The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harold Disgracey

Tough luck Liverpool, Andy Carroll starting to look like a player. I would love to kick the fick out of Clive Tyldesley, what a useless commentator.

Bingo

Bit sick with that. Starting XI lost game, 3 men could have stopped first goal.

Only played with with a proper 2 up front, like the semi funny enough. KK had to look at his decisions.

Carroll played like a man possessed. That's his level now, build a team round that front two.

Long night to be had, pints and craic.

PS Mickey mouse still has it.

Bord na Mona man

How stupid is it to keep asking the different players whether the ball crossed the line or not?
Clearly the TV people will have the edge over the players due to their ability to watch all the replays.

Chelsea worth their win over the 90 minutes.

Gabriel_Hurl

Same old same old. Showed up too late. Kenny has to step aside now.

Fair fucks Chelsea - happy for Di Matteo

From the Bunker

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on May 05, 2012, 07:21:07 PM
How stupid is it to keep asking the different players whether the ball crossed the line or not?
Clearly the TV people will have the edge over the players due to their ability to watch all the replays.

Chelsea worth their win over the 90 minutes.

Totaly agree! Ignorant journalism!

Kenny has his suit on now!

Gabriel_Hurl

Hopefully the second last time we see him in it as manager

heganboy

few points about that game, downing and henderson should start looking for another club immediately, (henderson gurned every time he lost the ball and never stopped yapping at carroll ) liverpool need to ask for alonso back, kenny needs to take a serious think about what his plan is, because that team can actually play football, but he can't get them to do so on a regular basis, that ball was over the line and that may have been Reina's worst game in a liverpool shirt, brutal on both goals, and shaky at best for the rest of the game.

The camera angle for the replay isn't straight on and I'm gutted it wasn't given. Not sure that Liverpool would have gone on to win, but that is a harsh way to lose. Two horrendous goals to concede. I do think there will be substantial activity in the summer, and I hope some of the Liverpool players shine at the Euro's for England and then move on without costing us too much money..

On the flip side happy to see Di Matteo do well for Chelsea, he's a class act.

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

From the Bunker

As i said earlier, sacrificing the FA Cup, may in the long run put the club in the correct direction.

The Luck is with Chelski, Alot of which they are making.
This could be their Champions League year!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: heganboy on May 05, 2012, 07:42:25 PM
few points about that game, downing and henderson should start looking for another club immediately, (henderson gurned every time he lost the ball and never stopped yapping at carroll ) liverpool need to ask for alonso back, kenny needs to take a serious think about what his plan is, because that team can actually play football, but he can't get them to do so on a regular basis, that ball was over the line and that may have been Reina's worst game in a liverpool shirt, brutal on both goals, and shaky at best for the rest of the game.

The camera angle for the replay isn't straight on and I'm gutted it wasn't given. Not sure that Liverpool would have gone on to win, but that is a harsh way to lose. Two horrendous goals to concede. I do think there will be substantial activity in the summer, and I hope some of the Liverpool players shine at the Euro's for England and then move on without costing us too much money..

On the flip side happy to see Di Matteo do well for Chelsea, he's a class act.
Agree 100% with all this. Maybe the loss will show up some of the players for what they are. Clearout required over the summer and (another) rebuilding exercise required. Carroll was on Newcastle wrecking ball form and the next manager needs to use him properly.

GalwayBayBoy

Liverpool were the better side in the 2nd half but can't argue with Chelsea winning overall as Liverpool only started to play when 2 goals down. As well as they played the last 35 minutes they were abysmal before that. Carroll seemed determined to make his mark after being left out and Chelsea couldn't handle him after he came on. If he had longer then who knows? As for the goal my sense is that the ball was probably over the line even though it's not really clear on any replays and the woodwork blocks the view slightly. Cech's hand was way behind the line anyway as he clawed the ball back out. If it's not even clear on replays you can hardly blame the officals for not giving it. If there's a doubt they can't award it.

Reina has had his poorest season since he arrived. Has made errors this season that he never made before. Spearing has shown that he's probably not even good enough to be Lucas' back-up. Henderson has talent but doesn't seem to have any bottle whatsoever and maybe lacks the mentality to play for a big club where the fans expect you to perform every week. Could probably say something similiar about Downing. As tough a time as Carroll has had you can tell there is a bit of mongrel and dig in him at least. Something that Henderson and Downing don't seem to have at all.

From the Bunker

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on May 05, 2012, 08:27:38 PM
Liverpool were the better side in the 2nd half but can't argue with Chelsea winning overall as Liverpool only started to play when 2 goals down. As well as they played the last 35 minutes they were abysmal before that. Carroll seemed determined to make his mark after being left out and Chelsea couldn't handle him after he came on. If he had longer then who knows? As for the goal my sense is that the ball was probably over the line even though it's not really clear on any replays and the woodwork blocks the view slightly. Cech's hand was way behind the line anyway as he clawed the ball back out. If it's not even clear on replays you can hardly blame the officals for not giving it. If there's a doubt they can't award it.

Reina has had his poorest season since he arrived. Has made errors this season that he never made before. Spearing has shown that he's probably not even good enough to be Lucas' back-up. Henderson has talent but doesn't seem to have any bottle whatsoever and maybe lacks the mentality to play for a big club where the fans expect you to perform every week. Could probably say something similiar about Downing. As tough a time as Carroll has had you can tell there is a bit of mongrel and dig in him at least. Something that Henderson and Downing don't seem to have at all.

There is alot of driftwood at Liverpool. But sure there's alot at Man u, Arsenal as well.  There should be no panic getting rid of players, alot of clubs, have driftwood that are needed in a long season to cover for minor games and injured players.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

King Kenny

I think I recall reading that reinas coach of a couple of years ago has left, and it was someone he had alot of time for.  His lack of form recently is alarming.

It has been said before, but a midfield that used to include masch and xabi are now reduced to Jay and hendo.  Men and boys.

The premier league is at a relatively low standard now compared to years gone past.  Bearing this in mind, it is frustrating how little impact we have made this year.

In saying all this, we have to remember exactly where we were under then old regime.  It is not an exaggeration to say that the club was on it's knees before JWH and the boys came in.  I said at the time that I was prepared to take 3 to 4 years of pain tO get back to a competitive level.  I am much happier now than I was under the previous yanks.

2 massive questions:

Is Kenny the man?

How important is a now stadium?

King Kenny