Mayo Football and Hurling - Discussion pages

Started by stephenite, November 09, 2006, 11:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbbeySider

Quote from: Davitt Man on February 25, 2009, 11:58:22 AM
Deel Rover, has Jimmy Nallen transfered to a Galway club, heard this over the weekend, is it true?

I seriously doubt that about Nallen.
I heard that Niall Costello is playing Centre Forward for Sligo Seniors at the minute.

the Deel Rover

Deel Rover, has Jimmy Nallen transfered to a Galway club, heard this over the weekend, is it true?

There was talk after the loss to ballaghadreen last year that Jimmy was going to transfer to a club in Galway allright and in fairness no one in the club would begrudge jimmy doing that as he is living and working in Gwalway and has giving his all for Cross down the years ,however with John Maughan in Charge this year every one assumed that Jimmy was going to give it One last push so i'll have to find out Davitt Man
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Lar Naparka

Quote from: the Deel Rover on February 25, 2009, 10:42:01 AM

i noticed that you haven't commented on any of the league matches this year lar . Are you going to try and get to a match this year
Hi Deel, thanks for asking...
I hope to be there for the Westmeath game and we'll see after that.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Lar Naparka on February 25, 2009, 01:09:53 PM

i noticed that you haven't commented on any of the league matches this year lar . Are you going to try and get to a match this year

thats great Lar good to hear that, where are we playing westmeath home or away ?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

nooneshoutedstop

Quote from: the Deel Rover on February 25, 2009, 01:25:29 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on February 25, 2009, 01:09:53 PM

thats great Lar good to hear that, where are we playing westmeath home or away ?

Were playing them at home in Charlestown,
It has to end sometime

moysider

Quote from: AbbeySider on February 25, 2009, 12:16:19 PM

I heard that Niall Costello is playing Centre Forward for Sligo Seniors at the minute.

Should nt that be Alan Costello? Formerly of Balla.

AbbeySider

Quote from: moysider on February 25, 2009, 02:56:13 PM

Ya meant Alan. Good footballer, best of luck to him

Davitt Man

Quote from: the Deel Rover on February 25, 2009, 12:28:31 PM

There was talk after the loss to ballaghadreen last year that Jimmy was going to transfer to a club in Galway allright and in fairness no one in the club would begrudge jimmy doing that as he is living and working in Gwalway and has giving his all for Cross down the years ,however with John Maughan in Charge this year every one assumed that Jimmy was going to give it One last push so i'll have to find out Davitt Man

Ya i was surprised when i heard it to especially when Maughan is board for the year, he will give it one last year and see how far they can go. Jimmy has been a serious club man down the years hardly ever missed a game.

RedandGreenSniper

Anyone going to the CB meeting tonight? New proposals for championship format up for discussion along with the vote for PRO between Piaras O'Reilly and Kevin O'Toole.

The champ. proposals aren't going down well though. They're suggesting that senior championship consist of two groups of 8, each team playing the other once. Top 4 make the quarter-finals and the bottom team plays off with the bottom team from the other group to see who goes down to Intermediate. Would dilute the importance of championship imo. The current system seems to be suiting everyone.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

moysider

Quote from: AbbeySider on February 25, 2009, 03:00:06 PM
Quote from: moysider on February 25, 2009, 02:56:13 PM

Ya meant Alan. Good footballer, best of luck to him

I agree. Could be a big addition for them because there was never any doubt about his ability to play at this level. Just his conditioning never seemed to be as good as it needed to be. Enda Devenney is another who could be worth involving in their set-up. Provided he got back to the level he was before he was injured Spring 2005. By the time he made the Mayo senior side he was only a shadow of the player he could have been and could be again - if he wants to be.

Mayo4Sam

enda has transferred to a club in sligo, we've seen the end of him for mayo
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

stephenite

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on February 25, 2009, 11:46:49 PM

Apparently the transfer is being heldup while everyone waits for Enda to fill out a form

RedandGreenSniper

Kevin O'Toole elected PRO of the County Board tonight. New championship proposals not even discussed before being thrown out
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

moysider

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on February 25, 2009, 11:46:49 PM

Sorry. I presumed people knew he was with St. John s. If he gets back to his best he d be a coup for Sligo, I meant. When we played him he was playing from memory with a gammy knee. Would nt rule him out of playing again for his native club in the future.

rosnarun

Quoteenda has transferred to a club in sligo, we've seen the end of him for mayo
jaysus not this again
at least it should shut sligonian up for a while over parsons
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere