Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Quote from: Thebigdog on August 20, 2018, 10:52:27 AM
Quote from: trileacman on August 20, 2018, 04:23:02 AM
Quote from: Thebigdog on August 19, 2018, 10:30:39 PM
A little bit of reality needed. Tyrone have beaten Monaghan again in Croke park just like 2013 and 2015 only this time in a Semi final. We all know what happened after. The personnel hasn't changed much especially in attack. That's where the problems mainly lay. It's gonna be a tough ask in two weeks.

I agree with you there. Hartes done a great job considering the players at his disposal.
Why do you think their are problems in attack? Mickey s poor tactics. The RTE boycott has been going on now since 2011 for no apparent reason other than Mickey didn't like getting ridiculed because his bestie didn't get a big job on the TV station. Looks like Harte comes first in Tyrone and f**k the players and their moment in the sun.

Are people just ignorant or do they purposely misrepresent the reasons why Harte has a problem with RTE?
That was never a square ball!!

tyrone08

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 20, 2018, 10:56:18 AM
A little bit of reality needed. Tyrone have beaten Monaghan again in Croke park just like 2013 and 2015 only this time in a Semi final. We all know what happened after. The personnel hasn't changed much especially in attack. That's where the problems mainly lay. It's gonna be a tough ask in two weeks.

I agree with you there. Hartes done a great job considering the players at his disposal.
Why do you think their are problems in attack? Mickey s poor tactics. The RTE boycott has been going on now since 2011 for no apparent reason other than Mickey didn't like getting ridiculed because his bestie didn't get a big job on the TV station. Looks like Harte comes first in Tyrone and f**k the players and their moment in the sun.

Are people just ignorant or do they purposely misrepresent the reasons why Harte has a problem with RTE?

Could be both. I have been critical of Mickey over the last 6-7 years but I fully agree with him not speaking with RTE. If someone disrespected a deceased relative of mine, not speaking to them would be the nicest thing I would do.

trueblue1234

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 20, 2018, 10:56:18 AM

Because if your pushing an agenda the real reason doesn't make MH look unreasonable. It's pretty poor taste that a poster would purposely peddle the above misinformation. The poster would want to go and have a talk with himself about what's fair game and what's not. 
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

APM

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/mickey-harte-brian-carthy-and-that-fourpage-letter-to-rte-26741449.html
https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/gaa/tyrone-manager-harte-taking-carthy-fight-to-rte-28625242.html

This is where all this started and it has to have been the silliest grounds for protest that I've ever heard.  Who the hell did he think he was and what on earth compelled the other managers to get involved in something so daft (those of whom consented to having their name added to the list)? I didn't realise it, but he actually went onto the radio to talk about this.  Weird stuff! 

As an aside, Brian Carthy has to be one of the most annoying commentators on the radio.  Him of the double narration!
And Cork have a sideline ball, a sideline ball to Cork.

John Murray then took the piss about Harte's perceived interference in what was a personnel matter at RTE and Harte took offence at the insensitivity of it - see below. According to this, those in RTE that had caused offence apologised and the piece was removed from the RTE archive and social media. 

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/rt%C3%A9-accused-of-insulting-michaela-harte-s-memory-1.590684

You would think after this, everyone could say, that entire issue was embarassing from start to finish, lets forget it ever happened - lesson learned - move on. 

The irony of this is that Brian Carthy is working away with RTE (annoying us with his really whiny commentary) and Tyrone haven't engaged with them in 7 years. 

Mad stuff. 

trueblue1234

Quote from: APM on August 20, 2018, 11:36:54 AM
https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/mickey-harte-brian-carthy-and-that-fourpage-letter-to-rte-26741449.html
https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/gaa/tyrone-manager-harte-taking-carthy-fight-to-rte-28625242.html

This is where all this started and it has to have been the silliest grounds for protest that I've ever heard.  Who the hell did he think he was and what on earth compelled the other managers to get involved in something so daft (those of whom consented to having their name added to the list)? I didn't realise it, but he actually went onto the radio to talk about this.  Weird stuff! 

As an aside, Brian Carthy has to be one of the most annoying commentators on the radio.  Him of the double narration!
And Cork have a sideline ball, a sideline ball to Cork.

