TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Quote from: Hardy on January 11, 2016, 09:33:30 AM
What did we think of Rebellion?

See my comment above.  Could well be  the worst hour of TV I've ever endured. 

On a brighter note,  Blacklist is back and is heating up nicely.  Red is some boy 

Longshanks

I like the blacklist, not maybe a tv show you have to think about the most but enjoyable none the less.

On the last few episodes of Jessica Jones, actually surpried how much I have enjoyed it, fairly dark at times and Tennant is great in it!

Hardy

Quote from: JoG2 on January 11, 2016, 10:59:34 AM

Ah - missed that.  :D :D

I only saw a half hour of it due to the higher priority rating of a couple of pints, but I don't think I can top your comment.

laoislad

On a brighter note,  Blacklist is back and is heating up nicely.  Red is some boy
I thought the first episode was OK, I thought last nights episode was horrendously bad.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Hereiam

This show is absolute rubbish. Doesn't reflect the time or situation at all. Will not be watching any more of it.

armaghniac

Quote from: laoislad on January 11, 2016, 11:19:46 AM

I thought the first episode was OK, I thought last nights episode was horrendously bad.

Decent start, but it definitely slipped a bit on episode 2.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

JoG2

watched the first 2 episodes of Making a Murderer last night. Very very good.

JoG2

2 episodes to go in Making a Murderer.  Amazing documentary.  Today FM made some hash of spoiling it this morning!

Main Street

Deutchland 83 is an 8  part series. An east german kid soldier is sent into the west to gather information from the hapless upper echelons of NATO
The 3rd part is on  CH4 tonight
The series painstakingly depicts  the period  down to a tee. I like this type of stuff, well made accurate drama about history and is subtitled.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: JoG2 on January 15, 2016, 10:09:33 AM
2 episodes to go in Making a Murderer.  Amazing documentary.  Today FM made some hash of spoiling it this morning!
Binge watched it over the weekend there. Up to episode 10 now, after only starting it on Friday.
Almost impossible to only watch one episode. Compelling stuff.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

screenexile

Quote from: Main Street on January 17, 2016, 08:45:41 PM
Deutchland 83 is an 8  part series. An east german kid soldier is sent into the west to gather information from the hapless upper echelons of NATO
The 3rd part is on  CH4 tonight
The series painstakingly depicts  the period  down to a tee. I like this type of stuff, well made accurate drama about history and is subtitled.

Watched the first 3 last night and think I'll try and stream the next few as I'm too impatient to wait for another 5 weeks. So far it's very good, interesting and enjoyable I'm looking forward to finishing it!

Walter Cronc

On season 3 of The Sopranos (yes I know)....

At what stage does it get really exciting? Don't get me wrong its very good but season 3 is dragging a bit!

gallsman

Quote from: Walter Cronc on January 19, 2016, 11:56:52 AM

At what stage does it get really exciting? Don't get me wrong its very good but season 3 is dragging a bit!

"Exciting" isn't the right word for it. It's more The Godfather than Top Gun.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: gallsman on January 19, 2016, 12:51:47 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on January 19, 2016, 11:56:52 AM

"Exciting" isn't the right word for it. It's more The Godfather than Top Gun.

Ha wrong turn of phrase....gripping??

screenexile

Finished Deutschland 83 last night. Excellent bit of TV, gripping entertaining,well acted and a great storyline which doesn't get too carried away with itself. If you have a spare 6 hours I'd highly recommend it!!!