woman dies for want of a abortion

Started by guy crouchback, November 14, 2012, 04:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Iceman

Quote from: general_lee on February 11, 2016, 11:17:12 PM
Pedantry and disingenuity aside, why does NI have to be dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century?
why does death and murder have to be viewed as progress? I thought you were putting pedantry and disingenuity aside?
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

gallsman

Quote from: The Iceman on February 11, 2016, 11:19:07 PM
Pedantry and disingenuity aside, why does NI have to be dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century?
why does death and murder have to be viewed as progress? I thought you were putting pedantry and disingenuity aside?

Murder? Who's being murdered here? Hyperbole and hysteria won't help your argument gain traction beyond what we all know it is - misguided religious zealotry

No wides

Quote from: The Iceman on February 11, 2016, 09:39:16 PM
Quote from: No wides on February 11, 2016, 11:57:39 AM
The SDLP prove again they are not fit for purpose, they will do anything to oppose reform.  Things like this depress me - politicians elected on a green or orange vote deciding what is right for vulnerable women.
You could get a job as a politician yourself with your sweeping statements.

the majority of people in the occupied 6 are against abortion.

Evidence?

No wides

Quote from: The Iceman on February 11, 2016, 09:49:57 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on February 11, 2016, 09:39:03 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on February 11, 2016, 09:16:54 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on February 11, 2016, 08:11:43 PM
The SDLP are a disaster on this. It may well come back to bite them in places like South Belfast. Eastwood had an opportunity to refresh the party after McDonnell and the least he could have done is given a free vote. I know a lot of younger people will be massively put off by this. I am.

Are South Belfast people especially keen on ending inconvenient lives?
South Belfast would have a young, liberal mass of voters, moreso than many constituencies, who the SDLP, along with others, will be trying to attract. Many of these voters will think that the woman is best placed to make difficult decisions and won't be attracted by those who deny them this choice.
I understand people being pro-life and fighting for it. Life is life and in my book it is a cause worth fighting for regardless of religious affiliation, sexual persuasion, gender....

what i dont get is why someone like you maguire would you strongly fight for abortion? what you gain?
I protect life with my efforts? what do you get?

A woman is raped - should she be forced to have that child?

No wides

Quote from: The Iceman on February 11, 2016, 10:15:46 PM
What is it about then? Why do you care about it so much? Why do you champion death and abortion?

Maybe he champions the rights of the woman?

No wides

So women have no rights, easy for a man to come out with this shite.

seafoid

It has to go through the 18th century first

Windmill abu

For all the pro choice and pro abortion posters on here, I would be interested in your opinions regarding the rights of the life growing inside the mother.

None of you seem to give any consideration to this life.

In the case of rape, why would killing the child be an acceptable reason to end a healthy life?
Never underestimate the power of complaining

The Iceman

Quote from: No wides on February 11, 2016, 11:57:28 PM
The SDLP are a disaster on this. It may well come back to bite them in places like South Belfast. Eastwood had an opportunity to refresh the party after McDonnell and the least he could have done is given a free vote. I know a lot of younger people will be massively put off by this. I am.

South Belfast would have a young, liberal mass of voters, moreso than many constituencies, who the SDLP, along with others, will be trying to attract. Many of these voters will think that the woman is best placed to make difficult decisions and won't be attracted by those who deny them this choice.
I understand people being pro-life and fighting for it. Life is life and in my book it is a cause worth fighting for regardless of religious affiliation, sexual persuasion, gender....

what i dont get is why someone like you maguire would you strongly fight for abortion? what you gain?

who is forcing anyone to do anything? should a child be killed because the mother was raped?
I have a friend in belfast who was raped while travelling in Ethiopia. She originally planned to put the baby up for adoption and changed her mind when the baby was born.
there are always choices that don't have to involve killing a child....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

The Iceman

Quote from: gallsman on February 11, 2016, 11:30:24 PM

Murder? Who's being murdered here? Hyperbole and hysteria won't help your argument gain traction beyond what we all know it is - misguided religious zealotry
I'm glad you speak for the gabboard from spain and that you know anything about my intentions and their foundation.
I have 4 kids and 1 on the way - do you have kids? have you seen an ultasound of those kids in the womb? my stance on a childs life inside the womb is the same as my stance on a childs life outside of the womb - i will do what I can to protect them not because of my relationship with God but because of my relationship with life, with other humans.... if you were in bother and it was easier to just pull a chord and end your life I would fight for yours too

J70

Quote from: Windmill abu on February 12, 2016, 12:57:14 AM
For all the pro choice and pro abortion posters on here, I would be interested in your opinions regarding the rights of the life growing inside the mother.

None of you seem to give any consideration to this life.

In the case of rape, why would killing the child be an acceptable reason to end a healthy life?

That's the dilemma for me.

I cannot see any justification for abortion as a form of birth control.

But, I also cannot see how society has the right to force a traumatized woman to carry the child of her rapist through birth.

Although one would hope that any raped woman would be offered or would take the morning-after pill immediately (obviously not every such woman will be in a position to obtain it).

And yeah, I know to some that morning after pill = abortion. Not to me.

J70

Quote from: The Iceman on February 12, 2016, 01:25:49 AM

who is forcing anyone to do anything? should a child be killed because the mother was raped?
I have a friend in belfast who was raped while travelling in Ethiopia. She originally planned to put the baby up for adoption and changed her mind when the baby was born.

So what do you say to such a woman?

"Tough shit, them's the breaks, see you in nine months, hope you have health insurance"

(Not being a smartarse - as I said in my previous post, this is a real dilemma for me)

Windmill abu

QuoteQuote from: The Iceman on Today at 01:25:49 AM

"Tough shit, them's the breaks, see you in nine months, hope you have health insurance"

(Not being a smartarse - as I said in my previous post, this is a real dilemma for me)

I can,t beleive I am responding to this post but since when did a human life be dependent on health insurance?
Never underestimate the power of complaining

No wides

Quote from: The Iceman on February 12, 2016, 01:25:49 AM

So if she was raped by her father / uncle / brother - you would force her to have the child, only a man would have this view as is evident by the gobshites in stormount.

J70

Quote from: Windmill abu on February 12, 2016, 02:03:04 AM
QuoteQuote from: The Iceman on Today at 01:25:49 AM

I can,t beleive I am responding to this post but since when did a human life be dependent on health insurance?

You've never been to the states I take it?

Lack of access to prenatal care is often a huge problem for poor women. Medical bills are one of the biggest causes of bankruptcies.

But that aside, and given that you yourself asked for opinions, what's yours on the other points I raised?

Do you feel that society should compel a rape victim to carry the child of her rapist through birth?