Mayo Football and Hurling - Discussion pages

Started by stephenite, November 09, 2006, 11:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pietas

Quote from: rosnarun on January 24, 2008, 01:42:39 PM
Jom Shafted maughan(and Mayo) before Moran got the job it was queit clear from his media pronouncements that he was willing and and able to take the job if maughan was booted out only then to go all shy.
This is his year to put up or shut up.

Rubbish.  How can O'Mahony be adjudged to have shafted Maughan and the county?

'Put up or shut up' what's that about? 

And has Maughan nothing else to be doing that writing ill-informed tittle-tattle about the Mayo team in some rag?

Isn't he suppose to be managing a team elsewhere...a team which hasn't won a competitive game of football for 10 months!
In Roman mythology, Pietas was the goddess of duty to one's state, gods and family.

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: rosnarun on January 24, 2008, 01:42:39 PM
Jom Shafted maughan(and Mayo) before Moran got the job it was queit clear from his media pronouncements that he was willing and and able to take the job if maughan was booted out only then to go all shy.
This is his year to put up or shut up.
After all Maughan has done for mayo to say he was  rejected by the electorate.' in such a glib manner is the comment of an idiot
What is all of this based on, narrow minded political beliefs?  I still think that JOM is the only man in Mayo to manage our county team at the moment and i think most people would agree, he needs to be given time and with the selectors he has with him, we have as good a managment as any team in the country. The election is long over, JOM got elected by the people of Mayo and like it or not thats how it is. JM has done a lot for Mayo and to say that JOM shafted JM well, it beggars belief. What is this theroy based on? Build a bridge and get over it!

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Pietas

I take the odd look, but it wouldn't hold my attention very long.
In Roman mythology, Pietas was the goddess of duty to one's state, gods and family.

Owenmoresider

Lads, anyone know what the story is with Balla, are they going to fold up? Heard that they were in a bit of bother numbers-wise, and Costello is off to one of the clubs here. Quite a fall for county finalists of not so long ago, if it's the case.

Farrandeelin

Which club is Costello going to OMS? Haven't heeded the local news much lately regarding the club scene. Don't know anything about Balla folding though.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

StoneWall

Quote from: Owenmoresider on January 24, 2008, 06:57:48 PM
Lads, anyone know what the story is with Balla, are they going to fold up? Heard that they were in a bit of bother numbers-wise, and Costello is off to one of the clubs here. Quite a fall for county finalists of not so long ago, if it's the case.

Doesn't look like Balla are folding...

Elsewhere, Balla have announced their management team for the coming season.
The three man group are all former or present members of An Garda Siochána; Kevin O'Connor (Castlebar manager last year), Donie Duignan (a Roscommon native), and Tony Reilly (a native of Lacken and former well-known referee). The West Mayo side will be operating in Division 1D of the senior league and in the junior championship.

http://www.mayonews.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3221&Itemid=39

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on January 24, 2008, 08:37:01 PM
Which club is Costello going to OMS? Haven't heeded the local news much lately regarding the club scene. Don't know anything about Balla folding though.
Coolera/Strandhill, they were champions in 2005, have Quinn, McPartland and Karl O'Neill from the county panel, and also are MS's cub. Will be a fair addition to them.

AbbeySider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on January 24, 2008, 06:19:50 PM
Any of ye still visit the mayofans.com forum?

Last time I looked at mayofans.com, Mayo were playing in Croke Park! Its hard to check that forum at work because your screen looks completely green from a distance and people know your not working!  ;D

What ever happened to mchalepark.com ? It never really took off.

MaroonAndWhite

What time is the match v W/meath on in Ballinrobe?

Tubberman

Throw-in at 6:30 I think. Will be my first opportunity to see the green and red this year, so looking forward to it.

mchalepark.com only ever had 4/5 contributors max. And the admins on it seemed to have an agenda (one definitely did), seemed to criticise everything mgmt did. Doubt it is missed too much!
I still check mayofans.com from time to time. Not that many posters, but there are some good posts on it now and again. I agree about the colours though! They're luminous green and red, making it impossible to hide on your desktop!  ;)  especially if you're like me and everyone coming in and out of the office can see your monitors  :(
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

AbbeySider

Quote from: Tubberman on January 25, 2008, 11:03:55 AM
And the admins on it seemed to have an agenda (1 definitely did), seemed to criticise everything mgmt did. Doubt it is missed too much!

Ya I heard it was being used as a forum for management 'bashing' (especially against JOM). I lost interest after I heard that.

rosnarun

QuoteI still think that JOM is the only man in Mayo to manage our county team at the moment

whats that based on Losing to a crap donegal team in the first final this  'knows how to win finals' manager partook in with an all ireland finalist team at his disposal.
the complete no show against a weak galway team
the humilation off the loss against derry who later showed them selves to less than average.
Or is this based on what a micheal donnellan p joyce inspired team did 7 years ago in croke park.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Glensman

Only getting back to this now.

Chill our The Deel Rover!
A player from Ballina was training with a friend's club up here (in Antrim!) and I wanted to know did he start the Connaught final...not conspiracy or passing it on to Nemo...sure they would just have to do a bit of digging (which I can't be bothered to do).

His first name is Ken I believe.

the Deel Rover

No i didn't understand your question Glensman. its probably Kenny Golden he is corner back on the team and works in Belfast  i think
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001