TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 07, 2022, 07:29:46 AM
Pam and Tommy....
Pretty sure I saw that on a burned DVD 20 years ago.  ;)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 07, 2022, 09:47:49 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 07, 2022, 07:29:46 AM
Pam and Tommy....
Pretty sure I saw that on a burned DVD 20 years ago.  ;)

Well they have brought it back to life! Tommy and his talking todger
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trileacman

Have to disagree with regards the mando. Watched season 2 eps 1 and basically he travels to a planets to find a guy, he's not there so he kills a big worm to fill screen time and leaves. So despite the hour the plot is basically exactly where it f**king started.

Jesus I know they're leaning heavily on all the "space western" guff but at this stage it's basically "Rawhide" on Mars. It does have its moments and is a real visual treat which I why I stuck with it this far but my patience is wearing thin. Much like the plot.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

thewobbler

Quote from: trileacman on February 07, 2022, 11:20:11 PM
Have to disagree with regards the mando. Watched season 2 eps 1 and basically he travels to a planets to find a guy, he's not there so he kills a big worm to fill screen time and leaves. So despite the hour the plot is basically exactly where it f**king started.

Jesus I know they're leaning heavily on all the "space western" guff but at this stage it's basically "Rawhide" on Mars. It does have its moments and is a real visual treat which I why I stuck with it this far but my patience is wearing thin. Much like the plot.

Stick with it. It's a bit like the A Team at the start of s2, but it starts to knit together by the half way point and finishes on a close to unscalable high.

ziggy90

Murphy's Stroke.
One of the best shows I've seen. A bunch of Cork "business men" plan a coup against the London bookies. Set in the 70's and made in the 80's. The picture quality is rubbish but that's more than made up by the (true) story.

https://youtu.be/23-VQNQa4Tg
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

quit yo jibbajabba

Smother? What yis thinkin? Ive seen better but ive seen worse too..

Milltown Row2

Puppet Master and the tinder swindler on Netflix. There are seriously fucked up people

bennydorano

Never mind all the streaming sites, some of the best shows this winter have been on regular TV, This is going to hurt on BBC is another clinker (comedy drama about the NHS), still can't get Responder out of my head, it was 1st class.

HiMucker

Started watching snowfall. Very good so far.

thewobbler

1883 dipped to just pretty decent TV for a couple of weeks, but episode 9 is as good as anything I've seen in years.

screenexile

Watched the Responder and while it started very well it lost its way at the end I felt and kind of fizzled out. No doubt about the acting though it was superb throughout just the storyline was a bit lacking I thought.

Watched the first 2 episodes of This is Going to Hurt and enjoyed them so far I hope it continues like that although it is quite grim!

Denn Forever

The book is funny and the sequel is more of the same so the writers have loads of material.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Harold Disgracey

Watched All of Us are Dead on Netflix, a Korean high school zombie thriller. Thought it was very good.

lurganblue

Finished Inventing Anna on Netflix. I've mixed feeling on this. Watchable but not a classic.