TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

The Wire creator David Simon has a new mini-series premiering on HBO this weekend called Show Me A Hero

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8VpChKfkd8

QuoteThe miniseries is an adaptation of the nonfiction book of the same name by Lisa Belkin and tells the story of Nick Wasicsko, the youngest big-city mayor in the nation who finds himself thrust into racial controversy when a federal court orders to build a small number of low-income housing units in the white neighborhoods of Yonkers, New York

gallsman

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 13, 2015, 02:52:23 PM
The Wire creator David Simon has a new mini-series premiering on HBO this weekend called Show Me A Hero

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8VpChKfkd8

QuoteThe miniseries is an adaptation of the nonfiction book of the same name by Lisa Belkin and tells the story of Nick Wasicsko, the youngest big-city mayor in the nation who finds himself thrust into racial controversy when a federal court orders to build a small number of low-income housing units in the white neighborhoods of Yonkers, New York

Reada preview that described it as a bit of a comeback for him. Not The Wire obviously but supposedly the best thing he's done since.

muppet

Watched Season 1 of Peaky Blinders.

Once we got over the bizarre name and some dodgy accents at the start............

....we f*cking love it! Brilliant, brilliant show.

I believe there is a Season 2 but it isn't on Netflix yet. Getting Sky very shortly, please tell me that the 2nd season is on Sky Box Office?
MWWSI 2017

Gonzalo15

Quote from: muppet on August 19, 2015, 11:36:38 PM

Once we got over the bizarre name and some dodgy accents at the start............

I believe there is a Season 2 but it isn't on Netflix yet. Getting Sky very shortly, please tell me that the 2nd season is on Sky Box Office?

Season 2 is on US netflix

ziggy90

Season one was very good, season two is brilliant. I think there's a season three in production.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

muppet

Quote from: ziggy90 on August 20, 2015, 06:36:52 AM

Season one was very good, season two is brilliant. I think there's a season three in production.

Music to my ears.

I will sort out the US Netflix.  ;)
MWWSI 2017

bennydorano

Downloaded The Strain (Watch TV) from Sky boxsets. On Episode 4 and i'm loving it, but wary it could become shite at any given moment. Created by horror supremo Guillermo del Toro.

laoislad

The spin off to The Walking Dead starting on Sunday.
Fear the Walking Dead. Looking forward to it.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Gabriel_Hurl

Sorry to disappoint you Benny - but I wouldn't waste your time with that show and stick to reading the books

Mayo4Sam

Any watch Ballers?
In the mould of Entourage
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

screenexile

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 21, 2015, 02:49:41 PM
Any watch Ballers?
In the mould of Entourage

I just love the Rock!!!

I mean he's the Rock, the most electrifying man in Sports Entertainment. In fairness it is decent enough but very very similar to Entourage in how ridiculous it is that it might be true. It's enjoyable fun but should last more than the half hour it's allotted.

ONeill

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on August 12, 2015, 11:14:43 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on August 12, 2015, 11:01:45 AM
Off work this week & have the first 2 series of Banshee downloaded, i dunno what to make of it tbh. It's a bit rednecky for my taste i think, some A team traits and ridiculous fight scences - the one i watched last nite was like Peter & the Rooster outa family guy. Lots of random riding too.

you say this like its a bad thing  :)

I too thought True Detective 2 wasn't a patch on the first series. Hard to make them out at times, v hard to follow.  Wifey was askin me questions throughout last episode as she gave up on it, my response every fcukin time was "dunno" :-[

Exactly the same scenario. We started to watch the final episode and then just turned it off. Still haven't managed to watch it yet.

Ray Donovan has managed to hold up I think.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

vertigonights

Exact same thing happened to me with season 2 finale. Recorded it and seen it was 1 hour 37 mins long and switched off, recorded ray donavan too far better, season 3 is very good.

Tony Baloney

The most startling part of the recent Ray Donovan series is realisation of how short Ian McShane is.

Good show - Mickey must be the father from Hell!

Jeepers Creepers

Seen the trailer for the new Shane Meadows series 'This is England '90'. Can't wait. Highly recommend this and previous series as well if you can  view/download anywhere.  Quality TV maker.