The Premier League relegation thread.

Started by Ping Pong Santa, April 18, 2009, 11:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diet Coke

Celtic usually buy players when they are done, so maybe Owen will go to Glasgow. ;)
Everybody knows there no sucha thing as Sanity Clause.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: gawa316 on April 19, 2009, 05:18:39 PM
Newcastle looked doomed at the minute.

There will be some exodus if they do go down with clubs from all over europe likely destinations but what will happen to Owen? What club would be a likely destination for him? Villa or Citee are the only ones I can really think off, as can't see any of the big 4 going for him.
I'd be surprised if any of the top six would want him. Seems too content to lift the big cheque so he'll go where the big pay day is.

fred the red

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 19, 2009, 05:24:55 PM

There will be some exodus if they do go down with clubs from all over europe likely destinations but what will happen to Owen? What club would be a likely destination for him? Villa or Citee are the only ones I can really think off, as can't see any of the big 4 going for him.
I'd be surprised if any of the top six would want him. Seems too content to lift the big cheque so he'll go where the big pay day is.

big 6 lol

AFS

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 19, 2009, 05:24:55 PM

Spurs it is then.

magpie seanie

Even though they always cause United trouble I'd like 'boro to stay up. Southgate mightn't be a great manager but he seems like an honest and decent bloke.

Don't like Allardyce or his son Brown but it would just be hilarious if Newcastle went down. WBA obviously gone.

slow corner back

WBA are down, Hull look doomed and I would like to see Newcastle join them if only to give them a sense of perspective which they are badly missing.

blewuporstuffed

i'd like to see Hull going down,just cause of my personal dislike for the smug phil Brown,who seems to think all of a sudden he is a top level premiership manager and cutting edge, just because he wears an earpiece.
west brom are gone and not that bothered out of boro,newcastle and blackburn who goes, although after his ridiculous rant against rafa, have a slight favouring for big Sam to take the drop
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

EC Unique

Can't stand Shearer so would be happy to see him fail :-*

Jimmy Joe

I'd like to see Newcastle go down.  It would be just what their fans deserve.  The delusions of grandeur and never give a manager a chance.  They are very quick to boo their players as well.  A wee run in a lower division would put them back in their place

the scenic route

West Brom, Newcastle, middlesboro in that order the way it sits in the league at the minute to go down

West Brom - Ill offer 1,000/1 odds on them staying up if anyone wants to take them.

Id love to see newcastle go down especially with Shearer there hes a right arsehole would be delighted to see the saviour coming back just to get on a sinking ship.. im delighted Given is away from them he was far to good a keeper to ever be involved with a club that got relegated, he just got comfortable there cos the fans loved him hes the kind of keeper that should have medals. You dont deserve to be in the premier league just because you have great fans

Think middlesboro will go down and im not that bothered i like southgate a great manager with absoloutly no resources. a club happy to just exist in the premier league and have no ambition to build, the one chance southgate actually got a chance to spend some money and build a team he took them to a uefa cup final.
"Underneath that thin veneer of human civilisation, we're all just a bunch of fu*king animals"

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: the scenic route on April 20, 2009, 12:42:13 PM
West Brom, Newcastle, middlesboro in that order the way it sits in the league at the minute to go down

West Brom - Ill offer 1,000/1 odds on them staying up if anyone wants to take them.

Id love to see newcastle go down especially with Shearer there hes a right arsehole would be delighted to see the saviour coming back just to get on a sinking ship.. im delighted Given is away from them he was far to good a keeper to ever be involved with a club that got relegated, he just got comfortable there cos the fans loved him hes the kind of keeper that should have medals. You dont deserve to be in the premier league just because you have great fans

Think middlesboro will go down and im not that bothered i like southgate a great manager with absoloutly no resources. a club happy to just exist in the premier league and have no ambition to build, the one chance southgate actually got a chance to spend some money and build a team he took them to a uefa cup final.

No he didn't...
You'll Never Walk Alone.

nifan

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Minder

Quote from: the scenic route on April 20, 2009, 12:42:13 PM

Cant let you have that one.........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

the scenic route

My mistake sorry....

And also maybe not a great manager but surely you concede done well up until now with what has been available to him..
"Underneath that thin veneer of human civilisation, we're all just a bunch of fu*king animals"