2008 Ryder Cup

Started by corn02, August 22, 2008, 03:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Hound on September 22, 2008, 07:58:59 AM
I love the Ryder Cup, and certainly feel like Europe are my team. I don't like Faldo, but I don't think he did a whole lot wrong over the 3 days. The US won because they holed the most putts over the course of the competition.

Interesting scoring stats from the singles:

Weekley -8
Kim -7
Perry - 7
Rose -6
McDowell -5
Poulter -5
Curtis -5
Karlsson -4
Westwood -4
Mahan -4
Wilson -4
Furyk -3
Mickelson -3
Holmes -2
Stenson -2
Stricker -2
Casey -2
Cink -1
Hansen Ev
Jiminez Ev
Leonard +1
Campbell +2
Garcia +2
Harrington +5

And dont forget alot of them scores were after only 15 holes :o, wow. If Harrinton was playing weekly it would of been match over after 10 holes.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Tony Baloney

Some of the US stroke scores on your list are phenomenal. Not bad from McDowell either. He seemed to acquit himself well over the weekend and if he can maintain some form could be a future banker for the Europe team.

corn02

Quote from: DoYerJob Linesman on September 21, 2008, 10:44:56 PM
Just the way I feel, don't lose the oul head there.   :D

But it ok to tell screenexile to  "wise up"?

screenexile

Ah sure I'm well used to him... what else would you expect from a pig but a grunt!?;)

corn02

I said beforehand to watch out for Kim and Mahan and they proved the difference, incredible debuts. Kim is hateful mid you.

the Deel Rover

i think there will be an asterix after the us 's 2008 Ryder cup win as they won it when the best player in the world was out injured  :P ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 23, 2008, 01:36:54 PM
i think there will be an asterix after the us 's 2008 Ryder cup win as they won it when the best player in the world was out injured  :P ;)

Very good  :D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Minder

Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 23, 2008, 01:36:54 PM
A good point well made Deel,interesting interview from Fat Monty earlier,he got ripped into Faldo for playing his stronger players at the end when the match was over. The Ryder Cup has only been decided by 12th player in singles once, in '91 when Hale Irwin played Langer.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Hardy

Except Harrington was actually the weakest player.

magpie seanie

Just want to saw fair play to Poulter for theway he played. The point still stands though that Faldo is a cnut. Obviously Poulter was picked early and told it was ok to go off to the US and go for the dough when he could have qualified by right for the team. I son't think that's right. With such a dope as captain someone like Clarke was needed to gee the lads up but obviously Faldo wouldn't have him next nigh or near it. That was his call but like his singles lineup it contributed to the defeat in my book. Fair play to the yanks. More up for it and better captaincy and even though I wouldn't approve of some of their messing they fully deserved to win.