TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quote from: BennyHarp on November 24, 2015, 09:49:47 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on November 17, 2015, 08:31:10 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on November 16, 2015, 11:41:09 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on November 03, 2015, 06:41:16 PM
The Leftover Series 2 - I dunno afuck what's going on half the time but it's compulsive viewing now, Series one was ok not great and I sorta dipped in and out of it.
My new favourite show

I have enjoyed Season 2 so far more than I did Season 1, been very good.

Well, the latest episode was a bit crazy!

Flipping love it though, but crazy stuff altogether. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

BennyHarp

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 25, 2015, 08:13:24 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on November 24, 2015, 09:49:47 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on November 17, 2015, 08:31:10 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on November 16, 2015, 11:41:09 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on November 03, 2015, 06:41:16 PM
The Leftover Series 2 - I dunno afuck what's going on half the time but it's compulsive viewing now, Series one was ok not great and I sorta dipped in and out of it.
My new favourite show

I have enjoyed Season 2 so far more than I did Season 1, been very good.

Well, the latest episode was a bit crazy!

Flipping love it though, but crazy stuff altogether.

Yes, I'm enjoying it too. The second series has been superb!
That was never a square ball!!

Don Johnson

Quote from: Max Payne on November 23, 2015, 07:04:53 PM
Anyone been watching the Amazon series The Man in the High Castle? Looks good going by the trailer

Watched the first episode of this last night. Really liked it, very good premise to the show (for those who don't know, it's set in 1962 America in al alternate world where they lost WW2, so the east coast is under Nazi control, the west is under Japanese control and there's a neutral area in the middle). Will fly through it in a week I think.

For those who don't have Amazon Prime, they do free trials on the website you can sign up to. Plus if you have already used your free trial like I had you can get another one if you have a student email address, I googled 'Amazon Student' and used my old Queens address to sign up to another 6 month free trial. Have to remember to cancel before the six months though to prevent being billed for the next 6 months.

laoislad

Quote from: Don Johnson on November 25, 2015, 08:45:02 AM
Anyone been watching the Amazon series The Man in the High Castle? Looks good going by the trailer

Watched the first episode of this last night. Really liked it, very good premise to the show (for those who don't know, it's set in 1962 America in al alternate world where they lost WW2, so the east coast is under Nazi control, the west is under Japanese control and there's a neutral area in the middle). Will fly through it in a week I think.

For those who don't have Amazon Prime, they do free trials on the website you can sign up to. Plus if you have already used your free trial like I had you can get another one if you have a student email address, I googled 'Amazon Student' and used my old Queens address to sign up to another 6 month free trial. Have to remember to cancel before the six months though to prevent being billed for the next 6 months.
Watched it myself last night. Good first episode, look forward to watching the rest of it.
Its up on Kodi so need for Amazon Prime.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

JoG2

Quote from: laoislad on November 26, 2015, 04:20:15 PM

Watched it myself last night. Good first episode, look forward to watching the rest of it.

Movie HD has the first 2 episodes as well

5 Sams

Anyone with access to BBC1 do yourselves a favour at half 9 tonight. Peter Kay's Car Share.
The Aristocrat Years

Don Johnson

Quote from: laoislad on November 26, 2015, 04:20:15 PM

The end of the second episode was a bit, weird.

turk

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 23, 2015, 04:36:14 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on November 23, 2015, 02:01:14 PM
Is Justified not on TG4 foe the last 2/3 years?

No idea. I never used to watch a lot of series. I didn't have the patience to wait until next week, so the boxsets on Netflix or Sky are a godsend to me. Anyway, I'm just into season 2 of it, and it's a great watch. I love the accent down around there as well.

I am finishing up series 1!

turk

Quote from: bennydorano on November 26, 2014, 05:44:30 PM
Downloaded Italian Mafioso drama Gomorrah & watched 12 episodes over 2/3 days. Superb stuff, withdrawal symptoms already. Hankering for Series 2.

Yes, this is absolutely excellent, agreed! I wonder will they repeat series 1 before they show 2. I would watch it again!

bennydorano

The Peep Show episode on Wed nite was comic genius at it's arse clenching best.

Syferus

Quote from: gallsman on November 23, 2015, 07:42:20 PM
Quote from: Syferus on November 04, 2015, 01:18:54 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on November 03, 2015, 11:00:43 PM
Im up to episode 4 of Mr Robot. Still undecided as to whether I like it or not. A bit strange at times but I want to watch on to see what happens.

It's fantastic. Best show of the year by some distance. The first tv show or film to actually deal with the real intracties of software programming, not bullshît mumbo-jumbo.

I get a kick out of that because I do it for a living but as a show and as a character piece it is fantastic outside its success in being both authentic and engaging in dealing with computing. It's shot beautifully too and the score is excellent.

Nah, it's not. It's Fight Club with a bit of tech. Interesting enough but the plot is all over the place.

Far from it. Particularly given how the season ended.

Plot was incredibly consistent too. Reviews have been through the roof so you're the outlier.

gallsman

Well, in that case, isn't it wonderful that these things are a matter of taste and opinion?

AFS

I'd agree with Gallsman about Mr. Robot. Loved the first episode and thought it was going to be something exceptional, but it never reached those heights again. The different plots strands didn't tie together at all well for me, and found a lot of the characters to be either boring or annoying (Darlene). The main fella was good and the weird Swedish couple were interesting enough. Probably entertaining enough to give the second series a go, though.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: bennydorano on November 28, 2015, 10:37:26 PM
The Peep Show episode on Wed nite was comic genius at it's arse clenching best.

The new series has been as good as ever
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Main Street

Fargo S2  just gets better and better.
Episode 8 brings it all up to speed.
Amongst a hundred other things in this episode, the Gerhard's Indian, Hanzee, offers a different slant to "Wounded Knee".