Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celt_Man

GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Fíor Gael

Lads where is Philip Jordan this year? He's on my fantasy football team and hasnt made an appearance yet!!! What's the story?

tyroneman

Are Harry og and C Grugan on the u21 panel this year?

up tyrone

Quote from: Fíor Gael on March 03, 2011, 09:51:36 AM
Lads where is Philip Jordan this year? He's on my fantasy football team and hasnt made an appearance yet!!! What's the story?
Will be back for the last 2 nfl games recovering from serious hip trouble.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: tyroneman on March 10, 2011, 06:49:31 AM
Are Harry og and C Grugan on the u21 panel this year?

They definately weren't on the initial panel, havent heard if they were called up since. On paper should have a strong forward line. Could be something like this:
Gervin
Harte
Coney
McNeice
Donnelly
O'Neill
I would guess though that Harte may be used at centre half back. Also not sure if Gervin has recoverd from injury.

tyrone86

Gervin the elder is definitely out for next Wednesday, but by all accounts John McCullagh is absolutely flying and, apart from O'Neill, will probably be the only of last years Minors to be in contention for a start. Harry og and a few others are unavailable as St Pat's are still in the MacRory.

ziggysego

History has been made in Tyrone gaelic games with the confirmation of a major sponsorship deal between Target Express and the Tyrone Ladies GFA, leaving Target now as the sponsors of all ladies inter county teams, the men's adult and underage teams, as well as  the hurlers and handballers of the county, making their link up with the ladies a virtual closed circle of support for Tyrone gaelic games, unprecedented in gaelic games circles.

The sponsorship agreement that also involves kit supplier O'Neill's International will see all Tyrone Ladies teams from U14 to Senior wearing a new style jersey emblazoned with the Target Express livery.  Speaking at the launch at the superb Beragh Red Knights complex on Friday county Ladies Chairman Martin Conway expressed his delight at the deal and explained the reasons behind the design, "The new jersey retains the "classic" Tyrone GAA design as used by the current Men's teams and incorporates both the Tyrone Ladies GFA and the new Ladies Gaelic Football Association logos.  It was felt that keeping the design the same as the Men's teams would help encourage the view of Tyrone as being one GAA family as we strive for increased integration of our games.. As well, both the Ladies County Board and the McBrien family owners of Target Express are conscious of the financial pressures that families are under and this will minimise the need for totally different shirts and leisure wear when supporting all the County teams".

Tyrone's ladies county board worked closely with Ciaran McLaughlin, the Tyrone county Chair, to seal the deal with the McBrien family while Kieran Kennedy of O'Neill's international sportswear  was a massive help in getting the design just right. Ladies Chair Mr Conway heaped praise on those involved,  "The support and assistance of Ciaran McLaughlin has been tremendous while  Kieran Kennedy's commitment to the GAA in Tyrone can't be over emphasised, we can really have "one identity"  in our gaelic games family in Tyrone now. Targets support is superb and eases the financial strain of fielding our county sides in leagues and championships in the coming years"
Target Express director Paul McBrien was delighted to be involved now with almost all aspects of gaelic games in Tyrone, " We made a commitment last year to Tyrone and I am delighted that in the past six months we have added the handballers and now the ladies GFA in the county, the GAA family in the O'Neill county is strong and I hope our contribution can help Tyrone ,at all levels achieve the highest honours available, the senior ladies went close last year, we hope that all Ireland "Target" can be achieved this year"

The kit supplied by O'Neills, who is of course a major employer in the Strabane area, is produced locally by local people, Kieran Kennedy also happy to be involved, " We are delighted to play our part in this relationship with the Tyrone Ladies GFA, we are a local company with strong community links and that includes men, women, boys and girls, its natural for us to be involved with all aspects of gaelic games in the county"

http://www.tyronegaa.ie/2011/03/ladies-seal-new-deal/
Testing Accessibility

Fuzzman

This thread has been quiet for a long time.

With all the chat of poor attendances at most of the games so far, are many expected in Omagh for Sunday week?
Is it all ticket?

Has Tommy Freeman gone to the States or not?

Interesting to hear that Dooher is leading the way again in the fitness bleep tests.
He might not be as influential as he used to be but he certainly sets the bar for a lot of the squad

EC Unique

He was winning the beeb tests this time last year but was one of the main reasons we lost ahainst Dublin in the quarters. His time has gone I doubt. :-\

orangeman

Quote from: EC Unique on May 26, 2011, 01:03:10 PM
He was winning the beeb tests this time last year but was one of the main reasons we lost ahainst Dublin in the quarters. His time has gone I doubt. :-\

How many of the 17 wides did he shoot ?

That's the principle reason why Tyrone lost last year. The shooting boots were left behind.

Fuzzman

And that bit of luck you need was missing all day

Penrose has two great goal chances and scores none.
His one of the post goes wide

They hit the post for a point. Ball comes down and lands in O'Gara's hands and he can't miss from 6 yards.

orangeman

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 26, 2011, 01:27:48 PM
And that bit of luck you need was missing all day

Penrose has two great goal chances and scores none.
His one of the post goes wide

They hit the post for a point. Ball comes down and lands in O'Gara's hands and he can't miss from 6 yards.
[/b]

That was part of it as well - when it rains, it pours -  usually he can miss from 6 yards but not on that occasion.  :(

EC Unique

Quote from: orangeman on May 26, 2011, 01:08:11 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on May 26, 2011, 01:03:10 PM

How many of the 17 wides did he shoot ?

That's the principle reason why Tyrone lost last year. The shooting boots were left behind.

Don't know how many he shot but his usual link play and running game was absent that day. I don't know how Mickey watched him for so long. On another day some of the wides would have went over but Dooher would still have looked poor. He was a great servent but his time has gone.

Cde

Dont agree with that EC. Maybe his time to play the whole match may be passed but I believe he would still be very effective if he was introduced for the last 15 min of a game.

EC Unique

Quote from: Cde on May 26, 2011, 05:25:49 PM
Dont agree with that EC. Maybe his time to play the whole match may be passed but I believe he would still be very effective if he was introduced for the last 15 min of a game.

Yes fair point. He is still a good enough squad member with a possible roll as an impact sub but def shoud not start games IMO.