Div 2 Final: Meath Vs Roscommon

Started by thejuice, April 21, 2007, 09:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louth Exile

Roscommon must have improved since last year. Was at their game against Meath in Navan and they were one of the worst county teams I had seen in a long time. all they did was aimlessly run with the  ball. Maughan will have done some turn around with them if they can come back and beat Meath in the final.
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

whassupp2

Maughan was just suggesting clones as a venue. The GAC meet monday or tuesday to decide venue
take the opportunity of a lifetime in the lifetime of the opportunity

armaghniac

The vast majority of Meath and Roscommon people would pass through Cavan to get to Clones.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Hardy

That's not really a problem anymore. Vast tracts of Cavan have been pacified and there is a secure corridor (N3, but known locally as "the big road") that's safe enough to use in daylight hours. It's often booby-trapped with unlit tractors after dark, though. Batteries be's fierce dear, d'y'know.

Ryano

Quote from: Hardy on April 23, 2007, 08:41:24 AM
That's not really a problem anymore. Vast tracts of Cavan have been pacified and there is a secure corridor (N3, but known locally as "the big road") that's safe enough to use in daylight hours. It's often booby-trapped with unlit tractors after dark, though. Batteries be's fierce dear, d'y'know.

;D

Aye Cavan would probably suit best. Have a few mates in Cavan town so i could make a weekend out of it. I have heard Mullingar and Longford being mention too though.

Heard some Meath lads laughing when Geraghty came on. They reckoned the Monaghan game was not a big enough event for him to play and were calling him the Taoiseach! Looking forward to it, a chance to avenge that mauling we got in Navan last year.

his holiness nb

Well done Meath and Roscommon, I did a treble in Paddy powers for the weekend games, Monaghan, Cavan and Mayo  :'(
Ask me holy bollix

Jinxy

Is Seamus O'Neill definitely out? Him and the other lad are possibly the biggest midfield pairing I've ever seen. Ward and Crawford are hardly oompa-loompas either mind you. Both forward lines looked lively on saturday so the midfield battle will be hugely important.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Ryano

Quote from: Jinxy on April 23, 2007, 10:07:32 AM
Is Seamus O'Neill definitely out? Him and the other lad are possibly the biggest midfield pairing I've ever seen. Ward and Crawford are hardly oompa-loompas either mind you. Both forward lines looked lively on saturday so the midfield battle will be hugely important.

Ya he supposed to be out for 6-8 weeks with ankle ligament damage. He looked to be in serious pain when he went down. Huge loss as he does a lot of the donkey work for us around the middle.

Ryano

It's in Breffni Cavan next Sunday @3.30 with the Division 3 final on before @2pm.

his holiness nb

Ask me holy bollix

jaykay

Div 3 Hurling, Roscommon V Sligo.  Get there early

BallyhaiseMan

Great  ::) ,I wonder how much it will cost to disinfect the place Next Monday after those Meath bogmen and women leave their stench there.  ;)

thejuice

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on April 23, 2007, 05:06:01 PM
Great  ::) ,I wonder how much it will cost to disinfect the place Next Monday after those Meath bogmen and women leave their stench there.  ;)

A Cavan man worrying about the cost of something?? Theres a joke in there somewhere I just cant think of one.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

his holiness nb

Ask me holy bollix

Louth Exile

Brefni is doing well out of the Div 2 finals - three in the last two years
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com