TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: ziggy90 on January 05, 2014, 10:41:29 AM
Quote from: Minder on January 04, 2014, 08:15:19 PM
Bridge II tonight at 9pm & 10pm on BBC4

Ah white, only just seen this, is it repeated later in the week?
Don't you live in the bbc.co.uk zone? Can you not watch it on the BBC player?

The first 2 episodes were ok marred by a corny main plot, involving hackneyed depictions of nasty young school kids and evil killer eco-terrorists. Plenty of scenes involving going to work by driving across the bridge or going home via the bridge.

Celt_Man

Quote from: Main Street on January 05, 2014, 09:53:26 AM
Quote from: No1 on January 04, 2014, 02:09:08 AM
Probably about 20 years too late but Homicide Life on the Streets is absolutely fantastic. Pembleton is some boy! Great box set.
The show is timeless, well the  6 series are,  the 7th is mostly missable.
The rookie Bayliss, his first case sets the whole series as being outstanding, from his first crime scene, to the gut wrenching time when they inform the family to the intense interrogation (him and Frank) of the suspect.
The 6th series,  in amongst the 22 or so episodes you have a couple of the all time exceptional episodes of tv drama is a series  -   Paul Giamatti & his pit bulls, and the man in the subway episode.

Is it on NetFlix gents??  Soon as I get the Internet sorted, I'll be getting my scription...
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Mickey Linden

Have any of u used tv online cc? Is it a safe enough site to use and deposit money?

ziggy90

Yep MS, forgot about I-player. ??? ???
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Billys Boots

Quote from: ziggy90 on January 06, 2014, 06:53:49 AM
Yep MS, forgot about I-player. ??? ???

Don't miss it Ziggy, it's better than season-1, in my opinion anyway. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

J OGorman

Quote from: Mickey Linden on January 05, 2014, 10:11:30 PM
Have any of u used tv online cc? Is it a safe enough site to use and deposit money?

Mickey...depositing money to watch shows? if yes, dont be at it, no need. Plenty of site to watch for diddly-zip

Canalman

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on January 01, 2014, 02:44:19 PM
Watched The League and Lilyhammer on Netflix over the holidays. Both very good. Lilyhammer wasn't great first series but 2nd series is great.

Thanks for that AM. Was humming and hawing about watching S2 of Lilyhammer after S1 (good but imo not good enough to automatically watch S2). Will do so now.

Finishing up S2 of American Horror Story. Very good series but won't be to everyone's taste. Never a dull moment in it.

Denn Forever

Is anybody else disappointed by the latest Sherlock series?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Billys Boots

Quote from: Denn Forever on January 06, 2014, 12:44:14 PM

Have only seen the first one - I thought it was good, but not brilliant.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

johnneycool

Quote from: Billys Boots on January 06, 2014, 01:13:33 PM

Have only seen the first one - I thought it was good, but not brilliant.

Tuned in last night to see what all the fuss was about, and it was a strange mishmash of half stories told around the event of Dr Watsons wedding. Hopefully that was a one off, but I turned over after half and hour or so.

bridgegael

Last nights sherlock was by far the worst i have seen.  Was very near switching over myself. Hopefully just a one off blip.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: bridgegael on January 06, 2014, 01:32:46 PM
Last nights sherlock was by far the worst i have seen.  Was very near switching over myself. Hopefully just a one off blip.
I read a review in one the Sunday papers that gave it 5 stars and said it was the best yet! I personally didn't really like it but it was okay.

J OGorman

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 06, 2014, 02:04:18 PM
Quote from: bridgegael on January 06, 2014, 01:32:46 PM
I read a review in one the Sunday papers that gave it 5 stars and said it was the best yet! I personally didn't really like it but it was okay.

each to their own, and I know last nights didnt have a big single case, but I thought it was a great episode. Very well written

Hardy

Spot on. I thought last night's was absolutely brilliant. Fantastic writing.

LeoMc

Meh, not as good as the first 2 but still entertaining enough.