TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: frostbit on February 09, 2015, 11:29:18 PM
Anyone seen True Detective?

Most people on this thread I imagine. It's exceptional.

AZOffaly

I haven't watched True Detective yet, looking forward to it.

Has anybody watched Lilyhammer. It's fairly easy on the brain, and mildy humourous,  but it's watchable enough. Bizarre premise where Frank, the fixer, Tagliano goes into witness protection in Lillehammer, Norway, and carries on  his approach to earning money. It stars Silvio out of the Sopranos, Steven Van Zandt, and there's one amusing scene where himself and his new Norwegian friends/henchmen go back to New York and the Sopranos' theme tune is playing as the montage of the city goes by, like the opening credits of the Sopranos. Then Frankie says 'shut that off' and the driver turns off the stereo and the music stops. I like those little vignettes :)

themac_23

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 16, 2015, 11:38:20 AM

Has anybody watched Lilyhammer. It's fairly easy on the brain, and mildy humourous,  but it's watchable enough. Bizarre premise where Frank, the fixer, Tagliano goes into witness protection in Lillehammer, Norway, and carries on  his approach to earning money. It stars Silvio out of the Sopranos, Steven Van Zandt, and there's one amusing scene where himself and his new Norwegian friends/henchmen go back to New York and the Sopranos' theme tune is playing as the montage of the city goes by, like the opening credits of the Sopranos. Then Frankie says 'shut that off' and the driver turns off the stereo and the music stops. I like those little vignettes :)

Been watching it myself AZ, find it funny and easy to follow, really enjoy how its set up!

if you enjoy stupid comedy a show i came across on netflix was quite funny called Trailer Park Boys. I watched the 1st few seasons and had me in stitches at parts.

screenexile

Quote from: themac_23 on February 16, 2015, 12:49:04 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on February 16, 2015, 11:38:20 AM

Been watching it myself AZ, find it funny and easy to follow, really enjoy how its set up!

if you enjoy stupid comedy a show i came across on netflix was quite funny called Trailer Park Boys. I watched the 1st few seasons and had me in stitches at parts.

It has some great comedic characters with Bubbles and Lahey being my particular favourites... it really shouldn't work at all but somehow it does it's very good!!!

bennydorano

The latest series of Episodes is excellent, keeps on delivering.

Agent Orange

Quote from: omagh_gael on February 09, 2015, 11:48:03 PM
Thought Better Call Saul was great tonight.

Last nights was better, obvious what was going to happen at the end with the bag, but typical Saul.

BennyHarp

Just caught up on a few episodes of Catastrophe on channel 4 after a recommendation from someone at work. I've enjoyed it so far.
That was never a square ball!!

JoG2

Banshee is really rocking at the minute. Episode 5 of Season 3 last night. Brilliant stuff, got 9.4 on IMDb

ONeill

Count Arthur Strong finishes tonight. Linehan delivered again with this series.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 17, 2015, 09:03:45 PM
Just caught up on a few episodes of Catastrophe on channel 4 after a recommendation from someone at work. I've enjoyed it so far.
It's great. Best "British" (well Irish/American) comedy in years.

Billys Boots

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 17, 2015, 11:08:50 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on February 17, 2015, 09:03:45 PM
It's great. Best "British" (well Irish/American) comedy in years.

Watched the first two episodes of it last night - very good indeed.  Apparently, well I'm told, that she's Shane Horgan's (the rugby bloke) sister.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Hardy

She is. Bellewstown girl. Unfortunately, it's her presence in it that's deterring me from checking it out. Deirdre O'Kane factor.

Billys Boots

Quote from: Hardy on February 18, 2015, 09:43:14 AM
She is. Bellewstown girl. Unfortunately, it's her presence in it that's deterring me from checking it out. Deirdre O'Kane factor.

Give it a blast Hardy - it's pretty good, comparatively speaking.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Billys Boots on February 18, 2015, 10:37:46 AM
Quote from: Hardy on February 18, 2015, 09:43:14 AM

Give it a blast Hardy - it's pretty good, comparatively speaking.
Would agree. I went in with lowish expectations and if I hadn't seen decent reviews I probably wouldn't have bothered but it is worth watching (comparitively speaking, as Billy says).

laoislad

I've been watching 12 Monkeys and its decent enough. Certainly enough to keep me watching it. I've never actually seen the movie.
Great to have The Walking Dead back also.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.