2018 National Football League Division 4

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, October 14, 2017, 11:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laoiseabu

Fair play on the last couple of posts Tony. I totally agree

Bamford1995

Carlow aren't taking the game Sunday too serious,  they've been on the piss since Sunday, a work colleague of mine is on the panel and they have their eyes set now on Louth in the championship in 8 weeks. They've achieved their goal in getting promoted, a league final is only a novelty

redsetanta

Today's only Tuesday, so they had a few beers Sunday and Monday to celebrate and most were either back in work or college today. The Limerick lads probably had a few beers aswell.
Carlow and their manager would love a title whether Div 4 or not so I don't buy this crack about only being worried about Louth. Carlow would love to beat Laois. 
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Tony

Exactly. It's rubbish to say they aren't interested in the League title or beating Laois. Carlow would love to get one over on Laois.

BallyroanAbu

Paddy Power
Have Carlow 11/4 Laois 1/3 get stuck into Carlow Tony
If you have €10 on you will lose €10
Absolute joke talking them up

As soon as anyone decent takes him Poacher will be on his bike that's how much he rates Carlow. It's great for Carlow but they have 30 years of direness to overcome.  Laois are 1/3 away from home.

Laoiseabu

That's absolute bull talk Ballyroan . As if the bookmakers knew the ins and outs of Laois and Carlow. What has happened in this league so far to suggest we are a better side than Carlow? You seem to really really not have anytime for Carlow footballers. Our glory days of 2003 and Micko are long gone so u may come back down to reality .

Unison

Even under Micko, we struggled to beat Carlow.

Tony

Newsflash for you Ballyroan - this is a forum to state your opinion about Gaelic Games. That's what i'm doing.

Also, I never said Carlow would win. I'm saying we can't take for granted that we'll beat a good, solid, fit, organised Carlow team. This isn't 15 or 20 years ago, this is today. Didn't you see them in the last year or two? Even the Dublin match? No? They're a useful side with plenty of size and good pace. I wonder which Laois games you watched in the last 5 years to give you such confidence that it's a foregone conclusion. Get a grip mate. We're showing a few positive signs this year but we can't take Carlow or Antrim for granted. Our backline has been exposed multiple times this year to much lesser opposition and we're missing a few of our top performers through injury. It's not a forgone conclusion at all. With your arrogance you'd think we were Kerry or Galway. Carlow have been the most impressive team in division 4 this year without a question. I think we can nick it but I'd be over the moon with a 1 point win.

OTF

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on March 20, 2018, 07:35:25 AM
Tony your back at it again, last year you talked up a manager until he was ran out of the place.  Carlow are poor and we have to be beating them all this talk of a renaissance in Carlow football from where ? 30 years in Div 4 football, good for them they are getting promoted but for us to be down there is farcical. The bookmakers have us heavy favs to win the division and while on occasion they are wrong over time this rarely happens.   I am sure certain people on here will try to talk Carlow up but let me question their objectivity some of them have heavy involvement with the management or players.  I will be honest promotion from Div 4 is a minimum, so please don't under talk our prospects that's the sort of crap that has here in the first place.  If someone had of been critical of the way things were going in the first place we may never have ended up here.  So far so good by Sugrue and I have faith he will do the job but it's the sort of job that is must rather than an option.

Bullocks notions.

Don Draper

BallyroanAbu

Quote from: Don Draper on March 20, 2018, 09:04:37 PM
Lads, its Carlow.

If it was Westmeath I might see their point.  It's Carlow, get real.  Talking them up and then we beat Carlow  and then we go about what a great victory it was would be truly bollocks.  This is what they will do next Monday and Tuesday.

Unison

Yes, its Carlow, but we are Laois!

FFS, we have not been capable of beating Antrim over the last couple of years.

BallyroanAbu

We shall see Sunday but we are far better this year than any of the previous 4 years when loads of fellas on here continually talked us up.  Sugrue will get us promoted because unlike some of the previous managers he has some modicum of a clue to what his doing.  He may lack experience and I am sure that will be found out against better teams but Div 4 is not that place.

Stop hedging your bets and get real lads.  Galway & Kerry won't be playing Carlow in the league, not arrogance being realistic.  Why underplay ourselves it's only another excuse.

Don Draper

Quote from: Unison on March 20, 2018, 10:11:19 PM
Yes, its Carlow, but we are Laois!

FFS, we have not been capable of beating Antrim over the last couple of years.
Having been at both those games, we got what we deserved as a result of poor player discipline and poor management. Both are improved immeasurably this year. One senior players behaviour that day against Antrim in Portlaoise was shameful. When we needed a leader, he dug a hole and crawled into it. He's still in there, but I'd be hoping he's only getting one chance now and will be ran if it comes to it.

Anyway, getting back to this weekend, I wont get carried away, but again, its Carlow. The day we fear Carlow, is the day we knife the footballs. Respect, but not fear. They may catch us on occasion (can GAAStats bring up the recent meetings please), but the day we f**king fear them will be a dark day. Put Mark Timmons in the middle of the huddle and let him lay down whats on the line.

And let them off.

Unlaoised

Wow This board has gone mad in recent days...

The bookies are never too far wrong and although I think it will be a test Sunday I believe we have what it takes to beat Carlow and thus set up the league final between the two.

I hear booth and quigley are close to being fit for selection?

I'd Love to get Timmons back!

I wonder will Lillis and Glynn be considered for a start since they made themselves unavailable to travel to London!

Ps.what a wonder support there was in London and I hope a few more of these people start coming to the home games again..

I seen a few faces I hadn't seen in donkeys years!!
LAOIS ABÚ