TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: screenexile on January 20, 2016, 03:02:10 PM
Finished Deutschland 83 last night. Excellent bit of TV, gripping entertaining,well acted and a great storyline which doesn't get too carried away with itself. If you have a spare 6 hours I'd highly recommend it!!!
Hadn't seen anyone else mention it on here so thought I was the only one watching it!
Excellent TV is right.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on January 20, 2016, 03:42:16 PM
Finished Deutschland 83 last night. Excellent bit of TV, gripping entertaining,well acted and a great storyline which doesn't get too carried away with itself. If you have a spare 6 hours I'd highly recommend it!!!
Hadn't seen anyone else mention it on here so thought I was the only one watching it!
Excellent TV is right.
Have been watching it on tv. Highlight so far is the lake scene. Laoislad will know what I'm on about as I'd say it was rewound and paused a few times.  ;D

armaghniac

Quote from: hardstation on January 22, 2016, 11:44:24 PM
Has anyone stuck with Rebellion? Watched the 1st one. Seems shite. Rest recorded. Mightn't bother. Should I?

2nd episode more shite than 1st, 3rd picked up a bit.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ziggy90

Excellent TV is right.

Plus 1. You're not alone Laoislad.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Hardy

Quote from: ziggy90 on January 23, 2016, 09:51:15 AM
Excellent TV is right.

Plus 1. You're not alone Laoislad.

Just watched the first episode. Very good so far.

Main Street

This might be interesting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aivbkc24Hq4#t=10

Vinyl - Martin Scorsese HBO mini series on a period of time in the life of the Rolling Stones 1974.
starts mid Feb

Though personally I have little interest in watching excesses of sex and drugs, therefore  I may be disappointed with it. I'd be mainly interested in the music from their first period from '64 to '72

ziggy90

Quote from: Main Street on January 30, 2016, 09:33:47 PM

Vinyl - Martin Scorsese HBO mini series on a period of time in the life of the Rolling Stones 1974.
starts mid Feb

Though personally I have little interest in watching excesses of sex and drugs, therefore  I may be disappointed with it. I'd be mainly interested in the music from their first period from '64 to '72

What channel's it on?

Main Street

Quote from: ziggy90 on January 31, 2016, 10:02:17 AM
Quote from: Main Street on January 30, 2016, 09:33:47 PM

starts mid Feb

What channel's it on?
ep 1 of 10
starts Sky Atlantic on February 15

blewuporstuffed

Just finished the first series of Peaky Blinders , which I though was very good.
Apparently the second series is better again, so looking forward to getting stuck into it.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

AZOffaly

What's Peaky Blinders about? I'm just finishing off the last series on Sky Go of Elementary, which was enjoyably naff. I'm watching Justified, which is brilliant still, but I'm looking for something else to replace the Elementary void when I'm travelling. Justified is the home with the missus, in front of the fire with a beer, programme.

JoG2

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 01, 2016, 04:35:26 PM
What's Peaky Blinders about? I'm just finishing off the last series on Sky Go of Elementary, which was enjoyably naff. I'm watching Justified, which is brilliant still, but I'm looking for something else to replace the Elementary void when I'm travelling. Justified is the home with the missus, in front of the fire with a beer, programme.

Banshee if you haven't already seen it.  Great show

ziggy90

Set In Birmingham after WW1, it's  about Brummie and Cockley gangsters with a few IRA characters thrown in for luck. It really is very good if a bit 'off the wall'.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: ziggy90 on February 01, 2016, 07:42:36 PM

Set In Birmingham after WW1, it's  about Brummie and Cockley gangsters with a few IRA characters thrown in for luck. It really is very good if a bit 'off the wall'.

Think Love Hate set in 1919  ???
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Main Street

A 10 part drama Trapped, located in a remote town in east coast Iceland will be shown by BBC 4 soon (mid feb?).

http://nordicnoir.tv/news/new-bbcfour-trailer-for-trapped-released/
It's exceptionally well directed by Baltasar Kormakur, and set in a remote town locked in the throes of persistent snow storms.
Typically there are a few swings in the plot as the who-done-it shifts focus.

nrico2006

New show Limitless (based on the film) looks good.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'