The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: Dolph1 on January 15, 2019, 11:40:03 AM
Quote from: Dolph1 on January 14, 2019, 01:22:49 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on January 11, 2019, 08:54:15 PM
The Trumpbots are deeply afraid of whites becoming a minority in the US.

Why does that excite you Sid?

Bump for Sid.

Whether or not Sid is excited by the prospect of whites joining all other races as minorities in the US, there is clearly a segment of the US right wing which is terrified by that. Just this week we are seeing Steve King FINALLY being called out by his GOP colleagues (what took them so long??), even as Trump tries to feign ignorance of who King is despite previously stating outright and also demonstrating by his own independent statements and actions that he agrees with much of what King espouses.

Dolph1

Quote from: J70 on January 15, 2019, 04:34:59 PM

Bump for Sid.

Whether or not Sid is excited by the prospect of whites joining all other races as minorities in the US, there is clearly a segment of the US right wing which is terrified by that. Just this week we are seeing Steve King FINALLY being called out by his GOP colleagues (what took them so long??), even as Trump tries to feign ignorance of who King is despite previously stating outright and also demonstrating by his own independent statements and actions that he agrees with much of what King espouses.

This was a question for Sid. Of course you try to deflect and protect his ignorance.
Trump 2020. Making America Greater Again

Dolph1

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 15, 2019, 04:26:59 PM
For his next trick, Adolph1 will disprove General Relativity using a slide rule and the "lie lies lies" defense.

You mean it's a bit like that trick where I have to pretend the woman having an abortion isn't a murderer?

Dolph1

sid waddell

Bump for Sid.

In principle I couldn't give a shit whether whites become a minority in the US or not (they will - it's a mathematical fact on current patterns), but I do find the fact that the Trumpbots are petrified by such to be highly amusing. Of course the reason they're petrified is that their whole sense of identity depends on whites having a higher status than other racial or ethnic groups.

To be honest, if whites in the US continue to embrace such regressive, backward, hate-filled politics in the numbers that they're doing, the prospect of them becoming a minority has to be warmly welcomed.

Dolph1

Quote from: sid waddell on January 15, 2019, 06:19:20 PM

Bump for Sid.

In principle I couldn't give a shit whether whites become a minority in the US or not (they will - it's a mathematical fact on current patterns), but I do find the fact that the Trumpbots are petrified by such to be highly amusing. Of course the reason they're petrified is that their whole sense of identity depends on whites having a higher status than other racial or ethnic groups.

To be honest, if whites in the US continue to embrace such regressive, backward, hate-filled politics in the numbers that they're doing, the prospect of them becoming a minority has to be warmly welcomed.

You say you don't give a shit but you brought it up as a talking point.

It must be awful to go through life with such a sense of low self-worth and a disturbing level of self-loathing.

whitey

Quote from: sid waddell on January 15, 2019, 06:19:20 PM

Bump for Sid.

So is that "all" whites.

The "whites" you've personally spoken to

The "whites" who were polled in some survey you've dissected

Or is it just some low information soundbite you picked up somewhere in your travels

sid waddell

whitey - learn to read, mate, because you're doing yourself no favours with your spectacular comprehension fails and shrieking desperation to take offence at perfectly reasonable posts.

whitey

Quote from: sid waddell on January 15, 2019, 08:08:25 PM
whitey - learn to read, mate, because you're doing yourself no favours with your spectacular comprehension fails and shrieking desperation to take offence at perfectly reasonable posts.

How many "white" citizens of the States have you actually spoken to in the past 12 months?

sid waddell

Quote from: Dolph1 on January 15, 2019, 06:33:02 PM

It must be awful to go through life with such a sense of low self-worth and a disturbing level of self-loathing.
It must be. Any chance you might tell us what it feels like, given that you so obviously experience such?

sid waddell

Quote from: whitey on January 15, 2019, 09:16:23 PM

How many "white" citizens of the States have you actually spoken to in the past 12 months?
Plenty, not that it's relevant, because it isn't. I often wonder how many people you speak to. I assume it's not many because you're so obviously trapped in your own little far right echo chamber.

