China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

quit yo jibbajabba

That articles dated 30 June hopefully not an issue or we'd know about it by now? I can only deal with one pandemic at a time

Smurfy123

Deaths have stayed the same
Unsure about the testing
Genuine question
Personally I think lockdown slows the hospital admissions down so ultimately that's what they are looking
Sounds like a total lockdown in January
I think they could close certain things which would be better
Pubs and bars looks like March
Retail maybe closed for 4 weeks
Restaurants and cafes 4 weeks
Schools 2 weeks in January
Gyms and outdoor sports?? That's a tricky one

imtommygunn

Tests seem to vary per day. Some days there are lower than 5k. It seems to move towards plateauing between 8 to 9k from what I see.

Interestingly 8k more individuals were tested this week (over last week) with ~39k being tested.

Someone was saying the other day that they are now making a distinction between aerobic and non aerobic exercise (e.g. Pilates / yoga).

I imagine the whole thing is stuffed in January. We all joked about Christmas off as we didn't think they'd be that ridiculous but it beginning to appear that is the case...

bennydorano

Pretty damming Insight article in today's  Sunday Times about the UK Government approach to the second wave. Its a pity the masses don't see this reporting on a regular basis.

Sunak is not going to come out of this the blue eyed boy he went into as, altho as I was reading it I was wary it could be briefing against him. Cummings comes across as very much on the right side of the scientific argument and it alludes to the fact that this hastened his departure. Bojo is just a muppet.

armaghniac

It is notable in that article how numbers in hospital in NI and Wales are twice as high as in April.
Covid doesn't pay any heed to the needs of politicians.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Cunny Funt

Weekly update for the ROI. Better this week but I'm not sure where the 429 cases came from today?

Cases 1984 (65 less than last week)
Reported Deaths 28 (21 less than last week)

In hospital 193 (38 less than last week)
In ICU 31 (3 more than a week ago)

armaghniac

This may be as low as things get for now. However, if the rate of increase is kept down there is a bit of headroom over the holidays. NI with 4 times the rate has no headroom, hence they are now talking about closing up again after Xmas.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Olly

I went to the doctor for a postcovid checkup last month and he stuck his finger up my hole , is this normal?
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

quit yo jibbajabba

If it was just the one i had same so nothing to be concerned about no matter what the scientists on here tell you

BennyCake

Quote from: Olly on December 13, 2020, 06:45:25 PM
I went to the doctor for a postcovid checkup last month and he stuck his finger up my hole , is this normal?

You're in there, Olly  ;)

Olly

I was shocked but have had three check ups since
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

quit yo jibbajabba

Did he cup the nads at the same time

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: armaghniac on December 13, 2020, 06:34:26 PM
This may be as low as things get for now. However, if the rate of increase is kept down there is a bit of headroom over the holidays. NI with 4 times the rate has no headroom, hence they are now talking about closing up again after Xmas.

Holidays won't be as bad as we think I suspect. Lots of towns aren't opening for business in Mid Ulster anyway (Gastro Bars).

Assuming there will be a rise of parties as a result of course. What can the police do? Can hardly expect them to drive around listening for noise.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on December 14, 2020, 10:01:17 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on December 13, 2020, 06:34:26 PM

Holidays won't be as bad as we think I suspect. Lots of towns aren't opening for business in Mid Ulster anyway (Gastro Bars).

Assuming there will be a rise of parties as a result of course. What can the police do? Can hardly expect them to drive around listening for noise.

Seems neighbours are calling the cops, so plenty will be broken up.

We'll be having the quietest Xmas ever! Normally a huge deal for family but it'll be a bit strange this time round.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea