TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

The Challenger on BBC2 is good stuff so far.

Denn Forever

I Claudius is being repeated on BBC Four on Tuesday nights.  Excellent.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Denn Forever on March 20, 2013, 10:54:42 AM

Aye flicked it round last night and she gave me a right look!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

omagh_gael

Canalman

Indeed, have it taped . Really looking forward to it. Read the book many years ago.

Also, The Boss starts on Thursday night with Kelsey Grammer (sic) as a mayor of Chicago. Think it is on More 4 but not sure. Hope it is as good as suggested.

5 Sams

The Office Series 1 is repeated on Gold n Monday nights. I have watched it many times but it still never fails to make me laugh.
The Aristocrat Years

Syferus

There was a pretty good episode of GAA Beo on Sunday. Beautifully paced ending to boot.

AFS

Quote from: Canalman on March 20, 2013, 03:07:36 PM

Indeed, have it taped . Really looking forward to it. Read the book many years ago.

Also, The Boss starts on Thursday night with Kelsey Grammer (sic) as a mayor of Chicago. Think it is on More 4 but not sure. Hope it is as good as suggested.

It got the boot after season two. Worth bearing in mind if it would annoy you to watch a show that leaves behind a pile of loose ends. Decent show otherwise.

Canalman

Quote from: AFS on March 20, 2013, 11:23:23 PM
Quote from: Canalman on March 20, 2013, 03:07:36 PM

It got the boot after season two. Worth bearing in mind if it would annoy you to watch a show that leaves behind a pile of loose ends. Decent show otherwise.

Thanks for the heads up.
Another Carnivále type ending to a show I suppose.

Finished  Secret State with Gabriel Byrne last night. Not a bad mini series and enjoyed it. Still think it was not as good as the Ray McAnally version which was brilliant.
After watching it and Borgen I wonder why anyone wants to ever be a Prime Minister. Just plain hassle all the time.

Minder

Finished season 4 of Breaking Bad, it's some show. The last shot of season 4 confirms Walt has turned over to the dark side.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Armaghgeddon

Person of Interest is very good

The Iceman

Quote from: Minder on March 22, 2013, 05:55:44 PM
Finished season 4 of Breaking Bad, it's some show. The last shot of season 4 confirms Walt has turned over to the dark side.
It hasn't confirmed anything - it leads you to believe he might have. Part of the cliffhanger!

finishing up season 2 of walking dead here this weekend and finished season 4 of SoA earlier in feb.
Some shows i fairness.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

Watched a 4 part Britsh drama the other day on Netflix, One night. Set around four characters based on one night were two people end up getting assulted. Very good show
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ziggysego

Has anyone been watching Broadchurch on UTV? Three episodes in now, but fantastic Monday night television. A murder mystery.
Testing Accessibility