The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bingo

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on May 10, 2012, 05:05:15 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on May 10, 2012, 04:52:21 PM
Just wondering. 

Things seemed go tits up after the Suarez saga but was it also after Gerard became avaiable?  Seemed to be going well at the start of the season without Gerard. Is this being too simplistic?
i probably wouldh ave said things went tits up when they lost lucas

+1

Season in the league ended when Arsenal beat us 1-2 despite Liverpool missing chance after chance and Arsenal hitting 2 with probably their only 2 chances. CL place was lost that day and no spirit after that.

Still we beat Everton 3 times.

brokencrossbar1

•With Lucas, we won 23 points won in 12 games. That's 1.91 points per game.
•Without Lucas, we won 29 points won in 25 games. That's 1.16 points per game.

Tells it's own story really.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Bensars on May 10, 2012, 01:08:45 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on May 05, 2012, 07:32:13 PM
Same old same old. Showed up too late. Kenny has to step aside now.

Fair f**ks Chelsea - happy for Di Matteo

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on May 05, 2012, 07:36:08 PM
Hopefully the second last time we see him in it as manager

The creator in chief of this thread himself!!

Well - I'm obviously in the minority genius  ::)

onefaircounty

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 10, 2012, 05:17:22 PM

A pretty interesting stat. Say he was out for about half the season, that's the  equivalent of about 15 points (Obviously i'm not saying he would have earned us 15 points but it's a good statistic to show his worth).

Gerrard doesn't have the discipline for CM. He never did. He has benefitted playing beside Alonso, Hamann, Mascherano and Lucas. This season was the first time, I think, he had an extended period without a high-quality minder, and the results spoke for themselves.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: onefaircounty on May 10, 2012, 05:31:37 PM

A pretty interesting stat. Say he was out for about half the season, that's the  equivalent of about 15 points (Obviously i'm not saying he would have earned us 15 points but it's a good statistic to show his worth).

Gerrard doesn't have the discipline for CM. He never did. He has benefitted playing beside Alonso, Hamann, Mascherano and Lucas. This season was the first time, I think, he had an extended period without a high-quality minder, and the results spoke for themselves.

If Liverpool had maintained the early season form throughout the league they would have been sitting in 3rd.  Thats how much of a lose he was.  An able deputy for him is needed before any other player.  Who would have thought that a few years ago when the haters wanted rid of him. 

onefaircounty

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 10, 2012, 05:35:42 PM
Quote from: onefaircounty on May 10, 2012, 05:31:37 PM

If Liverpool had maintained the early season form throughout the league they would have been sitting in 3rd.  Thats how much of a lose he was.  An able deputy for him is needed before any other player.  Who would have thought that a few years ago when the haters wanted rid of him.

Usual rashness from spoilt fans, at the time. He was obviously a good player who needed time to acclimatise. Glad it has worked out for him. Here's hoping he can come back strong, Essien looks a shadow of himself, at the moment. Both players have a hard summer to recoup properly.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Bingo on May 10, 2012, 05:09:36 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on May 10, 2012, 05:05:15 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on May 10, 2012, 04:52:21 PM
Just wondering. 

Things seemed go tits up after the Suarez saga but was it also after Gerard became avaiable?  Seemed to be going well at the start of the season without Gerard. Is this being too simplistic?
i probably wouldh ave said things went tits up when they lost lucas

+1

Season in the league ended when Arsenal beat us 1-2 despite Liverpool missing chance after chance and Arsenal hitting 2 with probably their only 2 chances. CL place was lost that day and no spirit after that.

Still we beat Everton 3 times.

Also beat Chelsea 3 times. Alas lost the big one to them. Which sums up the season alongside missed penalties and hit posts.

Gabriel_Hurl

Low quality - but you get the jist

The Worker

laoislad

It wasn't going to take much for it to be nicer than the last one which I thought was the worst they have had in years.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Gabriel_Hurl

GalwayBayBoy

Tony Baloney

Like the yellow on red and old style crest. Nice.

Niall Quinn

he's got very dark arms for a racist.
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

laoislad

I like it. Nice and simple the way jerseys should be, no stupid looking designs or shapes on it.Love the crest as well.
The 96 is a nice touch on the collar.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.