FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

Dreadful performance against a very average side who were missing a lot of players. Could have qualified tonight.

dclane

Much better in second half alright. Thought it was a right decision to disallow the goal.
Austria missed a few chances so I think it's silly to say we were robbed.

Capt Pat

It was an opportunity lost for the republic. Austria are an average side and should have been beaten but we didn't deserve it, we didn't play well enough in the first half and early in the second half. We were robbed because there was no foul. The ref just made it up.

dclane

It was a foul and proper decision to disallow it.
It was never a peno either.

JPGJOHNNYG

If Duffy didn't fully commit it probably would have been a goal anyway as the Austrian defender was way behind the goal line. Should have started as we finished but its the same every time. Relief to get a point but will be looked back on as 2 dropped points.

laoislad

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on June 11, 2017, 07:14:01 PM
If Duffy didn't fully commit it probably would have been a goal anyway as the Austrian defender was way behind the goal line. Should have started as we finished but its the same every time. Relief to get a point but will be looked back on as 2 dropped points.
Could also turn out to be a very important point.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: laoislad on June 11, 2017, 07:18:18 PM
Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on June 11, 2017, 07:14:01 PM
Could also turn out to be a very important point.

Fingers crossed

ashman

Quote from: Capt Pat on June 11, 2017, 06:51:10 PM
We were robbed. Duffys goal was fine, no reason not to give it for the ref.
To be fair Walters could have been pulled for the goal .  We didn't deserve to win :

JPGJOHNNYG

Not too Sure what I want from this welsh game a draw would make sense however wales win and we are still top. Serbia win and wales are out of it.

omagh_gael

Looking at the otter groups and the second place team in our section stands a good chance of missing out on play off spot as worst placed second team. At the minute our total of 12 (If Serbia win or draw) would put us joint bottom.

laoislad

Capt Pat

I think I would like a Wales win. It would put Serbia behind us by a point going into the clash with us in Landsdowne in September. It is all about winning the group as someone else said, the second place team in this group might well miss out because it is a competitive group.

laoislad

omagh_gael

Quote from: omagh_gael on June 11, 2017, 08:49:11 PM
Looking at the otter groups and the second place team in our section stands a good chance of missing out on play off spot as worst placed second team. At the minute our total of 12 (If Serbia win or draw) would put us joint bottom.

Checked again there and my memory is failing me, two other groups 2nd place are lower and we're level with another group.

An Watcher

Teams that are tied are decided on goal difference but is there something about the results against the bottom team are omitted?