Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 04, 2018, 09:24:59 AM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on September 03, 2018, 01:16:31 PM
Have to agree about McShane. Thought he had a decent game.  Picked up a lot of ball and was direct when on the ball. The few times he coughed up possession was i thought more to do with no support.  His attempt with the outside of the boot ,when it was easier with the inside of his right boot, was a big moment as Dublin went down field scored and from morgans kick out everything went to shit!
Mc Shane certainly made mistakes and is prone to the odd rash decision and poor shot selection, but what i do like about him is he doesn't hide, he is always looking to get on the ball and in a game where he made plenty of mistakes he kept at it and kicked 2 points.
If i was reflecting on my own performance after the AI final, i would rather have had McShanes performance than that of Mattie or Sludden, who didn't impact the game at all and where well below their ability.

Spot on.  The like of Sludden and Mattie Donnelly go missing far too often, McShane is a young player who has had a brilliant season and will only get better.

Quote from: Thebigdog on September 04, 2018, 05:04:48 AM
Just after watching a recording of the final again. The sacred cow that is Peter Harte had an opportunity to play in Mark Bradley in the left corner but instead swings his right foot at it and the ball goes harmlessly up in the air. A moment that just sums up everything that is wrong at the moment with Tyrone. The most overrated player ever!!

Are you serious?  Harte wasted that opportunity as he was bottled up and should have recycled, however there were lots of pot shots hit in that period and it has happened a lot this season with McClures effort against Monaghan being the worst given the score and stage of the game.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Oghams Law

Quote from: omaghjoe on September 04, 2018, 07:30:14 AM
Quote from: The Golden Years on September 03, 2018, 04:34:36 PM
Did the Tyrone players really believe they could beat Dublin yesterday?  I honestly think they didn't.  When Dublin scored the penalty which was only to level the game you could see Tyrones head drop.  Surely if the had of had belief they would have seen it for what it should have been, a score to level the game' composed themselves and went at again for next 15 or so mins the way they want at for the first 20. Instead it appeared as they said 'f*@k this, we gave them everything for 20mins and we are still level, we are not going to beat them'.

Quite possibly but its a fine line. Something I have been concerned about this Tyrone team is leadership.... When something like that happens especially against Dublin who just start riding the crest of a wave after a goal we need to reply immediately... when we score a goal we need to add the next point immediately. Dooher used to be a great man for recognising that and would often provide that moment of leadership that would lift the rest of the team. Its critical

Some really innovative thinking going on here. Try and score points...  This man must have managerial experience

Hereiam

So who will go from the panel this year. I would say McCarron McCrory R.O'Neill

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: Hereiam on September 04, 2018, 11:42:23 AM

Rony McNabb maybe - seems to be having bad run with injuries and be hard to get back to the level required for modern game.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

NotedObserver

A bit of fresh blood is needed also, anyone on the Under 21s or who to look out for in the Club Championship?

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: NotedObserver on September 04, 2018, 12:10:26 PM
A bit of fresh blood is needed also, anyone on the Under 21s or who to look out for in the Club Championship?

Galbally few very good young players.  Full back Quinn and Full forward Kerr.  Shields from clogher who was u20 captain might see action in McKenna cup especially if clogher do the double in Div 3
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

sensethetone

Having DD Mulgrew back from injury would be a help.

Christmas Lights

Why would Ronan O'Neill go?  What age is he?

tyrone08

Quote from: Christmas Lights on September 04, 2018, 12:44:13 PM

Why would Ronan O'Neill go?  What age is he?

Ronan is still young but he has to be asking himself what is the point of staying around. I would doubt if he has clocked up more than 4 hours game time in a Tyrone jersey this year. McNulty may be another one, I dont think he has came on since he got sent off against Mayo.

Why would anyone stay on year after year of training and sacrifice to only get a few guest appearances all year.

southtyronegael

Thought Mc Shane was Tyrone's second best player on Sunday behind hampsey. With the right coaching to cut out the erratic shots, he could be a major player for Tyrone in the coming years.

GaelTheGael

The U20 team this year, although getting beat by Armagh, featured a number of strong physical attacking players who could maybe get call up with decent championship showings for their clubs.
Teirnan Drayne (Donaghmore) Mattie McGleenan (Eglish) Paul Donaghy (Edendork) Ryan Gray (Trillick).
Brian Kennedy from Derrylaughan could also be a useful addition around Midfield were there is a lack of depth.

BennyHarp

Quote from: GaelTheGael on September 04, 2018, 01:05:22 PM
The U20 team this year, although getting beat by Armagh, featured a number of strong physical attacking players who could maybe get call up with decent championship showings for their clubs.
Teirnan Drayne (Donaghmore) Mattie McGleenan (Eglish) Paul Donaghy (Edendork) Ryan Gray (Trillick).
Brian Kennedy from Derrylaughan could also be a useful addition around Midfield were there is a lack of depth.

Is this kid not just U16? Would Daragh Canavan be ready for a call up? When you see the likes of Eoin Murchant and Brian Howard performing at the level they do at 19 we should be getting lads involved as early as possible. Mattie McGleenan is pushing it a bit though.  ;)
That was never a square ball!!

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: BennyHarp on September 04, 2018, 01:17:52 PM

Is this kid not just U16? Would Daragh Canavan be ready for a call up? When you see the likes of Eoin Murchant and Brian Howard performing at the level they do at 19 we should be getting lads involved as early as possible. Mattie McGleenan is pushing it a bit though.  ;)

Is McGleenan not playing for Eglish seniors so must be around the 18 mark at least.

I was really impressed with Ciaran McLaughlin of Omagh any time I seen him.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

square_ball

Is there not two McGleenan lads one on the u17s and one on the u20s?

GaelTheGael

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on September 04, 2018, 01:31:28 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on September 04, 2018, 01:17:52 PM

Is McGleenan not playing for Eglish seniors so must be around the 18 mark at least.

I was really impressed with Ciaran McLaughlin of Omagh any time I seen him.
I was referring to the U20 full forward. Starts for Eglish seniors as well. Think that was his last year of U20 football.