The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Trump 2016
'Anyone who takes the 5th Amendment, disgraceful',  'horrible people' 

Trump 2022
"invoked his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination".
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-62494861

J70

Quote from: whitey on August 11, 2022, 04:05:29 PM
Quote from: J70 on August 11, 2022, 03:19:44 PM
Quote from: whitey on August 11, 2022, 03:07:00 PM
If Trump broke the law, I'm all for prosecuting him to the Nth degree

But prosecuting someone because you don't like their politics is absolutely outrageous

And that is what this looks like because that's exactly what she ran on

Whereas here in NY we look at it as a diligent and gutsy prosecutor, the same one who went after the very powerful governor from her OWN party (while HIS minions made similar proclamations to yourself about her integrity), as simply doing her job and trying to hold a very corrupt man to account when an entire national political party is prostrate on the ground in front of him.

How many other real estate developers is she currently investigating for tax fraud or is Trump the only one?

If Trump is the only one-then that's a politically motivated investigation/prosecution and EVERYONE should be outraged about that.

Weaponizing your office to target political opponents and adversaries is grounds for impeachment and removal

She as much as Sadi that's what she planned on doing in her election manifesto

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/04/10/politics/letitia-tish-james-new-york-attorney-general-trump/index.html

Weaponizing??  ;D

Impeachment??  ;D

How many of those other real estate developers were investigated by Congress where evidence of potential serious fraud was presented by their former right hand man/fixer, and had their accounting firm disavow a decade of financial statements?

You think those types of revelations should just be allowed to fade away into the night, especially when the President in question point blank refuses to lift the lid on his finances like every other president (and candidate) of either party in recent history?

Like I said, she was elected to do the business of the people of New York.

whitey

Stick to the facts

She's targeting him because he's a Republican and she's not investigating any other real estate developers

Wait until the shoe is on the other foot and you'll be singing a different tune

Gabriel_Hurl

Gmac

Quote from: whitey on August 11, 2022, 05:21:00 PM
Stick to the facts

She's targeting him because he's a Republican and she's not investigating any other real estate developers

Trump was impeached for suggesting zelensky take a look at what Hunter and joe Biden were doing in Ukraine but it's fine for the FBI to raid the house of a political opponent of the president ?  isn't joe supposed to have the final say and commander in chief , so who does the buck stop with , joe ? Garland ?l or the fake kidnap fbi guy from Michigan hoax . Who ordered the raid

J70

Stick to the facts

Go ahead whitey and show me where I've objected to corruption or corrupt politicians being investigated. Its not like there aren't plenty of Democratic politicians who have been caught up in this stuff.

On the other hand, YOU, who are always so adamant and opinionated in ascribing the worst possible motives to anything the Dems (or the media) do, even mistakenly (even when its not even clear if its the Dems or the GOP who are responsible e.g. the Alito leak), seem fairly determined to let Trump off as easily as possible, to the point where it appears you DO think that revelations about Trump SHOULD be just allowed to scatter in the wind.

I presume you also object then to the investigation in Georgia into Trump's attempts to subvert the election down there? After all it was precipitated by released audio of phone calls and so on.

J70

Quote from: Gmac on August 11, 2022, 05:31:45 PM
Stick to the facts

Trump was impeached for suggesting zelensky take a look at what Hunter and joe Biden were doing in Ukraine but it's fine for the FBI to raid the house of a political opponent of the president ?  isn't joe supposed to have the final say and commander in chief , so who does the buck stop with , joe ? Garland ?l or the fake kidnap fbi guy from Michigan hoax . Who ordered the raid

"Suggestion"? ;D ;D ;D

Trump was impeached for trying to blackmail extort Zelensky into digging up dirt on Biden for Trump's personal political benefit.

J70

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 11, 2022, 05:25:09 PM
Leave poor Donald alone guys  :'(

Sure its only official marked documents, maybe only some of them classified.

Its not like we're talking about emails. ;)

You'd wonder why Trump hasn't released the warrant at this point if its so outrageous.

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on August 11, 2022, 05:55:16 PM
Stick to the facts

"Suggestion"? ;D ;D ;D

Trump was impeached for trying to blackmail extort Zelensky into digging up dirt on Biden for Trump's personal political benefit.
j70 I see that racist mayor of NY wants to bus migrants back down to the border , do you agree with this ?

J70

Quote from: Gmac on August 11, 2022, 06:12:03 PM
Quote from: J70 on August 11, 2022, 05:55:16 PM
Stick to the facts

"Suggestion"? ;D ;D ;D

j70 I see that racist mayor of NY wants to bus migrants back down to the border , do you agree with this ?

1. Changing the subject? ;)
2. On what basis are you calling Eric Adams a racist?
3. I've not seen any comment by Adams that he is going to send the migrants back to Texas. I expect he doesn't see them as political footballs rather than human beings, unlike Greg Abbott, but please correct me if I'm wrong.
4. I have seen comments from Adams stating he will send a busload of NYers down there to campaign against Abbott. Not much wrong with that.

Eamonnca1

This is from 1969 to 2017, it's hard to get up-to-date figures because it was so hard to keep up with it under Trump's admin.

Gabriel_Hurl

Well the AG is about to talk on this now - we'll see what happens

Eamonnca1

Here you go, for the benefit of the "both parties are just as corrupt" crowd:

Eamonnca1

30,573. The number of lies told by President Trump.

Conservatives be like: "Yeah, but what about that one time Bill Clinton told a lie? Both sides are just as bad."

Gmac

Not much from garland , if trump has a brain he would hardly leave anything hanging around there that would incriminate him in anything. Looks like a "tip off" set the ball rolling and let's see what they got
My opinion is they wanted a warrant to ransack the place and see if they could find or if not plant something anything that might finally get trump . As a side note the judge who signed the search warrant had recused himself from a Hillary Clinton v Trump lawsuit before on the grounds that he could not be impartial to Trump because of his dislike of him , funny how they found him .