Innovative & Viable Fundraising Ideas for GAA Clubs

Started by wexdes, July 24, 2010, 06:46:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wexdes

Like most GAA Clubs we are looking for new and innovative ideas for fundraisers. We are in good financial condition having raised a decent belt of money (€170,000) in a one off development draw at the start of the year, but over the past few years it appears as if the day-to-day funding is getting tighter. As a hurling and football club with a strong underage section we need roughly €100k a year to meet ongoing expenses. Having worked our socks off we are now back into running another once off fundraiser in the next couple of months to balance the bank account for this year

Ours is a small community with a small and hardworking committee so I am looking for new, fun and sustainable ways of making money. We already run a club lotto, a membership scheme and generate good income out of selling tickets for the model county draw.

I only came across this forum last weekend but looking at the number of members and posting activity ye surely have plenty of ideas and experience in this area. I have searched the threads and not found anything about this and I am sure there are plenty of clubs who would benefit from a pooling of ideas and schemes.

Thanks for any contributions you may have.

5 Sams

www.thousandaire.ie

Sound fellas and guaranteed good money if you do what he tells you.

Ask for George and tell him the lads from Ballyholland in Down sent you.
The Aristocrat Years

wexdes

Thanks for the suggestions folks. 2 good ones for the plan so far. Keep them coming

mylestheslasher

Quote from: 5 Sams on July 25, 2010, 07:57:23 PM
www.thousandaire.ie

How does this work. I understand the game itself but just wondering where the money profit comes from, do contestants have to pay a fee to enter?

Celt_Man

Quote from: mylestheslasher on August 03, 2010, 09:49:31 AM
Quote from: 5 Sams on July 25, 2010, 07:57:23 PM
www.thousandaire.ie

How does this work. I understand the game itself but just wondering where the money profit comes from, do contestants have to pay a fee to enter?

We ran it last year - it's a great job to be fair.  Money comes from advertising, sponsors and tickets to get into the draw
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

goldenyears

Can't understand why people ask qs on here when the website was given!
Go and look at the website for more info no?

saffron sam2

Quote from: goldenyears on August 03, 2010, 11:18:09 PM

You believe everyting you read on the web?
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

DownFanatic

Live Pig Racing was a massive success for us last year. Massive workload involved though...

mylestheslasher

Quote from: goldenyears on August 03, 2010, 11:18:09 PM
I did look on the site but the breakdown of how profit is made is not given. Would there not be a big danger that sponsorship would be down in the current climate. Also, is the companies fee a fixed amount or % of total made.

twotwocharlie

check out www.winonehundredthousand.ie  great value for 20£/euro

potential income for any club willing to promote this draw

mrgaa1

Eamonnca1

Dancing With the Stars / Strictly Come Dancing.

Dancers pay for their own dance lessons.  Each couple has an agent that goes out and gets sponsorship for them they have a minimum amount to raise before the couple are allowed to compete.

On the night of the contest the crowd gets to vote for their favourite couple, but they have to pay for each vote at $5 each. 

There's some formula that multiplies the judges' votes with the audience votes and the sponsorship amounts are factored in too.

Oh, and the bar's open and there's food being served as well. When we ran it the bar was sold out. Great night's crack! Everyone said it was the best night they've had in a long time. 

It's always better to try and give the punters a bit of entertainment instead of just taking money off them in exchange for a remote chance to win a raffle. At least they know they're getting something for their money.