Leinster championship 2014

Started by Jinxy, September 23, 2013, 05:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Can't wait!
It should see purveyors of sexy football like ourselves and the Dubs to the fore while nordie-ball merchants like Laois and Kildare are left behind.
An adventurous side like Louth or Wexford could sneak in and claim the no.3 spot for themselves.
All we're short of is a midfielder and a centre forward so the league should be interesting.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Orchardman

You are having a laugh.

Leinster championship? Dubs have the next year's won already

Shamrock Shore

With our new manager ( a few interesting names in the melting pot but I am not allowed to post then here)  and a new found belief in ourselves 2014 will be our year.

I expect a run all the way to the first round at least.

squire_in_navy_slacks

If Cluxton retires.......................which I reckon he will..................... open season

AZOffaly

I'm thinking Offaly will be dark horses. A triumphant march through Division 3, followed by a blitzkrieg on Leinster, Ireland and the World. All we're missing is 6 backs, 2 midfielders and 5 forwards. Mulhall and Niall McNamee are grand.

Jinxy

I hear the Kildare lads are already training for the O'Byrne Cup.
They've invited members of the county board down to the K Club to watch them do star jumps and burpees.

Syferus

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Jinxy on September 23, 2013, 05:30:40 PM
They've invited members of the county board down to the K Club to watch them do star jumps and burpees.

I know we need to get Usain Bolt in for the training, did you not hear you need sprinters now to win football matches.
#newbridgeornowhere

ross4life

Depends how the Dubs react after winning the AI if they bring their 2012 form into 2014 Leinster championship then the likes of Meath or Kildare have a great chance of winning it.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

squire_in_navy_slacks

I hear emmet bolton wants to join the mayo panel............................... ::)

Syferus

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on September 23, 2013, 08:25:38 PM

I hear emmet bolton wants to join the mayo panel............................... ::)

Squire, seeing as all that colluding we done with ye to turf out the Rhus worked so well, when can we expect the comprehensive list of Ros-eligible Dub players? 8)

Jinxy

Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 23, 2013, 06:06:40 PM

I know we need to get Usain Bolt in for the training, did you not hear you need sprinters now to win football matches.

Dermot Weld should take over as fitness coach.

thejuice

Sure half that Dublin team will be playing Australian Basketrugbyball for the Sydney Swans or the Geelong Flamin' Galloots this time next year.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Ohtoohtobe

Once Kevin McStay takes over we'll be back in the hot zone for the first time since the 1920s.

Jinxy

Big Joe told he isn't part of Mickos plans for next year.
Thanks for your efforts and all the happy memories down through the years Joe.