FAI...Spring friendlies for Interim Manager - Belgium/Swiss

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christmas Lights

Against Slovakia - Ireland looked the away team

It looks like its going to be the same here, Armenia owning the ball with some nice triangle passing.  Why do Ireland look so technically bad to other teams? 

Ireland - conceding majority possession in every game they play

Galwaybhoy

Celt_Man

Surely the whole lack of euthaism over the Ireland soccer team could be partly explained by the flipping dire stuff they play
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

sans pessimism

Quote from: Celt_Man on October 11, 2011, 07:05:54 PM
Surely the whole lack of euthaism over the Ireland soccer team could be partly explained by the flipping dire stuff they play
agreed
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

AFS

Quote from: Christmas Lights on October 11, 2011, 06:50:37 PM
  I dont understand with the way Ireland play that Rory Delap doesnt get game time  ??? Is he even in the squad?

What is it exactly about the way Ireland play that makes you think Delap would be an appropriate selection?

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

FermGael

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

BennyHarp

About time a controversial hand ball decision went our way - two years too late though!
That was never a square ball!!

gerrykeegan

Keeper didnt, watched , slowed it down off his chest
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: gerrykeegan on October 11, 2011, 07:17:06 PM
Keeper didnt, watched , slowed it down off his chest

It hit underneath his arm I thought.  I feel sorry for the keeper but the ref got this one right.

Capt Pat

Foul the keeper, high foot and hand ball in the space of 5 minutes by Simon Cox equals the opposition goal keeper getting sent off. Life works like that sometimes.

Family guy

Mcgeady is shocking bad,giving the ball away every time,get it out the other side to duff

Galwaybhoy

I don't understand why McGeady continuously starts for Ireland.  Hunt always looks more dangerous when he is on and I'd much rather see him getting a chance.

ross4life

Who would take a penalty if we got one tonight?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Ball Hopper