambrose

Wayne Rooney went to see Sir Alex Ferguson earlier.

"His speech is improving and he is learning to string a sentence together" said Ferguson.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

BennyCake

Why do members insist on addressing Ferguson as Sir?  :o

StGallsGAA

Quote from: BennyCake on May 10, 2018, 11:23:02 PM

Often wondered that myself.  High King or Lord and Master would be better.  Liverpool, Chelsea and City fans should advert their eyes to show their subservience as well. 

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: StGallsGAA on May 11, 2018, 12:26:02 AM

Often wondered that myself.  High King or Lord and Master would be better.  Liverpool, Chelsea and City fans should advert their eyes to show their subservience as well.

The word is avert, moron.

magpie seanie

Surprised it's so quiet here this morning after another tactical masterclass and the massive achievement of clinching second place.  >:(

Milltown Row2

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 11, 2018, 09:07:35 AM
Surprised it's so quiet here this morning after another tactical masterclass and the massive achievement of clinching second place.  >:(

Was a poor game, against a very poor team, Shaw should have scored only for a brilliant save, othjer than that it played out as an end of season lets not get injured for the FA Cup final game, and will be the same come the weekend against Watford..

Are you not satsfied that Utd finished second, i.e progression? considering how they have finished in recent years? Even looking at some of the games Utd should have won, City would have still won the title based on their results.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Maroon Manc

Crap game Seanie but apart from the cup final the season was over a month ago.

Hope the youngsters get a chance Sunday.

I hope Smalling gets the boot this summer, can't understand after playing for United for 8 years how inept he is in possession;

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on May 11, 2018, 08:37:16 AM
Quote from: StGallsGAA on May 11, 2018, 12:26:02 AM

The word is avert, moron.

Yer mans a great advert for the game alright  ;D