The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: tonto1888 on August 12, 2019, 12:46:48 PM
Quote from: Angelo on August 12, 2019, 12:45:15 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on August 12, 2019, 12:26:08 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on August 12, 2019, 06:26:28 AM
Not a feckin mention of the ref in Ty v Ky. More interested in Filling 5mins about Mickey Hartes future plans. Cavanagh gives them a soundbite that they can run with too  ::). At least O'Rourke had the decency to say nothin

I generally don't rewatch games we lose or the highlights of them. Did the Sunday game highlight anything to do with the ref when mayo beat Armagh?

Just the time keeping I think.

Maybe it's a general policy not to be overly critical of refs

I'd say it hinges out who was sinned against to make it an issue.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Minder

Aidan O'Mahony on the juice last night
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

yellowcard

This is where the self imposed media ban by Mickey Harte goes against Tyrone. RTE media were never likely to highlight the poor refereeing decisions when Harte will not allow the county to engage with the national broadcaster. I was curious as to whether the panellists would mention the referee which was one of the main talking points from yesterdays game together with the excessive amount of pulling and dragging off the ball.

I didn't watch the programme last night was any of this mentioned?

WhoDat

Quote from: Minder on August 12, 2019, 01:25:52 PM
Aidan O'Mahony on the juice last night

he's never not at it

BennyCake

What's with all these slow motion montages? Annoying as frig

BennyCake

Jesus Christ, will they take that Brolly w**ker off this.

square_ball

Quote from: BennyCake on September 01, 2019, 04:24:10 PM
Jesus Christ, will they take that Brolly w**ker off this.

The irony of Brolly losing the plot over someone interrupting him.

Carbery

How does Brolly add to a serious discussion about a game without prefixing it with the comment
"I was talking to someone and you know what they said to me?"

thewobbler

Okay let's step aside on Brolly for a while. He has a cult following of people who tune in just to get angry at what he says. So RTE would be mad to ship him out.

But can anyone please tell me how it is that Ciaran Whelan has an AI match day seat in the RTE panel. He provides zero insight. He is a weak orator. He is unable to grasp or explain tactical battles.

He is always awful and yesterday was somehow a rung down again. RTE would have been as well dragging the first man out of Meaghers wearing a Dublin kit with six pints swilling around inside him.

Esmarelda

Quote from: thewobbler on September 02, 2019, 10:03:43 AM
Okay let's step aside on Brolly for a while. He has a cult following of people who tune in just to get angry at what he says. So RTE would be mad to ship him out.

But can anyone please tell me how it is that Ciaran Whelan has an AI match day seat in the RTE panel. He provides zero insight. He is a weak orator. He is unable to grasp or explain tactical battles.

He is always awful and yesterday was somehow a rung down again. RTE would have been as well dragging the first man out of Meaghers wearing a Dublin kit with six pints swilling around inside him.
I would take it much further than that.

Yesterday, Joanne Cantwell pushed Whelan to clarify if he thought that Cooper wasn't holding Clifford's arm. Whelan said it was just two lads going for the ball. How can this be allowed happen? They're criticising a referee's decision, which he had one look at, and with the aid of several replies he's basically saying black is white.

MayoBuck

Quote from: Esmarelda on September 02, 2019, 01:02:08 PM

I would take it much further than that.

Yesterday, Joanne Cantwell pushed Whelan to clarify if he thought that Cooper wasn't holding Clifford's arm. Whelan said it was just two lads going for the ball. How can this be allowed happen? They're criticising a referee's decision, which he had one look at, and with the aid of several replies he's basically saying black is white.

Whelan actually said after watching the replay, I don't agree that Cooper grabbed his arm. If he's coming out with that rubbish, he shouldn't be on when Dublin are playing.

Brolly is getting worse by the week. Surely RTE have to get rid of him this year.

Main Street

I don't have a problem with Ciaran Whelan per se,  just  he should not under any circumstances be in the chair when Dublin are playing in such a game, stubborn bias got in the way of  his analysis to an irritating extent.

seafoid

Quote from: Main Street on September 03, 2019, 11:55:02 PM

I don't have a problem with Ciaran Whelan per se,  just  he should not under any circumstances be in the chair when Dublin are playing in such a game, stubborn bias got in the way of  his analysis to an irritating extent.
Shefflin was the same in the hurling when KK had the fella sent off.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Esmarelda

Quote from: Main Street on September 03, 2019, 11:55:02 PM

I didn't either until last Sunday.

As for stubborn bias, he's paid to do a job. If you met a Dub in the pub and watched the replay of the incident, regardless of anything else you'd expect 95% to accept that Cooper pulled Clifford's arm as it's clear as day.

For a pundit on our national station on the biggest GAA day of the year to come out with, what can only be described as lies shouldn't put down to stubborn bias.

Captain Obvious

Okay let's step aside on Brolly for a while. He has a cult following of people who tune in just to get aroused at what he says.
Fixed that for you.