2008 Ryder Cup

Started by corn02, August 22, 2008, 03:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Not long to go now, Clarke trying to make a late surge for a wildcard - doesn't have a chance in my eyes.

Uladh

How is clarke going today?

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Uladh on August 22, 2008, 03:15:06 PM

-6 after 12 holes, he could do it, Muntz is his only threat out on the course with -8 (joint leader) after 11 holes
Tbc....

corn02

Would love to see big Darren there but he  won't be present. Tough choice for the wildcards. Who do yous fancy. I am hoping Month doesn't get the nod.

An Fear Rua

would def not want to see clarke anywhere near it, no where near any sort of form
Its Grim up North

Minder

If Clarke was there he would be nothing more than a passenger.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

mouview

Carl Petterson must be in with a shout, regular on the US tour and recent winner. Also feel Martin Kaymer will make it. McGinley should have stayed as Assistant captain while he had it - only fooling himself that he's good enough to make it now.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on August 22, 2008, 03:23:32 PM
Quote from: Uladh on August 22, 2008, 03:15:06 PM

-6 after 12 holes, he could do it, Muntz is his only threat out on the course with -8 (joint leader) after 11 holes

Feck'in forgot that there's still two days to go!  :-[ :D
Tbc....

magpie seanie

How does the team selection work?

corn02

Quote from: Minder on August 22, 2008, 03:35:35 PM

Disagree, Clakre has had a horrid year but has shown some very good form in the last two months. I wouldn't want Month there because he is an ignorant git - I could guarantee he would still hold his own, same for Clarke.

Puckoon

Westwood is having a great season - his regular partner has been Clarke. Id give him a wild card just for that - this isnt a 72 hole challenge - its matchplay requiring a serious mental aspect. Clarke, if picked will rise to the occasion.

Longshanks

Quote from: Puckoon on August 22, 2008, 04:32:26 PM

Westwood is having a great season - his regular partner has been Clarke. Id give him a wild card just for that - this isnt a 72 hole challenge - its matchplay requiring a serious mental aspect. Clarke, if picked will rise to the occasion.

Agreed I think recently Clarke seems to have got some of his game back together and plays well in matchplay, it's been the 72 hole challenges that he has faded away..

corn02

Clarke at -7 after 18, one off the lead. Regardless of whether you think he has a chance or not, he is certainly going to be a possibility if he achieves a top-ten finish.

magpie seanie

In the Ryder Cup you need lads who won't crumble under pressure. Clarke is not a bottler and if this recent good form continus he is worth a place.

The Real Laoislad

I think ye are being very harsh on Clarke,Himself and Westwood would be a excellent pairing for a match in the Ryder Cup..
You'll Never Walk Alone.