Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Dunloy realist on October 21, 2018, 05:28:06 PM
Really good to see our minors win today. Game was far easier than I could of ever hoped for.  St Galls just didn't use the wind at all in the second half.

But it's a second title in 3 years for this group and a county Hurling final next week as well.

The senior game I left at half time. What a big pile of cow dung that was to watch.
Congratulations to Dunloy on this achievement -  a proper GAA club with great facilities, great coaches and great players - the winning combination!

Hectic

Great to see a club as healthy as Dunloy.

bogieman

Antrim Senior Football Final 2018

lugubrious.
This is not Irish dancing. -RH

delgany

Quote from: Hectic on October 21, 2018, 07:06:20 PM
Quote from: delgany on October 21, 2018, 06:59:10 PM
Quote from: Hectic on October 21, 2018, 06:50:18 PM
Quote from: delgany on October 21, 2018, 06:46:39 PM
Quote from: ned on October 21, 2018, 06:33:14 PM
How are league positions in Football leagues decided? Glenravel top of division 3 by two points can only be caught by Lisburn. It's one win each against each other with Glenravel edging scoring by one point. On the other hand Lisburn have a superior points difference. Hoping for a nice double to round off the year.

When head to head is equal

Overall scoring difference is the determining factor

Yeah looks like Glenravel take the head to head by the narrowest of margins. They won by 5 in Lisburn. Lisburn won by 4 in Glenravel.
[/quote

Overall scoring difference in the competition  is thecdetetiming factor     not the difference in the games between the two tied teams

Assumed that was only if head to head scoring diff tied. Bit silly to go past that first if scoring difference a consideration

Head to head is a sound factor  when teams finish level on points
Ardoyne level.on.points with Lisburn   but   lisburn beat them twice in league .

Hectic

imtommygunn

Lisburn a game left too but with top two up hardly matters.

bannside

Dunloy who definitely don't concentrate on football win a second minor title in three years. Sincere congrats to them, their structures, their ethos, and talking to a few of their clubmen the conveyor belt is well under way for years to come. Whilst fantastic for Dunloy......a very sad reflection on the rest of us and especially the football only clubs. St Galls a very poor second fiddle on the day.

Question for county minor or under 21 managers? Why is there only one Dunloy player on the county radar (Deaghlan Smyth). Open your eyes please.

Hectic

Quote from: bogieman on October 21, 2018, 07:25:07 PM

lugubrious.

Aye though semi final was a belter so not all bad.

playwiththewind1st

lugubrious.

Not a word you would see on this thread every day. Congratulations!

bannside

Another senior title for Cargin and Damien Cassidy. Went exactly as I expected...not much at all between two evenly matched teams. Creggan had 13 wides versus Cargins 5, so that's not a good stat from Creggans point of view.

Reinforces my view that Antrim football is wide open between four or five clubs....as I said at the start of the year! Nothing has changed in that regard.

Well done Cargin. Some great players today. Mick the best player on the pitch, Justy solid, Jamie Gribben well done, Marty Kane made a noticeable difference, Ciaran Bradley superb and the TS express keeps rolling on. The Mc Namee cup is in Toome, enjoy, we will be there to support you against Gweedore, but if you're going to have any kind of crack at Ulster you'll need to be better than today.

Spike

Quote from: bannside on October 21, 2018, 08:00:04 PM
Another senuor title for Cargin and Damien Cassidy. Went exactly as I expected...not much at all between two evenly matched teams. Creggan had 13 sides versus Cargins 5, so that's not a good stat from Creggans point of view.

Reinforces my view that Antrim football is wide open between four or five clubs....as I said at the start of the year! Nothing has changed in that regard.

Well done Cargin. Some great players todsy. Mick the best player on the pitch, Justy solid, Jamie Gribben well done, Marty Kane made a noticeable difference, and Ciaran Bradley superb throughout. The cups in Toome, enjoy, but if you're going yo have any kind of crack at Ulster you'll need to be better than today.

Poor shot selection contributes to that stat -.in a swirling wind it was hail mary stuff. Thought Creggan set up not to lose - they had 14 men in their half for long periods of the game. Replica of the 5-3 game a few years ago. Cargin ran into a wall at half way li e and the game continued in that vein.  A more remarkable stat was that Cargin scores were all from play. In last ten minutes Creggan still refused to change their system even though they were a point down. Either a lack of courage or can only play one way. Dreadful. Cargin wont win ulster playing like that but hard to tell when dealing with a system such as that. Creggan have personnel to play another way but not sure whether they dont fully trust their defence to do their jobs hence why they rigidly employ the system they do.   That match killed any neutrals watching antrim championship football for a few years.

Ps well.done to ahoghill - superbly run day.

Hectic

Quote from: farset on October 21, 2018, 09:08:39 PM
RE: League positions

If two teams are on equal points, it goes to head to heads.
If three teams are on equal points, head to heads go out the window and it comes down to points difference.

Same figuring out for next weekend in Div 2.

country bumpkin

lugubrious.

Jeez I am really sorry that u left Ahoghill feeling sad today....will ask the Cargin lads (but to be honest can't speak for Creggan) if they would they consider replaying and hope to please you....

bogieman

Quote from: country bumpkin on October 21, 2018, 11:05:44 PM

lugubrious.

Jeez I am really sorry that u left Ahoghill feeling sad today....will ask the Cargin lads (but to be honest can't speak for Creggan) if they would they consider replaying and hope to please you....

Please don't.
This is not Irish dancing. -RH

country bumpkin

Quote from: bogieman on October 21, 2018, 11:22:36 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on October 21, 2018, 11:05:44 PM

lugubrious.

Please don't.

Well I did ask and I am so sure they are disappointed to leave Clooney with their 3rd title in four years not having pleased yourself. >:(