TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: bennydorano on March 29, 2017, 05:46:22 PM
Wolf Cola, the official drink of Boko Garam.  Sunny is just class.
Will need to get back at it again. Watched a few series on your recommendation a couple of years back.

The Stallion

Quote from: tyrone girl on March 29, 2017, 02:05:06 PM
Anyone watched Twin Peaks? Wondered if its worth viewing in time for the next one and if so would it be on kodi?

The first series and the final episode are up there with the greatest TV ever made in my opinion. Lost it's way for a lot of the second series but the finale was great.

5 Sams

Repeats of Car Share on BBC at the minute...Peter Kay...v v v funny...new series coming up soon.
The Aristocrat Years

macdanger2

Quote from: leenie on March 02, 2017, 08:51:14 AM
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but currently on BBC I player under the Storyville collection the is a documentary called Death on a Staircase..... it's 8 episodes but throughly mersmerizing.. I do believe I was the first to reccommend making a murderer, so those who enjoyed that will also like this..  I'm still thinking about it..

P.s give yourself an evening because it's non stop viewing

DO NOT GOOGLE UNTIL WATCHED

Just finished it this evening, very good although clearly biased in the same way making a murderer is  - on KODI, the series is called "the staircase" There's two additional episodes from 2013 also.

lurganblue

Quote from: JoG2 on March 28, 2017, 11:48:57 AM
The last few episodes of Billions have been very good.

Designated Survivor is back after a mid-season break and is motoring along nicely.

The Walking Dead on the other hand is dragging like buck (haven't missed a single minute though!). 16 episodes / season could be halved to 8 to keep the action levels up.

I wasnt overly impressed with the 1st series but i went along with it anyway. 2nd series is much much better!

tyrone girl

Cant find this Death on a staircase on sky. Went into iplayer and the documentary section and no sign of it. Also done a search. Anyone any ideas?

Zulu

tyrone girl

Tried there last night and couldnt find it. Also hit the blue button and done a search and when i typed that in it didnt come up.

Zulu

Search for Storyville on BBC iplayer, I just checked and it's still there along with other great documentaries.

bennydorano

What's it's official title in the Storyville series? I've looked numerous times for this & can't find it either.

bennydorano

Is it the one about death of Novelist Michael Peterson's wife?

leenie

You need to go to the a-z section in documentaries and go down to Storyville . You'll see there is 30 in that section and scroll down and you'll find it, it is in 8 episodes..

I would also recommend American justice which is on I player, 2 episodes in ,
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Tony Baloney

tyrone girl

Happy days  cos the storyville part i was seeing only seemed to be an actual show in itself rather than opening into a lot more. Didnt go through the A-Z so will try it tonight cheers.

Main Street

Probably I'm the only person I know that has plowed a furrow through the original Australian tv drama, Prisoner Cell Block H, all 695 episodes (a lighthouse keeper's luxury).
There's a more modern interpretation and up-scaled version of the basic theme called Wentworth Prison http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2433738/.
It's excellent,  no more does one have to endure sets falling apart, 'it's a wrap' single take scenes and actors/actresses turning up in later seasons in another role with a very fake looking mustache or wig.