The data backs me up, by the way.

Adolph's little outburst when confronted with some home truths explicitly backs me up.

The reality of who votes for who in US politics backs me up.

Trump supporters like yourself suffer from "white minority derangement syndrome".

Dolph1

Quote from: sid waddell on January 15, 2019, 09:18:51 PM

It must be. Any chance you might tell us what it feels like, given that you so obviously experience such?

Come up with something original Sid. That's the sort of response you expect from an 8 year old. You and Eamonnca1 must be swapping notes at elementary school.

Since you are celebrating it, how about explaining how whites being a minority will benefit the US.
Or is this just a case of wanting to be a minority so you can pretend you are oppressed and gain victim status?
Democrats love nothing more than playing the victim.

whitey

Quote from: sid waddell on January 15, 2019, 09:35:09 PM

Plenty, not that it's relevant, because it isn't. I often wonder how many people you speak to. I assume it's not many because you're so obviously trapped in your own little far right echo chamber.

Adolph's little outburst when confronted with some home truths explicitly backs me up.

Trump supporters like yourself suffer from "white minority derangement syndrome".

I'm a conservative, but not a Trump supporter.  I obviously agree with Trump on things like taxes and regulation and the need for border security, but that's about it

I would love to see tha "data" that backs up all these one in one conversations you had where supposedly "whites in the US continue to embrace such regressive, backward, hate-filled politics in the numbers that they're doing"

sid waddell

Quote from: Dolph1 on January 15, 2019, 09:53:02 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on January 15, 2019, 09:18:51 PM

Come up with something original Sid. That's the sort of response you expect from an 8 year old. You and Eamonnca1 must be swapping notes at elementary school.

Since you are celebrating it, how about explaining how whites being a minority will benefit the US.
Or is this just a case of wanting to be a minority so you can pretend you are oppressed and gain victim status?
Democrats love nothing more than playing the victim.
You're projecting again.  ;D

How does whites being a majority benefit the US?

Whites being a minority would of course benefit the US because the current white majority tends to vote in larger numbers for deeply regressive, racist, kleptocratic politics.

A majority-minority situation would mean that such politics could likely never again win. That would be great thing.

You do realise by engaging with me in such a hostile manner on this subject you're only proving me right, yes?  ;D

sid waddell

Quote from: whitey on January 15, 2019, 10:02:48 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on January 15, 2019, 09:35:09 PM

I'm a conservative, but not a Trump supporter.  I obviously agree with Trump on things like taxes and regulation and the need for border security, but that's about it

I would love to see tha "data" that backs up all these one in one conversations you had where supposedly "whites in the US continue to embrace such regressive, backward, hate-filled politics in the numbers that they're doing"
Lolzers, nobody takes you remotely seriously when say you aren't a Trump supporter. You're a classic fearful, insular Trump-supporting bigot.

Sure thing on the data.

http://www.news.ucsb.edu/2016/017338/threatened-diversity
https://www.pnas.org/content/115/19/E4330
https://www.prri.org/research/white-working-class-attitudes-economy-trade-immigration-election-donald-trump/
https://www.vox.com/identities/2017/12/15/16781222/trump-racism-economic-anxiety-study
https://www.vox.com/identities/2017/12/15/16781222/trump-racism-economic-anxiety-study
https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/ps-political-science-and-politics/article/explaining-the-trump-vote-the-effect-of-racist-resentment-and-antiimmigrant-sentiments/537A8ABA46783791BFF4E2E36B90C0BE/core-reader

Care to explain to me why minorities, especially blacks, have pretty much completely abandoned the Republican party?

Care to explain to me why the crowds at Trump's Nuremberg-style rallies are universally white?

These are rhetorical questions, by the way.

You are living in a fantasy land.