Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Orchard park on April 17, 2018, 10:35:32 AM
All would obviously do family memberships so it could be capped at say 400 or 450

competitor team sports all charge more....

None of those clubs are putting it away in savings accounts so I presume they try to match membership fees to operational expenses

Yeah, family memberships in around the €400 mark.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Rossfan

€80 family, €60 adult, €40 child about the standard in these parts.
Might be more in the wealthy Southern climes.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Applesisapples

Enrole your kids in a swimming club and see how much you pay, back 15 years ago we were lying £250 for 2 kids.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Applesisapples on April 17, 2018, 02:42:12 PM
Enrole your kids in a swimming club and see how much you pay, back 15 years ago we were lying £250 for 2 kids.

Was going to say that, there are other sporting bodies out there that cost a lot.. Hockey, soccer and no doubt rugby all charge a lot... then you have to buy all the shit that goes with it..

During my juvenile days you got it all, free lift to and from club if needed, free sticks, food afters and a bottle of coke!, trips to Croke park to watch the finals and the summer scheme was free also. Our club had money then, not so much now
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

east down gael

Parish rule exists in Bredagh and Carryduff,no different to anywhere else in down. Rightfully so,otherwise one of the two would mop up all the underage talent,which considering the size of both clubs would be ridiculous.

Last Man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 17, 2018, 03:39:14 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on April 17, 2018, 02:42:12 PM

Was going to say that, there are other sporting bodies out there that cost a lot.. Hockey, soccer and no doubt rugby all charge a lot... then you have to buy all the shit that goes with it..

During my juvenile days you got it all, free lift to and from club if needed, free sticks, food afters and a bottle of coke!, trips to Croke park to watch the finals and the summer scheme was free also. Our club had money then, not so much now
I wouldn't listen to anyone complaining about GAA club membership when I hear what people pay for other clubs, as you say Milltown part of the problem is how much we got for nothing back in the day. Anyone who has served any time on a club committee will tell you the finances are a melt with most clubs living hand to mouth. The biggest issue for me is the uncertainty of fixtures in which we can't compete with soccer or rugby.

ck

Has Joe got it in for Donegal? His article today is pure nonsense. Sure what county team doesn't go to great lengths to hide their sessions and games yet Joe picks out Donegal.

maigheo

Brolly is a total clown  End of story

Avondhu star

Quote from: maigheo on April 30, 2018, 01:26:07 AM
Brolly is a total clown  End of story

Dear Sir,

How dare you insult me by comparing my profession to Joe Brolly.
Signed

Bozo c/o Fossetts Circus
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

ck

Be careful Bozo, you could be in Joes next "article"

longballin

The hate Joe mob on the rampage again

Taylor

Quote from: longballin on April 30, 2018, 03:36:37 PM

Yep - must be getting their fix again

ck

I'm actually a big fan of Joe. Enjoys his writing and find him very amusing, just find that from time to time he can stray into nonsense territory and this article was certainly that.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: ck on April 30, 2018, 04:27:36 PM

I'm actually a big fan of Joe. Enjoys his writing and find him very amusing, just find that from time to time he can stray into nonsense territory and this article was certainly that.
Most of the time in truth. It's all part of his created gimmick and so long as he grabs the attention thats all that matters.

trueblue1234

lol - Pot,  Kettle etc.......
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit