The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Quote from: laoislad on January 20, 2018, 12:00:10 AM
Seamus Coleman.

Had no idea what you were on about here. Completely forgot he was loaned to Blackpool. Google is my friend.

Also think I badly misunderstood the initial question/proposition. Never mind!

Owenmoresider

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 22, 2018, 08:57:43 PM
Delle Ali
Wasn't he bought from MK Dons and immediately loaned back to them for the rest of the season though? £5m was a steal when you look back at it.

J70

Quote from: JoG2 on January 22, 2018, 11:14:28 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 22, 2018, 10:13:22 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on January 22, 2018, 09:59:29 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 22, 2018, 09:57:14 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 22, 2018, 09:53:18 PM
Beat the best team in the league Manchester City in the last game scoring 4 goals, tonight beaten by the worst team in the league and failed to score. That type of inconsistency must drive Liverpool supporters mad.

As Laoislad says, it's how they respond. Most of the big teams have lost games like this this season. Get back to winning and scoring and it will be forgotten quickly enough.

Some performance by Swansea.
[/b]

Big time, they were excellent

Their defending as a team was excellent other than that? scored from their only chance which Liverpool defended poorly on and only had 28% possession of the ball. Coutinho badly missed there tonight he could have prized open that well organized Swansea defence who will be brought in to replace him?

The rose tinted glasses.. Has the 'parking the bus' teams not been Liverpool achilles heel for quite some time now?

To a much lesser extent this year than previous.

Farrandeelin

Where is Stallion? He'd have a field day today.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Hound

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on January 23, 2018, 10:58:15 AM
I think Coutinhos abilty to pull a goal out of absolutely nowhere will be mnissed more so than the ability to open up defences. All top 5 teams bar City at the top showing the same level of inconsistency.
Be a great league if City weren't so good!

We've had our fair share of games that Countinho played where we couldn't break down a blanket defence also (West Brom 0-0 the last one). I haven't looked it up, but I'd imagine its been a lot more Salah this year than Countinho who's been the one to produce a bit of magic to break a deadlock. Its definitely happened far less often than previous years so important to bounce back next time.

Small positives from the game were VVD. He really looks top drawer. I know the goal wasn't great but that was because of the other 3 muppets jumping for the ball and getting in his way. At least 2 of them should have realised it was over their head so the second ball should have been their focus. Also it was the first good cameo Lallana had since returning from injury.

I though Klopp erred in taking off Ox. He's actually surprisingly good with dead ball deliveries, and we definitely missed that, plus he was contributing more than Can and Wijnaldum anyway. Can was like the lad made of out bricks from X-Men or Fantastic Four. He was charging around everywhere giving it his absolute all, but anytime the ball came in contact with him it could have gone anywhere! And Wijnaldum was strolling around avoid responsibility. Contributed absolutely nothing. Finally, Robertson was very frustrating. Got the ball in good position in the left wing time after time, but always refused to try and take on a man, hitting it backwards instead. Have a go chap! 

Maroon Manc

Replacing Coutinho like for like isn't possible for Liverpool and getting a player near that quality is clearly going to be difficult. Liverpool would be better of buying a centre forward who offers something totally different to what they've got, someone tall with a physical presence. Liverpool all too often struggle with teams like Swansea who defend very deep and quite narrow.

City don't need someone like that because they've got more quality coming from midfield and of the bench.

Armamike

Quote from: Hound on January 24, 2018, 10:04:34 AM
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on January 23, 2018, 10:58:15 AM
I think Coutinhos abilty to pull a goal out of absolutely nowhere will be mnissed more so than the ability to open up defences. All top 5 teams bar City at the top showing the same level of inconsistency.
Be a great league if City weren't so good!

We've had our fair share of games that Countinho played where we couldn't break down a blanket defence also (West Brom 0-0 the last one). I haven't looked it up, but I'd imagine its been a lot more Salah this year than Countinho who's been the one to produce a bit of magic to break a deadlock. Its definitely happened far less often than previous years so important to bounce back next time.

Small positives from the game were VVD. He really looks top drawer. I know the goal wasn't great but that was because of the other 3 muppets jumping for the ball and getting in his way. At least 2 of them should have realised it was over their head so the second ball should have been their focus. Also it was the first good cameo Lallana had since returning from injury.

I though Klopp erred in taking off Ox. He's actually surprisingly good with dead ball deliveries, and we definitely missed that, plus he was contributing more than Can and Wijnaldum anyway. Can was like the lad made of out bricks from X-Men or Fantastic Four. He was charging around everywhere giving it his absolute all, but anytime the ball came in contact with him it could have gone anywhere! And Wijnaldum was strolling around avoid responsibility. Contributed absolutely nothing. Finally, Robertson was very frustrating. Got the ball in good position in the left wing time after time, but always refused to try and take on a man, hitting it backwards instead. Have a go chap!

Agreed. He didn't want to get down the line at all and get in a cross for some reason. Maybe lack of options in the box, but it was frustrating to see that.  Played right in to Swansea's hands. Either Salah or Mane needed to hug the other touchline.  We had 3 players in there competing for the same space in the centre.
That's just, like your opinion man.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 24, 2018, 11:01:07 AM
Replacing Coutinho like for like isn't possible for Liverpool and getting a player near that quality is clearly going to be difficult. Liverpool would be better of buying a centre forward who offers something totally different to what they've got, someone tall with a physical presence. Liverpool all too often struggle with teams like Swansea who defend very deep and quite narrow.

City don't need someone like that because they've got more quality coming from midfield and of the bench.

Yeah someone like Andy Carroll would be good.......  :D
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Avondhu star

Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 24, 2018, 02:47:25 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 24, 2018, 11:01:07 AM

Yeah someone like Andy Carroll would be good.......  :D
Yeah. He would be a good role model for Flanagan
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

heganboy

so were you sitting there for a few days thinking to yourself, I'm going to get a Flanagan joke in there on the Liverpool thread?
and you waited, and you waited, and you waited, and you couldn't think of anything.

And then you just couldn't hold it in any longer and BAM- off it went, whatever post it was in went the Flanagan jab.

That showed 'em!

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Milltown Row2

Quote from: heganboy on January 25, 2018, 01:11:12 PM
so were you sitting there for a few days thinking to yourself, I'm going to get a Flanagan joke in there on the Liverpool thread?
and you waited, and you waited, and you waited, and you couldn't think of anything.

And then you just couldn't hold it in any longer and BAM- off it went, whatever post it was in went the Flanagan jab.

That showed 'em!

Couldnt be any worse than the muppets saying Neville is a sexist on the Everton thread, based on those tweets i saw he's not a sexist, i'd say they were done in jest
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

StGallsGAA

The addition of Van Dick has really tightened up your defence!   ;D ;D

AZOffaly

Shambolic. Absolutely shambolic. I'm starting to think Matip is a large part of the problem.

Boycey

Liverpool will concede another before going mental and winning 6-4.. you heard it here first!

StGallsGAA

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 27, 2018, 08:45:01 PM
Shambolic. Absolutely shambolic. I'm starting to think Matip is a large part of the problem.
+2