Mayo Football and Hurling - Discussion pages

Started by stephenite, November 09, 2006, 11:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macdanger2

I caught the end of a new story on radio 1 this morning, something to the effect "it'd be a big blow to Mayo if they were to lose him....". Presumably either Buckley or Solan?? Or a player to AFL??

Any know what the story is?? I presume it's what dan was referring to in an earlier post??

muppet

Quote from: macdanger2 on September 15, 2015, 09:00:54 AM
I caught the end of a new story on radio 1 this morning, something to the effect "it'd be a big blow to Mayo if they were to lose him....". Presumably either Buckley or Solan?? Or a player to AFL??

Any know what the story is?? I presume it's what dan was referring to in an earlier post??

Enda Kenny?  :D
MWWSI 2017

Syferus

Barry a Solan is taking up a job with Arsenal, he is gone and that was known for a while so I doubt they meant him.

bucko

After Diarmuid O'Connor's displays this year it wouldn't be surprising if he became an AFL target.

PW Nally

Any chance this can be a STI/STD free zone?

#saveusfromSyphilis

bucko

Is this "review" that's reported in the Mayo News an attempt to head off the rumoured trouble coming down the tracks???

muppet

Quote from: bucko on September 15, 2015, 04:28:14 PM
Is this "review" that's reported in the Mayo News an attempt to head off the rumoured trouble coming down the tracks???

http://www.mayonews.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=22729:mayo-gaa-plan-end-of-season-review&catid=14&Itemid=100008

"Team management have to assess their performances, players have to, and we, the board, have to as well. Our review with the senior hurlers went very well so we'll be doing the same with their football lads."

Mayo lost every match in the Christy Ring Cup in 2015, so what does '[the meeting..]...went very well' mean?
MWWSI 2017

moysider

A load of oul hokum.

Spinning, stalling, kicking the can down the road.

If Buckley is gone - and I hear he is - H&C position even less tenable.

From the Bunker

In Fairness, Buckley has to be as fed up as the rest of us! It's all about winning and what can this man tell this group after 4 years? I'd say that most of the lads know the drill (to us the pun) by now.

IolarCoisCuain

Buckley's gone but it all depends who replaces him. Fellas were ready to jump into the sea when Cian O'Neill left but he was replaced. It just depends who the next man is.

There are big questions over the management alright. It would be nice if they came out to answer those questions, but they won't because no manager ever has and I can't imagine any manager ever doing it in future either.

Whatever questions the management have to answer, I don't think tracksuited Mayo players taking the LUAS to collect their cars is one of them. There's a fierce smell of shite of that tale. Fierce.

REDCOL

Its all right lads our Chairman has instigated a review of the year, where he will personally head a committee tasked with meeting his brother to review the year. There was as a review held recently with the Hurling Management.

Mayo News Last week "We're hoping Barry & Donie will be there next year too"

Mayo News This week "Pat & Noel were "hired" to do the Senior Team Job and its up to them to maintain the backroom team or re-appoint the various people involved there. We'll only be informed when it comes to ratifying appointments really".

Ballaghman

Quote from: larryin89 on September 14, 2015, 09:47:56 PM
Quote from: moysider on September 14, 2015, 09:36:32 PM
Quote from: mayoman dan on September 14, 2015, 08:48:16 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 14, 2015, 08:13:27 PM
Anybody know about these 'rumours' about trouble in the camp?

Ive heard rumours to farr but sure isnt there always rumours when we get beat.I hope there not true mind

On the contrary I hope there is. If there isn t there should be.

Can't go on any longer though Moy ,if they're not wanted , out ta fook . This panel don't need any hinderence . Mike Connelly/Connolly s statement is a load of manure .

Structures need to be put in place and the men that are responsible for such need to wake the fook up , our minor and 21 team this year were friggin useless and I still don't know what the fook is going on with all the minors that are walking around injured this last two years. Oisin Horan was on minor panel last year , I don't think he's played a game for kilmovee since (if he has it's only last couple of months)
No he hasn't Larry. Himself, Seamie Cunniffe and Shairoze all had a similar injury as a result of county minor training. I heard 5 or 6 lads from the 2013/14 panels  had the same injury but only know the local lads names. Poor treatment of our future players to say the least.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Ballaghman on September 15, 2015, 09:27:35 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on September 14, 2015, 09:47:56 PM
Quote from: moysider on September 14, 2015, 09:36:32 PM
Quote from: mayoman dan on September 14, 2015, 08:48:16 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 14, 2015, 08:13:27 PM
Anybody know about these 'rumours' about trouble in the camp?

Ive heard rumours to farr but sure isnt there always rumours when we get beat.I hope there not true mind

On the contrary I hope there is. If there isn t there should be.

Can't go on any longer though Moy ,if they're not wanted , out ta fook . This panel don't need any hinderence . Mike Connelly/Connolly s statement is a load of manure .

Structures need to be put in place and the men that are responsible for such need to wake the fook up , our minor and 21 team this year were friggin useless and I still don't know what the fook is going on with all the minors that are walking around injured this last two years. Oisin Horan was on minor panel last year , I don't think he's played a game for kilmovee since (if he has it's only last couple of months)
No he hasn't Larry. Himself, Seamie Cunniffe and Shairoze all had a similar injury as a result of county minor training. I heard 5 or 6 lads from the 2013/14 panels  had the same injury but only know the local lads names. Poor treatment of our future players to say the least.

Yeah, I know a lad from 2014 with a plethora of injuries from that year. His auld man reckons he's shagged!

macdanger2

Buckley is a loss alright but as ICC said, it depends on who replaces him. The quality of the replacement will say a lot about how serious we are. The other consideration is WHY Buckley left - did he feel that the setup wasn't up to scratch? Or something else? If the former, then it puts serious pressure on H&C

muppet

Quote from: REDCOL on September 15, 2015, 07:12:42 PM
Its all right lads our Chairman has instigated a review of the year, where he will personally head a committee tasked with meeting his brother to review the year. There was as a review held recently with the Hurling Management.

Mayo News Last week "We're hoping Barry & Donie will be there next year too"

Mayo News This week "Pat & Noel were "hired" to do the Senior Team Job and its up to them to maintain the backroom team or re-appoint the various people involved there. We'll only be informed when it comes to ratifying appointments really".

Maybe he was slyly talking about Moran and Vaughan?  :D
MWWSI 2017