FAI...Spring friendlies for Interim Manager - Belgium/Swiss

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Quote from: Bud Wiser on September 03, 2010, 07:38:28 PM
Brian Cody needs to be manager for the next game because Robbie Keane needs to be dropped and nobody wants to do it.

Dead right, he was disgraceful (again). The rest of the team working like dogs and he was frankly reminiscant of the "goal hanger" in the play ground (except the goal hanger would usually score when the chance came). Though I wouln't drop him just yet. Robbie will no doubt extend his international scoring record in the next game. These are the ones he thrives in.

Doyle was sensational, fair play to him. Like Fahey too. Most of the team did fine but I'm very worried about St Ledger and Kilbane. Accidents waiting to happen the pair of them. Good enough result and fully deserved.

Main Street

Robbie Keane disgraceful again!
Get over yourself.
The morons of football punditry.
He has been our outstanding striker for the past 12 years, most probably our all time best striker and still with a few years of top class quality left.

GBXII

Too right, Robbie was not good yesterday but it is incredible the levels of criticism this guy gets off his own supporters, shows just how ignorant most football fans are. For example, Kevin Doyle may have been brilliant yesterday and he always works harder than any of his teammates but he wouldn't score in month of sundays and Robbie is just so much more talented than Doyle, yet there is never a bad word said about Doyle.

magpie seanie

Quote from: GBXII on September 04, 2010, 03:09:17 PM
Too right, Robbie was not good yesterday but it is incredible the levels of criticism this guy gets off his own supporters, shows just how ignorant most football fans are. For example, Kevin Doyle may have been brilliant yesterday and he always works harder than any of his teammates but he wouldn't score in month of sundays and Robbie is just so much more talented than Doyle, yet there is never a bad word said about Doyle.

Because he always empties himself.

Sure Liam Brady is more talented than the lot of them - lets stick him in for the next match.  ::)

AFS

Quote from: GBXII on September 04, 2010, 03:09:17 PM
Robbie is just so much more talented than Doyle

Wouldn't agree with that. Keane may still be a better finisher, Doyle is light years ahead in other aspects of forward play. I'd almost say Doyle would be a bigger miss for us than Keane these days.

boojangles

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 04, 2010, 01:26:07 PM
Quote from: Bud Wiser on September 03, 2010, 07:38:28 PM
Brian Cody needs to be manager for the next game because Robbie Keane needs to be dropped and nobody wants to do it.

Dead right, he was disgraceful (again). The rest of the team working like dogs and he was frankly reminiscant of the "goal hanger" in the play ground (except the goal hanger would usually score when the chance came). Though I wouln't drop him just yet. Robbie will no doubt extend his international scoring record in the next game. These are the ones he thrives in.
Doyle was sensational, fair play to him. Like Fahey too. Most of the team did fine but I'm very worried about St Ledger and Kilbane. Accidents waiting to happen the pair of them. Good enough result and fully deserved.

Just remind me who scored away to Italy and France in the last campaign???

GBXII

Doyle can only be said to be lightyears ahead of Keane in two areas of his play, work-rate and ability to win the ball in the air. Keane's touch, finishing, off-the-ball movement and passing (especially) are well ahead of Doyles.

QuoteBecause he always empties himself.

Sure Liam Brady is more talented than the lot of them - lets stick him in for the next match.  ::)

The point is Doyle gets overrated because he works incredibly hard (sometimes without much inteligence) whereas Keane gets underrated because he moans and appears to be a less honest player than Doyle.

Doyle man only be more important to Ireland because every single pass is aimed as it his head and so the responsibility lies with him in providing assists. If Keane doesn't play Ireland don't score, simple as.

magpie seanie

Do people honestly think Robbie Keane is a good finisher?

GBXII

He's a good finisher. A level down from world class. Not as good as Torres but better than say, Berbatov, for example.

Main Street

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 04, 2010, 04:07:46 PM
If you have to ask that question, this analysis business is a good bit beyond you.
I can't count the number of times Robbie Keane has dug us out of a hole to live for another day.

An atrocious miss last night. Made amends by good intelligent play to hold the ball for Doyle to lay it off to Fahey.

Main Street

Quote from: GBXII on September 04, 2010, 12:49:36 PM
Green is getting away way too softly here, he was absolutely rubbish. A terrible first half followed by a slightly improved second half. Definitely should have been substitued for Gibson early in the second half but I can only assume Trap didn't want to ruin his confidence.
Assume all you want but Trap was not shy to substitute Keogh in Italy after 25 minutes. If Trap felt he had to substitute Green he would have done so without the slightest regard for the player's confidence. Dunne made 2 horrific mistakes, Green made 3 or 4, but the rest of his play was adequate for a pressure game in a competitive debut. The only alternative to Green was Gibson and quite frankly Green's effective workrate puts him ahead of Gibson atm, in the Irish set up.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Main Street on September 04, 2010, 04:24:28 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on September 04, 2010, 04:07:46 PM
If you have to ask that question, this analysis business is a good bit beyond you.
I can't count the number of times Robbie Keane has dug us out of a hole to live for another day.

An atrocious miss last night. Made amends by good intelligent play to hold the ball for Doyle to lay it off to Fahey.

Which miss was the atrocious one? I think there were a few.

He lost the ball before Doyle came to the rescue and dug it out for Fahey.

BennyHarp

I cant believe the grief robbie keane gets on here - he may not be the force he was but he is most definately worth his place on that team! Its not as if we are blessed with loads of top strikers to replace him!
That was never a square ball!!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Boycey on September 04, 2010, 04:54:30 PM
Quote from: Main Street on September 04, 2010, 04:40:26 PM
Quote from: GBXII on September 04, 2010, 12:49:36 PM
Green is getting away way too softly here, he was absolutely rubbish. A terrible first half followed by a slightly improved second half. Definitely should have been substitued for Gibson early in the second half but I can only assume Trap didn't want to ruin his confidence.
Assume all you want but Trap was not shy to substitute Keogh in Italy after 25 minutes. If Trap felt he had to substitute Green he would have done so without the slightest regard for the player's confidence. Dunne made 2 horrific mistakes, Green made 3 or 4, but the rest of his play was adequate for a pressure game in a competitive debut. The only alternative to Green was Gibson and quite frankly Green's effective workrate puts him ahead of Gibson atm, in the Irish set up.

Surely the only reason Green is playing instead of Gibson is that he's being playing regular club footie at the start of this season wheras Gibson hasn't?

I dunno,I'd say he was picked on merit from his decent enough performances in the games against Algeria and Paraguay.

Quote from: BennyHarp on September 04, 2010, 04:52:02 PM
I cant believe the grief robbie keane gets on here - he may not be the force he was but he is most definately worth his place on that team! Its not as if we are blessed with loads of top strikers to replace him!

Nor can I.

You'll Never Walk Alone.

ross4life

I wasn't keeping up to date but can someone tell me why these international games were all played on Friday instead of Saturday?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open