TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maggie

Bit disappointed with the last episode of The Fall but i suppose it leaves it open for the next series. And Jamie D is a fine looking man (minus the serial killer bit).

Syferus

Quote from: Orior on June 12, 2013, 08:49:07 PM
Quote from: ziggy90 on June 12, 2013, 08:13:16 PM
Finished watching the first series of The Fall last night, great tv. Brilliant acting by Gillian Anderson and the rest of the cast, a gripping story line and the I thought Belfast was shown up as very atmospheric. The ending wasn't what I expected but I'm already looking forward to the second series.

On another note, did anyone watch The Village? A series about how the WW1 affected a community in the north of England, superb tv as well.

I agree with what you say about the Fall. All the so-called experts say that it was cliched, but I still enjoyed it, especially for the great looking chicks. A big woof-woof for Gillian Anderson.

All the reviews I've read have been full of praise, Orior. The best thing filmed in Ireland not called Game of Thrones.

gerrykeegan

Finished watching the first series of The Fall last night, great tv. Brilliant acting by Gillian Anderson and the rest of the cast, a gripping story line and the I thought Belfast was shown up as very atmospheric. The ending wasn't what I expected but I'm already looking forward to the second series.

On another note, did anyone watch The Village? A series about how the WW1 affected a community in the north of England, superb tv as well.

I agree with what you say about the Fall. All the so-called experts say that it was cliched, but I still enjoyed it, especially for the great looking chicks. A big woof-woof for Gillian Anderson.

Watched it from the start, thought at times it was very slow. In the end I would say 6.5 out of 10. Gillian Anderson is 44 in real life,I would have put her a good few years older in the show. I will still look out for the second series.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

ziggy90

Quote from: gerrykeegan on June 12, 2013, 09:26:41 PM

Watched it from the start, thought at times it was very slow. In the end I would say 6.5 out of 10. Gillian Anderson is 44 in real life,I would have put her a good few years older in the show. I will still look out for the second series.

I must admit I'd have put her about the fifty mark. It was slow at times but I think that added to its attraction (having to concentrate for a while is no bad thing).
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

laoislad

44? Sure she's not even reached her prime yet    :)
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gerrykeegan

Quote from: ziggy90 on June 12, 2013, 09:35:35 PM
Quote from: gerrykeegan on June 12, 2013, 09:26:41 PM

I must admit I'd have put her about the fifty mark. It was slow at times but I think that added to its attraction (having to concentrate for a while is no bad thing).

Don't get me wrong I enjoyed it, it was just at times it would slow to a crawl and I would be shouting, f**k sake show something other than a face looking blankly. That said the killer was superb. I hated him from the start.

gerrykeegan

Quote from: laoislad on June 12, 2013, 09:43:43 PM

How is the cycling going?

laoislad

Quote from: gerrykeegan on June 12, 2013, 09:49:33 PM
Quote from: laoislad on June 12, 2013, 09:43:43 PM

How is the cycling going?

All good,love the new bike.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Celt_Man

OH f**king GOD!!!

I'm after watching the last 2 episodes of Season 3 of Game of Thrones............

I think I'm actually in shock after watching episode 9 - can't believe what happened....
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Syferus

Quote from: Celt_Man on June 13, 2013, 01:02:42 AM
OH f**king GOD!!!

I'm after watching the last 2 episodes of Season 3 of Game of Thrones............

I think I'm actually in shock after watching episode 9 - can't believe what happened....

The signs were there for the twist after what happened at Winterfell at the end of season 2. Season 3 was great viewing as usual but a little too much of characters endlessly travelling, and Theon spent the entire season chained to a cross.

Hopefully there's more pace next season. There should be too with the ravens sendings out the big news to all corners of 'WestRos' in the finale.

nrico2006

Quote from: maggie on June 12, 2013, 08:58:06 PM
Bit disappointed with the last episode of The Fall but i suppose it leaves it open for the next series. And Jamie D is a fine looking man (minus the serial killer bit).

Some strange casting in the fall though, your doll from Hollyoaks as Dornans wife is strange as she is rough.  Still find the portrayal of Gillian Anderson's character strange, the bit with her randomly telling a Detective she'd like him to sort her out was very strange especially as she said it in front of a low ranking officer, plus the same officer then cleaning up her mess and her referral to the Assistant Chief about their previous affair all seem out of character for a high ranking lead officer.  Are they trying to show her as having similarities with the killer?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 13, 2013, 08:41:34 AM
Quote from: maggie on June 12, 2013, 08:58:06 PM

Some strange casting in the fall though, your doll from Hollyoaks as Dornans wife is strange as she is rough.  Still find the portrayal of Gillian Anderson's character strange, the bit with her randomly telling a Detective she'd like him to sort her out was very strange especially as she said it in front of a low ranking officer, plus the same officer then cleaning up her mess and her referral to the Assistant Chief about their previous affair all seem out of character for a high ranking lead officer.  Are they trying to show her as having similarities with the killer?

Yes, I think so. Decent show and better than what's been on lately
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on June 13, 2013, 10:38:01 AM
Shite ending. They had the killer over a barrel and then it just ended.

Also, what the fcuk was the sub-plot about? Pointless.

Sub plots are in a lot of shows, and as for the ending, not really an ending as there is a new series of it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

nrico2006

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 13, 2013, 10:50:46 AM

Sub plots are in a lot of shows, and as for the ending, not really an ending as there is a new series of it

Some of the sub-plots were not well explained and added very little to the main story.  Monroe senior, what and who exactly is he?  Why was he or the Detetives that died required and what did their stories add?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 13, 2013, 11:54:41 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 13, 2013, 10:50:46 AM

Some of the sub-plots were not well explained and added very little to the main story.  Monroe senior, what and who exactly is he?  Why was he or the Detetives that died required and what did their stories add?

Monroe is a senior politician in N.I and his son runs a PR company I think, bringing in hookers and supplying them with dope/coke, his son's ex wife died and that was why she was initially brought in, to find that killer and subsequently took over the other murders. The sub plot is showing the senior PSNI (Lynch) as a bent-ish cop who'll sort things out for the senior politician

They may link in later on but, the jest of the story is centred around the serial killer.......... phew