2018 National Football League Division 4

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, October 14, 2017, 11:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Carlow have just been promoted to Div.3, beating Antrim 1-12 to 0-12. They will be determined to beat us next Sunday to celebrate promotion in front of their supporters who couldn't make it today.
Congratulations to them, their first promotion in 33 years and first time out of Div.4.

That will be a big test for us and will tell us how much we have progressed this year. Win that and we will most likely meet them again in Croke Park in the Div.4 Final
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Bamford1995

If we can't beat Carlow we'll have to forget about playing, there an ordinary well organised team that's about it, there'll be some buzz Sunday afternoon however

town1980

Agreed lads it's feking Carlow and they have done the last two days partying,,,again Sunday s not something that I worry about,,there poor out

Laoiseabu

Lads quit with the shit talk bringing down Carlow. They are every bit as good as ourselves if not better with the spirit and organization they have. We have enough of problems without dragging down Carlow. They have been promoted for the first time in 33 years give them a break. Jesus

Catch and Kick

That was a turn up for the books; the two relegated Div 3 sides beaten to the first promotion spot by Carlow. Looks like curtains for Antrim now, Carlow will surely put out below strength team with an eye to the League Final. Nice to see them on the up.

jimbob2

Without Quigley , Timmons , Booth and Conway we will struggle to compete  with Carlow. We still have not found two wing half forwards good enough to progress as a modern winning team.

blueandwhite1

Quote from: town1980 on March 19, 2018, 07:50:58 PM
Agreed lads it's feking Carlow and they have done the last two days partying,,,again Sunday s not something that I worry about,,there poor out

They have beaten the same teams we have and more impressively. They have pace and some fine footballers. I don't know what Laois team you have been watching to believe we can look down on them.

Can't believe I am even responding to you. Swore I would never again read, let alone respond to your childish illegible gibberish.

Laoiseabu

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Well said blueandwhite1, Carlow have put in massive work over the past few years and any true GAA man will acknowledge that and congratulate them. They are now a very decent side and we will have to play better than we have played all year if we are to win this and ensure promotion ourselves.

Lose this and we can still be caught by Antrim if they win their game on Sunday. We haven't qualified yet and there's still a lot of work to be done..
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Laoiseabu

The big question is will Carlow be still up for this match the fact they are already promoted and have a league final to look foward too

Tony

Those that are overlooking Carlow don't know what they're talking about. They're basing their opinion on Carlow from years past. 2018 Carlow are a useful team, fit and fairly pacey and have good size. They have a very good midfield and and some star performers in Murphy, Broderick and Foley. They're fairly well drilled too and would love a home victory over us, one of their local neighbours. O' Brien is a solid manager and they're definitely a team improving. I'm not saying they're a top tier team yet or anything but to write them off against a transitioning Laois side at home in Dr Cullen Park is ridiculous. If we lose that game, it's a cup final against Antrim for a promotion spot. We're not promoted yet at all.

BallyroanAbu

Tony your back at it again, last year you talked up a manager until he was ran out of the place.  Carlow are poor and we have to be beating them all this talk of a renaissance in Carlow football from where ? 30 years in Div 4 football, good for them they are getting promoted but for us to be down there is farcical. The bookmakers have us heavy favs to win the division and while on occasion they are wrong over time this rarely happens.   I am sure certain people on here will try to talk Carlow up but let me question their objectivity some of them have heavy involvement with the management or players.  I will be honest promotion from Div 4 is a minimum, so please don't under talk our prospects that's the sort of crap that has here in the first place.  If someone had of been critical of the way things were going in the first place we may never have ended up here.  So far so good by Sugrue and I have faith he will do the job but it's the sort of job that is must rather than an option.

Unison

I am not be optimistic about he Carlow match at all. While we struggled to get past London, they beat Antrim on their home patch and gained promotion for themselves. Carlow will be full of confidence, have all the momentum behind them and will be itching to put on a show in front of their supporters. I have seen Laois in a similar positions in the past. However, we have fallen a long way in recent years, and I really think we will have our work cut out for us next Sunday.

Laoiseabu

There is some amount of tripe talk here the last couple of days about Carlow. Just cause u were in division 4 the last 30 years dosent mean you can't improve . People here are overrating ourselves and underrating Carlow. If anyone has been following the results so far they will see they have beaten all the teams we have beaten maybe even more comfortably . Drive and spirit goes a long way which Carlow have in abundance. It's this type of shite talk and taking our eye off the ball that is a recipe for getting caught out by weak teams. We are in division 4 , we have to cop and on realize we have to play our arses off if we want to beat Carlow

Tony

Ballyroan, I'm just stating my opinion. Carlow have impressed the most in this division, not us. To play them in Dr Cullen Park as the best and most organised and united Carlow team in years is no easy task. Bear in mind, while we are seeing green shoots, this is not by any means a vintage Laois team. I don't think our back 6 is anywhere near solid enough to guarantee a victory in Carlow.