Stefan Campbell signs for Lurgan Celtic

Started by T Fearon, August 31, 2017, 06:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Would you not just go on and do your best no matter where you were asked to play?

BennyCake

Quote from: naka on December 16, 2017, 03:28:47 PM
Tony
He is getting a few quid so that decided it .
For me save for the ONeills everyone else has a legitimate reason
Gaelic is no longer the be all and end all
I can see it in my own house with me son.
He can take it or leave it whereas I lived and breathed it.
Croke Park has caused this because the chances of winning sam are minimal.

That about sums it up.

Good luck to him. Armagh could be doing with him, but a few quid and presumably a less intense training schedule wins out over a crazy gaa schedule and the monster that the gaa created ie. Dublin.

nrico2006

He cant be getting that much, ffs its basically intermediate football.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

LCohen

Gaelic football has lost its grip on reality.
Top brass make effort to control professionalism. Name one senior official within The GAA who does not preach one thing but facilitate the practice of the other?

They don't be able to see what modern coaching is doing with the game. In the past we had a participation sport open to labourers and chief executives and (almost) all jobs and professions in between. The best of those participants played for their county and the county with the best players tended to win unless they lacked the mentality. Nothing particularly wrong with that. It was actually interesting to watch and as the majority of the TV audience is not from the participating counties the fact that the spectacle was worth watching was important.

Club, school, college and underage football is preoccupied with "not losing at all costs " or even worse "not getting annihilated at all costs ". This is fed from county football. The enjoyment is gone. The playing time eroded to practically nothing. The training time exponentially increased making huge encroachment into any attempt at a normal life. For most the reward is to sit behind the subs as half the panel don't get any playing time.

Players should question what they do with their lives. If we don't like the conclusions they reach then we need to make some changes

naka

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 16, 2017, 05:01:20 PM
He cant be getting that much, ffs its basically intermediate football.
Sometimes a £100 or £150 can make all the difference
My brother is on £400 a week two kids and a wife so he would be more than happy with that

rrhf

It is also about ambition of the individual as well. Do you want to play in front of 1 man and his dog or 15k. Each to their own.

Rossfan

Will those 15k  pay the rent though? ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: BennyCake on December 16, 2017, 04:28:10 PM
Tony

That about sums it up.

Good luck to him. Armagh could be doing with him, but a few quid and presumably a less intense training schedule wins out over a crazy gaa schedule and the monster that the gaa created ie. Dublin.

Hard to argue with your last point - Not much use to Armagh or their fans, but at the end of the day if you are getting paid for it, it makes the training slightly more bearable.

There is also the aspect, maybe he just likes football better. Nothing wrong with that.

Itchy

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on December 17, 2017, 01:03:38 PM
Tony

That about sums it up.

Hard to argue with your last point - Not much use to Armagh or their fans, but at the end of the day if you are getting paid for it, it makes the training slightly more bearable.

There is also the aspect, maybe he just likes football better. Nothing wrong with that.

If he liked football better wouldn't he play for Armagh.

BennyCake

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on December 17, 2017, 01:03:38 PM
Tony

That about sums it up.

You mean soccer?

tonto1888

The door is still open for him apparently. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few of the 7 who have left the panel back for the championship at least

Rossfan

GAA people referring to soccer ball as "football" gets my goat.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Captain Obvious

Association football and our own Gaelic football. Soccer you call it if you are American as they have their own football.

Il Bomber Destro

Are there any Cross players on the panel this. From what I've read, it looks like they have all opted out.

Zulu

Quote from: Captain Obvious on December 17, 2017, 06:30:45 PM
Association football and our own Gaelic football. Soccer you call it if you are American as they have their own football.

Or soccer if you're Irish.