John Murray then took the piss about Harte's perceived interference in what was a personnel matter at RTE and Harte took offence at the insensitivity of it - see below. According to this, those in RTE that had caused offence apologised and the piece was removed from the RTE archive and social media. 

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/rt%C3%A9-accused-of-insulting-michaela-harte-s-memory-1.590684

You would think after this, everyone could say, that entire issue was embarassing from start to finish, lets forget it ever happened - lesson learned - move on. 

The irony of this is that Brian Carthy is working away with RTE (annoying us with his really whiny commentary) and Tyrone haven't engaged with them in 7 years. 

Mad stuff. 

It started with the letter about Carthy which I agree was weird and stupid. But that's not the reasons behind the current blackout. MH hand Tyrone have been clear about that.

Due to the portrayal of the said letter, at least one other broadcaster within the organisation acted in a most insensitive manner in the choice of their programme dialogue in a morning radio show soon after. Inappropriate references to the fact that the Tyrone manager Mickey Harte was associated with the Dali Lama conference in Limerick and the choice of the song "Pretty Little Girl from Omagh" will give you an indication of the complete lack of sensitivity the presenter in question afforded the Harte family and Michaela's husband John McAreavey, in what remains for them a very difficult time.

So I fully support MH's decision to deal with RTE as he see's fit.

southtyronegael

typical of hartes cronies to conveniently forget the original reason for the RTE boycott. ive no time for RTE but at least they have offered an apology unlike mickey. will be a strange final in that tyrone will be the underdog and yet most neutrals will want to see them beat.

trueblue1234

Quote from: southtyronegael on August 20, 2018, 11:56:49 AM
typical of hartes cronies to conveniently forget the original reason for the RTE boycott. ive no time for RTE but at least they have offered an apology unlike mickey. will be a strange final in that tyrone will be the underdog and yet most neutrals will want to see them beat.

Why would Mickey apologise?

Again your trying to portray the boycott is due to Carthy. That clearly isn't the case. Catch yourself on a little would you.

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 20, 2018, 11:20:51 AM
The poster would want to go and have a talk with himself about what's fair game and what's not. 

When I said the above I didn't mean you and Bigtogs logging in at the same time.

southtyronegael

mickey should have apologized to RTE for sticking his nose in and trying to influence who a public company hires and fires. RTE's responce was a disgrace. both harte and RTE were in the wrong but one has apologized and tried to sort the matter out. i think the harte family should feel free to refuse any contact or interviews with RTE but i think the players etc should be free to do so if they want.

trueblue1234

Quote from: southtyronegael on August 20, 2018, 12:12:51 PM
mickey should have apologized to RTE for sticking his nose in and trying to influence who a public company hires and fires. RTE's responce was a disgrace. both harte and RTE were in the wrong but one has apologized and tried to sort the matter out. i think the harte family should feel free to refuse any contact or interviews with RTE but i think the players etc should be free to do so if they want.

They are, so we're all happy then?

Under Lights

It's been good for motivation for us though, like Fergie and the BBC that time, used it as a siege mentality kind of thing.

sensethetone

Was there not also other Managers of the time who also took Carthy's side and mentioned it to RTE.

Harte seems to be the only talked about there were others, if he was the only manager to voice an opinion it is cringe worthy, but it hardly made RTE's response valid.

lenny

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 20, 2018, 12:27:27 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on August 20, 2018, 12:12:51 PM

They are, so we're all happy then?

Of course the players are free to talk to rte. But they know if they do they will soon be ex tyrone players because harte has a reputation of being extremely vindictive. So are they really free to talk to rte?

southtyronegael

i think harte canvassed a bit of support at the time and got a few big names to sign the letter. joe kernan i think was one anyway.

southtyronegael

Quote from: Under Lights on August 20, 2018, 12:28:43 PM
It's been good for motivation for us though, like Fergie and the BBC that time, used it as a siege mentality kind of thing.
how has it been good for us? we havent exactly been rolling in the trophies since 2011. unless mc kenna cups are your thing.

southtyronegael

funny alot of ex tyrone players seem to be queing up to talk with rte. wonder why they dont do it when they are playing.....?