TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

themac_23

Quote from: general_lee on August 30, 2015, 10:33:55 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on August 30, 2015, 08:17:23 AM
Quote from: thewobbler on August 29, 2015, 09:07:55 AM
Started watching Narcos last night - new Netflix series about Pablo Escobar - and it's off to a cracking start.

The styling and tempo seems to be borrowed from Goodfellas, which is no bad thing as long as they can keep the quality up.

Watched the first two episodes myself. Cracking show so far. Escobar was some boy!
great viewing, though a bit cringeworthy at times with the American actors. Think they've got the portrayal spot on.

Cracking show, seem to have it down to a tee with the fear that the Narcos carried out their business, the guy playing Escobar is very good and have seen him show emotion once in the whole thing, powerful stuff. 2 episodes left to watch hope it concludes well, but going by the way the rest of the series has been can't see why it wouldn't.

general_lee

Quote from: themac_23 on August 31, 2015, 01:27:47 PM
Started watching Narcos last night - new Netflix series about Pablo Escobar - and it's off to a cracking start.

The styling and tempo seems to be borrowed from Goodfellas, which is no bad thing as long as they can keep the quality up.

Watched the first two episodes myself. Cracking show so far. Escobar was some boy!
great viewing, though a bit cringeworthy at times with the American actors. Think they've got the portrayal spot on.

Cracking show, seem to have it down to a tee with the fear that the Narcos carried out their business, the guy playing Escobar is very good and have seen him show emotion once in the whole thing, powerful stuff. 2 episodes left to watch hope it concludes well, but going by the way the rest of the series has been can't see why it wouldn't.
I have been glued to it all weekend but I am also a stickler for detail so when your wan Vallejo rocks up in a late 90s/early 00s BMW I have to drop marks. This as well as the early to mid 90s Landrover which was borderline. Probably only a small point to pick up on for some people but to me it's like the bottle of water incident with Downton Abbey. :-X

themac_23

Quote from: general_lee on August 31, 2015, 05:34:56 PM
Quote from: themac_23 on August 31, 2015, 01:27:47 PM

I have been glued to it all weekend but I am also a stickler for detail so when your wan Vallejo rocks up in a late 90s/early 00s BMW I have to drop marks. This as well as the early to mid 90s Landrover which was borderline. Probably only a small point to pick up on for some people but to me it's like the bottle of water incident with Downton Abbey. :-X

Just seen that in the last episode there, sticks out so much, esp seeing as my brother had one about 10 years ago and it was the current shape then suppose can't all be perfect haha other than that,great show.

straightred

wrecked this morning - ep 4,5 and 6 made for late night. Will polish it off over the weekend at some stage between all the sport. Great show.

tyroneboi

Movie HD down for anyone else?

BenDover

Quote from: tyroneboi on September 05, 2015, 12:45:14 PM
trying to re-download it and install and the install is failing

tyroneboi

Quote from: BenDover on September 07, 2015, 03:23:53 PM
Quote from: tyroneboi on September 05, 2015, 12:45:14 PM
trying to re-download it and install and the install is failing

I'm still having bother with it so downloaded Cartoon HD in the meantime and it's working grand.

tbrick18

just finished watching season 3 of suits on netflix...great series.
Unfortunately they dont have season 4....anyone know where I could stream it from?

Denn Forever

Quote from: tbrick18 on September 08, 2015, 09:51:04 AM
Unfortunately they dont have season 4....anyone know where I could stream it from?

Is the series on Dave now Series 4 or 5,  Loved the first few series but the currentt series is a bit meh.  Nice eye candy though.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

thewobbler

Suits is glossy and easy viewing but it doesn't half get repetitive.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Denn Forever on September 08, 2015, 11:26:23 AM

Is the series on Dave now Series 4 or 5,  Loved the first few series but the currentt series is a bit meh.  Nice eye candy though.
The ginger one has grown on me. Is she in the later series?

JoG2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 08, 2015, 01:06:47 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on September 08, 2015, 11:26:23 AM

The ginger one red head has grown on me. Is she in the later series?

i wouldn't watch it if she wasn't. what a woman Donna is

* people, save your Rachel comments, there's more meat on a part time butchers apron

Minder

I see Criminal Minds is on Sky Box Sets from the start, is it any good ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on September 15, 2015, 10:27:02 PM
I see Criminal Minds is on Sky Box Sets from the start, is it any good ?
Yes.

JimStynes

Fear the Walking Dead is surprisingly good so far!

Up to date with Narcos, Ray Donovan, Ballers and Suits. I loved Ballers!  Not sure what else to get started on now though.