TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 27, 2014, 11:00:06 AM
Quote from: LeoMc on October 27, 2014, 09:53:14 AM
Quote from: Bingo on October 06, 2014, 09:49:13 AM
Quote from: Hereiam on October 06, 2014, 09:44:09 AM
Ole Nidge will be gettin what is coming to him. Time will tell if it can deliver.

With the nature of the show and the unglamorous side of the crimelord scene that it portrays I can't see Nidge surviving.

Warming up nicely. Patrick Ward is developing nicely as a character. Hard to figure out who will be left for the next series.

Think this is the last series so expect few to be standing.  Although I read that there may now be a sixth season also.  God only knows.

I think it was going to be the last series (10-12 episodes) but they were now going for 2 series of 6 episodes each.

charlieTully

Just finished season three of the west wing. Gripped.  Every spare moment is taken up with it.

CiKe

Quote from: charlieTully on October 27, 2014, 11:29:58 PM
Just finished season three of the west wing. Gripped.  Every spare moment is taken up with it.

Alias planned on watching that but then never got round it - just too many series! Started House of Cards recently. Great stuff so far.

Tony Baloney

Anyone seen or watching The Intruders? Started on BBC2 last night I think it has aired on BBC America already.

screenexile

Quote from: CiKe on October 28, 2014, 07:22:46 AM

Alias planned on watching that but then never got round it - just too many series! Started House of Cards recently. Great stuff so far.

First 5 series are all you need to see... goes down hill big time after that but still the best about IMHO

charlieTully

loved house of cards too, a lot darker than the west wing.

ziggy90

Quote from: charlieTully on October 28, 2014, 03:46:38 PM

Have you seen the original BBBC production? Does this one compare favourably with it?
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

charlieTully

Quote from: ziggy90 on October 28, 2014, 06:21:31 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on October 28, 2014, 03:46:38 PM

Have you seen the original BBBC production? Does this one compare favourably with it?

I have never seen the original, but would definitely recommend this one, its rating on IMDb is 9.1

5 Sams

Duine ar bith eile ag amharc ar "An Bronntanas"? Baruil ar bith?
The Aristocrat Years

Canalman

Fell upon a programme yesterday on RTE I think called Murray About or something like that. Basically some guy wandering around chatting to people he meets. Surprisingly very good. He asked some very hard questions of some people wandering around Islandbridge/ Phoenix Park and got some very good replies imo.

Conversations ranged from dogs being killed by a car, the poor standards of bar staff nowadays, caring for adult children with disabilites etc.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

screenexile

Quote from: Minder on November 09, 2014, 10:37:18 PM
Wipeout

Royal Flush there alright... Is that it then??

Looking forward to the fall again as well!

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Bingo

Serious TV. Shocking and unpredictable. Fair play to Love/hate, says a lot about it that despite been a hateful bastard, you wanted him to make in the last scene.

As for Fran  :-[

ONeill

That was the ending I hoped for.

Apart from Janet.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.