Started by Mayo4Sam, June 05, 2017, 09:37:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephenite

Quote from: Syferus on April 22, 2018, 02:28:40 AM
Quote from: stephenite on April 22, 2018, 01:58:46 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on April 21, 2018, 11:30:20 PM
Time to lock this thread Mods.
It's going beyond the bounds.

It's on the threshold alright, and I agree.

He's literally AWOL at the moment. I think you have a different idea of the end of a story than the rest of us.

I have no idea about the end of the story, I just hope that an amateur multiple All Ireland winner, who owes nobody anything, can do what he wants to do, either way.

I'd still recommend locking the thread

Syferus

Quote from: stephenite on April 22, 2018, 02:52:28 AM

He's literally AWOL at the moment. I think you have a different idea of the end of a story than the rest of us.

I have no idea about the end of the story, I just hope that an amateur multiple All Ireland winner, who owes nobody anything, can do what he wants to do, either way.

Someone would create another whenever we inevitably find out in a few weeks that he's retired/is back on the panel/is playing hurling, so what exactly is the point in that? Rossfan has made a cliche of calling for threads he decides he doesn't like to be locked but I didn't think others operated from his playbook too.

tonto1888

Quote from: stephenite on April 22, 2018, 02:52:28 AM

I fully agree with you re Connolly. Not sure about locking the thread tho. I'm generally interested in what's happening with him and would be sad if it is he end of him in the GAA

Jinxy

If there's one thing that really bugs me about this country, it's the prevalence of gossip masquerading as 'concern'.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

tonto1888

Quote from: Jinxy on April 22, 2018, 10:55:21 AM
If there's one thing that really bugs me about this country, it's the prevalence of gossip masquerading as 'concern'.

I dunno if this is aimed at me or not. I haven't heard any gossip. I just hope we haven't seen the last of one of the greatest - in my opinion - players of this generation

Jinxy

Taylor

One of the best players in one of the best teams ever currently isn't playing.
Off course it should be discussed.

This locking the thread is bullshit....unless it has legal implications which this clearly doesn't have

BennyCake

Quote from: stephenite on April 21, 2018, 09:23:01 AM
Quote from: tonto1888 on April 20, 2018, 10:13:42 PM
Quote from: clonadmad on April 20, 2018, 09:34:54 PM
Hopefully in Time

Connolly will make a full return to sport,his deserves to be left alone now by the media to complete his full recovery,there for the grace of god.....

His recovery?

I'm about as far removed from the scene as anyone and even I've heard the rumour.

Has all the hallmarks of a typical Irish rumour, not dissimilar to Brian Kennedy, Ronan O'Gara and more recently Lee Keegan, i.e bullshit

The singer Brian Kennedy? Has he been called into the Antrim squad or what?

stephenite

Quote from: Jinxy on April 22, 2018, 12:23:07 PM
Not aimed at you.

I assume it's aimed at me.

The only reason for locking this thread is because of the insinuation that he has to go through a 'recovery'

No one on here knows the facts, despite the rumours, and this sort of shite shouldn't be allowed

larryin89

I seen him in peader carneys two weeks ago , he was quietly having a couple of drinks with a couple of mates , I'm hazzarding a guess here but I doubt we will see him tagged in 18. What a player , don't think anyone could ever disagree.best of luck to him , hope he's back next year if my guess is correct.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Jinxy

Quote from: stephenite on April 22, 2018, 01:40:13 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on April 22, 2018, 12:23:07 PM
Not aimed at you.

I assume it's aimed at me.

The only reason for locking this thread is because of the insinuation that he has to go through a 'recovery'

No one on here knows the facts, despite the rumours, and this sort of shite shouldn't be allowed

It's not aimed at you either!
I agree 100% with the bit in bold.

trileacman

Quote from: clonadmad on April 20, 2018, 09:34:54 PM
Hopefully in Time

Connolly will make a full return to sport,his deserves to be left alone now by the media to complete his full recovery,there for the grace of god.....

This is who jinxy referred too.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Jinxy

screenexile

Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on May 08, 2018, 09:39:54 AM
Is there a huge secret on the Connolly thing or why arent we dicussion on whats going on, this is a huge topic!

From what ive been led to believe he has got an ongoing court case and his mind isnt in the game!! Playing for Dublin football is in the spotlight too much and maybe he wants to stay out of it!

From what I can gather there's some shit going on in his life which means he isn't playing for the Dubs at the minute. To be honest he's an amateur player (as much as one of the top Dublin lads can be) so I don't think there is any real need to be talking about personal situations on a message board or online. He doesn't deserve that I'm sure he'll be back when all is sorted out.

Jinxy

Exactly.
Anyway, it's just curtain-twitching dressed up as 'concern' in most cases.