TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Wecrashed on Apple, about the rise and fall of wework and its founders is excellent.

Taylor

Quote from: gallsman on March 22, 2022, 08:19:06 AM
Wecrashed on Apple, about the rise and fall of wework and its founders is excellent.

Is it a series?

Watched the film on Amazon about it  :o

Tony Baloney

Quote from: gallsman on March 22, 2022, 08:19:06 AM
Cheers! Forgot this was coming out. I'm hoping the presence of Anne Hathaway counters the presence of Jared Leto. I see it has had good reviews.

JoG2

Quote from: johnnycool on March 21, 2022, 04:16:36 PM
Quote from: clarshack on March 21, 2022, 03:40:29 PM
Our House starring Martin Compston - the storyline was far fetched, bordering on the ridiculous really.

very much so.

Sat through it and wondered why at the end!

Brutal. 4 episodes, haddy see it through

gallsman

Yes it's a series. First 3 episodes are out and then one every Friday. You can watch the first one for free without signing up to a free trial if you haven't used it up yet. Quality of it on my IPTV isn't great.

Leto is mesmerising in it in fairness to him.

screenexile

Watched the first 2 episodes of Reacher last night and quite enjoyed them.

It's no masterpiece and it's averagely acted but it's funny and entertaining in parts, I'm looking forward to finishing it. One of the few things I watch that my wife is enjoying too!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: screenexile on March 22, 2022, 01:30:13 PM
Watched the first 2 episodes of Reacher last night and quite enjoyed them.

It's no masterpiece and it's averagely acted but it's funny and entertaining in parts, I'm looking forward to finishing it. One of the few things I watch that my wife is enjoying too!

And why is she enjoying it?  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

I looked on IMDB to see what Reacher had done himself previously. His biggest role seemed to be playing Raphael in one the latest teenage mutant ninja turtle films  ;D

Reacher seems pretty good though. Five episodes in and enjoying it.

screenexile

I'd seen him before in Smallville and Blue Mountain State.

He was good at playing the jock in BMS... Thad Castle was a great name!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: screenexile on March 22, 2022, 01:43:48 PM
I'd seen him before in Smallville and Blue Mountain State.

He was good at playing the jock in BMS... Thad Castle was a great name!
You do realise your missus is watching it and comparing you to Reacher with his shirt off (which is fairly often!)?!  ;D

It's actually pretty decent. When I started watching I thought it felt like a souped up version of The A Team (look it up kids), but it's much better.

screenexile

If you can get over your own feelings of physical inferiority and sadness at the shape of her man then it's a good watch...

My wife has all she could ever wish for with me... or so she says 😳😳

Jell 0 Biafra

New season of Top Boy on Netflix is excellent.  Great show.

gawa316

Watched Vikings spin-off, Vikings Valhalla 1st season...loved it

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gawa316 on March 30, 2022, 04:58:39 AM

Was a bit ropey at the start with the acting but got a lot better as it developed.. looking forward to the second series,

Finished Last Kingdom lately also.. pretty good too
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tbrick18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 30, 2022, 12:55:35 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on March 30, 2022, 04:58:39 AM

Was a bit ropey at the start with the acting but got a lot better as it developed.. looking forward to the second series,

Finished Last Kingdom lately also.. pretty good too

Haven't started Viking Valhalla yet, will give it a go.
I liked Last Kingdom alright, but the monologues "Destiny is all" stuff was a bit cringeworthy I thought.
I bit rushed at the end too.