Kevin McStay

Started by Dinny Breen, July 21, 2018, 08:56:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dublin7

Quote from: Hound on July 21, 2018, 09:11:16 PM
He'll resign before the Dubs game.  Cameras caught him solid. Be interesting to see if RTE analysts go after him hard.

It's hard to know. RTE/Spilane hung Connolly out to dry.  Andy Moran didn't even get a mention when he did it so it's hard to tell

weareros

Quote from: dublin7 on July 22, 2018, 01:31:34 AM
He'll resign before the Dubs game.  Cameras caught him solid. Be interesting to see if RTE analysts go after him hard.

It's hard to know. RTE/Spilane hung Connolly out to dry.  Andy Moran didn't even get a mention when he did it so it's hard to tell

Well Sky had the rights to this game and they have been all over it. Just saw the clip which they tweeted and McStay's throw pass was every bit as good as some of Michael Murphy's and just as accurate, beautifully looped, hitting the linesman square on the head. He could still do a job in many forward lines, but might need Brannigan to let that type of play go. James Horan appeared chuffed to call out McStay's illegal pass and had a big grin on his face. No love lost I assume. Speaking of Twiitter, Aodhán Ó Ríordáin, already incensed McStay has not been banned. Some lads never learn with the auld premature Twitteration.

rrhf

I'd say he knows his goose is cooked. Sometimes he just looks like a Mayo man managing Roscommon.

Jinxy

Gay Sheerin must be loving this.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

yellowcard

Charlie Redmond in today's paper:

'Remember last year how they (Sunday Game analysts) hung, drew and quartered Diarmuid Connolly after the gentlest of brushes against a linesman during  Dublin's first round victory over Carlow.

I will be very interested, therefore, to hear how they review their former colleague Kevin McStays behaviour this evening.'

Over to you Pat Spillane now, either that or he is a massive hypocrite.

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: yellowcard on July 22, 2018, 01:12:11 PM

'Remember last year how they (Sunday Game analysts) hung, drew and quartered Diarmuid Connolly after the gentlest of rushes against a linesman during  Dublin's first round victory over Carlow.

I will be very interested, therefore, to hear how they review their former colleague Kevin McStays behaviour this evening.'

Is Charlie even sure St. Diarmuid pushed him at all?

Throw the book at McStay, a year ban
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

yellowcard

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on July 22, 2018, 01:13:49 PM

'Remember last year how they (Sunday Game analysts) hung, drew and quartered Diarmuid Connolly after the gentlest of rushes against a linesman during  Dublin's first round victory over Carlow.

Is Charlie even sure St. Diarmuid pushed him at all?

Throw the book at McStay, a year ban

I never believed in the 'throw the book' approach aimed at Connolly last year and I think that what McStay done was not much different but I'm merely pointing out the fact that if Spillane doesn't condemn and hang McStay then he is a massive hypocrite.

Itchy

As bad as some officials are they must be protected otherwise you will have no referees at club level. He should get the maximum ban possible within the rules.  McStay always struck me as an arrogant bollox so it will be pleasing to see him put back in his box.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: weareros on July 22, 2018, 03:13:17 AM
Quote from: dublin7 on July 22, 2018, 01:31:34 AM

Well Sky had the rights to this game and they have been all over it. Just saw the clip which they tweeted and McStay's throw pass was every bit as good as some of Michael Murphy's and just as accurate, beautifully looped, hitting the linesman square on the head. He could still do a job in many forward lines, but might need Brannigan to let that type of play go. James Horan appeared chuffed to call out McStay's illegal pass and had a big grin on his face. No love lost I assume. Speaking of Twiitter, Aodhán Ó Ríordáin, already incensed McStay has not been banned. Some lads never learn with the auld premature Twitteration.
Good to  see someone else spotting Murphy throwing the ball around

Dinny Breen

12 weeks for Kevin. Lucky man.
#newbridgeornowhere

Shamrock Shore

Is this 12 weeks from 'now' or will it go into FBD League/National Leage 2019.

Not much feckin addition if he's not doing anything for (or to, depending on your viewpoint) Roscommon after Sun week.

Syferus

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 24, 2018, 03:14:14 PM
12 weeks for Kevin. Lucky man.

As in the rule was applied correctly? Storm in a teapot as I said from square one.

This suspension expires in October, Shamrock.

BennyCake

You know, there's a way to stop this sort of thing. Put all management team into the stand. Only the doctors/physios allowed.

mup

'Remember last year how they (Sunday Game analysts) hung, drew and quartered Diarmuid Connolly after the gentlest of brushes against a linesman during  Dublin's first round victory over Carlow.

Ah oul honest Charlie himself. The same Charlie who forgot to leave the field after being sent off.

A proper Charlie.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: mup on July 24, 2018, 03:45:39 PM

Ah oul honest Charlie himself. The same Charlie who forgot to leave the field after being sent off.

A proper Charlie.
A case of the pot calling the kettle black arse if there ever was one! ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi