Donegal v Down Ulster Semi June 23

Started by J70, June 03, 2013, 02:45:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Has he retired from the commentary too? I know he gave up managing the station.

Tom Comack used to do a bit of commentary, but that may have been with Northwest/Ocean. Given that he's a Roscommon man, his commentary wasn't quite as nakedly biased as Charlie's!

I always thought McHugh was a good foil for Charlie. McHugh was biased in who he wanted to win, but he was also brutally honest and perhaps too pessimistic and severe at times in his assessment of Donegal.

Goldengreen

Quote from: J70 on June 27, 2013, 01:54:40 PM
Has he retired from the commentary too? I know he gave up managing the station.

Tom Comack used to do a bit of commentary, but that may have been with Northwest/Ocean. Given that he's a Roscommon man, his commentary wasn't quite as nakedly biased as Charlie's!

I always thought McHugh was a good foil for Charlie. McHugh was biased in who he wanted to win, but he was also brutally honest and perhaps too pessimistic and severe at times in his assessment of Donegal.

As far as i know he is gone from the station completely, open to correction though. He did do a podcast, a preview of the Donegal v's Down game that was released on youtube, maybe this is more the road he is going down, his own media company.